Grimm Forum
Renard does he know his father is dead??? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: Renard does he know his father is dead??? (/Thread-Renard-does-he-know-his-father-is-dead)

Pages: 1 2

Renard does he know his father is dead??? - Kathryn Wooten - 12-01-2015

Meisner killed his father but not one mention about his daughter and the death of his father...don't anyone find that strange???and I hate Renard lack of air time...I really only watch if Renard has something to do and not even having him reacting or know by now the king /his father is did is completely stupid

RE: Renard does he know his father is dead??? - izzy - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:25 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Meisner killed his father but not one mention about his daughter and the death of his father...don't anyone find that strange???and I hate Renard lack of air time...I really only watch if Renard has something to do and not even having him reacting or know by now the king /his father is did is completely stupid

I fear he may indeed be the main character they off this season. Hank and Renard are easily the most disposable characters and the easiest and cleanest way to inject new blood and challenges into the series. By that i mean new Captains and partners happen all the time in real life, and like in life, the character has to be adapted to, thus opening up new horizons for the show. Renard or Hank dying by bullet, getting ousted for corruption or taking a job in another city is pretty standard fare.

RE: Renard does he know his father is dead??? - Hexenadler - 12-01-2015

Nick will snap Renard's neck after he finds out about his dalliance with Juliette last season.

...okay, maybe that's what I would like to see happen.

RE: Renard does he know his father is dead??? - speakeasy - 12-02-2015

(12-01-2015, 05:25 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Meisner killed his father but not one mention about his daughter and the death of his father...don't anyone find that strange???and I hate Renard lack of air time...I really only watch if Renard has something to do and not even having him reacting or know by now the king /his father is did is completely stupid

I'm with you, Kathryn, I am mostly interested in Renard's place in the Grimm scheme of things. Smile Meisner had a scene in the Captain's office and told him he had killed the king. Renard didn't take the news too hard; surprise. He's told Meisner to help him find Diana (who told him she was given to the Resistance in exchange for offing King Frederick, don't forget Meisner is an assassin for the Lauder or Resistance). That scene leaves open the question about Meisner's loyalty to Renard, which has been portrayed as strong up to now, imo. My hope is that it is still there, because I want to see these two formidable types continue to work together.

Hexenbiest Juliette would have been quite impossible for Sean or any man to resist, if we are to believe the late, lamented Henrietta. I give him a pass on his interlude with her; especially considering he had his own terrible dark magics after-affects to contend with at the time. This is me diving for cover after such an admission around here. Big Grin

Renard will probably move on to a higher public office; at least that is my hope. I still feel very attached to him and believe in his innate soundness of character. (Duck again.) To paraphrase Giles, he does battle on the front lines of a daily war, and imo, that calls for toughness of mind and sometimes an acceptance that expediency must take precedence over more noble impulses - unless he wants to be a dead guy who did the right thing.

RE: Renard does he know his father is dead??? - jsgrimm45 - 12-02-2015

Yes Meisner told Sean that the King was dead and Renard told Meisner that the Kenneth was dead, but Meisner had heard about that. Then Meisner told Sean that it was Viktor who came to the resistance to kill the King. Note we have debated who was the inside man but (I could be wrong) don't think anyone thought Viktor.

Meisner did say the body wasn't found yet interesting question on why not, I would think Viktor would want it found?

Meisner was very vague on LBB where she was just said friends question is that Chavez group or resistance?

(12-02-2015, 07:38 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Yes Meisner told Sean that the King was dead and Renard told Meisner that the Kenneth was dead, but Meisner had heard about that. Then Meisner told Sean that it was Viktor who came to the resistance to kill the King. Note we have debated who was the inside man but (I could be wrong) don't think anyone thought Viktor.

Meisner did say the body wasn't found yet interesting question on why not, I would think Viktor would want it found?

Meisner was very vague on LBB where she was just said friends question is that Chavez group or resistance?

Yes, in his conversation with Renard he indicated that Viktor made a trade with the Resistance - assassinate the king and they could have Diana. (Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly; have horrible recall.) But like all situations involving intrigue, I guess the players shouldn't trust anyone, so Meisner could be lying. I have the feeling that the baby is not here in the States at this time, dunno why.

RE: Renard does he know his father is dead??? - wfmyers1207 - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 07:59 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 07:38 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Yes Meisner told Sean that the King was dead and Renard told Meisner that the Kenneth was dead, but Meisner had heard about that. Then Meisner told Sean that it was Viktor who came to the resistance to kill the King. Note we have debated who was the inside man but (I could be wrong) don't think anyone thought Viktor.

Yes, in his conversation with Renard he indicated that Viktor made a trade with the Resistance - assassinate the king and they could have Diana. (Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly; have horrible recall.) But like all situations involving intrigue, I guess the players shouldn't trust anyone, so Meisner could be lying. I have the feeling that the baby is not here in the States at this time, dunno why.

I think LBB is with the Chavez/Meisner group and they have her stashed somewhere here in the States. Trying to keep her as far from the Royals as possible. But, I could be wrong.Dodgy

What interests me is now that Frederich is dead and Victor is the new king, where does this leave Renard in the scheme of things? Considering that it was Victor who tried to have Renard killed, I can't see them becoming big buddy pals! Tongue

This is one of the reasons I don't actually think that Renard will go back to the Family. At least, not as long as Victor is alive. Hint, hint!Big Grin

RE: Renard does he know his father is dead??? - Kathryn Wooten - 12-02-2015

I thought the king had Viktor killed?

RE: Renard does he know his father is dead??? - jsgrimm45 - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 12:07 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: I thought the king had Viktor killed?
All we seen and were told VIktor was recalled. Renard says that means Viktor King and Meisner says for now.

I surely didn't, jsgrimm45. I thought Viktor was probably dead by order of the King for not completing his mission; these folks don't mess around. Smile

speakeasy wrote:
I have the feeling that the baby is not here in the States at this time, dunno why.
[/quote]

(12-02-2015, 10:07 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I think LBB is with the Chavez/Meisner group and they have her stashed somewhere here in the States. Trying to keep her as far from the Royals as possible. But, I could be wrong.Dodgy

What interests me is now that Frederich is dead and Victor is the new king, where does this leave Renard in the scheme of things? Considering that it was Victor who tried to have Renard killed, I can't see them becoming big buddy pals! Tongue

This is one of the reasons I don't actually think that Renard will go back to the Family. At least, not as long as Victor is alive. Hint, hint!Big Grin

Here's why I think Diana may not be in the country, wfmeyers1207:

1. For some reason, I'm feeling that there are few Resistance people in Portland and most are still working from their base in Europe. There will so much danger with the uprising that they might not be able to guarantee her safety.

2. That little one will be the object of much competition between factions because she is a Princess with Royal blood and therefore in line for the throne, and everyone recognizes her enormous power. Of course, her parents and the Scoobies believe she should be kept away from their corrupting influence. Viktor has much reason to want to see the child dead and no longer a threat to his throne; that guy needs to go. Renard has a much stronger claim to the throne than Viktor, imo, he's apparently the last of King Frederick's direct issues, so what's the problem; maybe it's the bastard thing. The families of the House of Kronenburg are probably headed for an ugly fight.

3. She is in such danger that it seems as if being in Portland is not as safe as being in the care of an organization that has the resources to protect her and keep her whereabouts unknown.

All this won't matter if the writers change the direction of the show and play down the original Royals' master strategy to take over the world - and if that happens, there isn't a whole lot of reason to have the Captain around. So sad.

Also, wherever Diana is, could Elizabeth be far behind. If Sean gets an overseas call from his mom, we'll know. But if she shows up in Portland, than that's where the princess will be, I think. If so, that'll be another one of my brilliant intuitions that didn't pan out; I'm used to it. Tongue