Grimm Forum
The house - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+--- Thread: The house (/Thread-The-house)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The house - jsgrimm45 - 11-07-2015

With the for sale sign looks like who owned the house is cleared up. Nick must have the right to sale it so it must be his house. With Juliette missing if it was her's he wouldn't have that right. It also must not be in both names same reason. Unless someone else has a better idea?

RE: The house - New Guy - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 07:11 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: With the for sale sign looks like who owned the house is cleared up. Nick must have the right to sale it so it must be his house. With Juliette missing if it was her's he wouldn't have that right. It also must not be in both names same reason. Unless someone else has a better idea?
Hi JS,
Indeed it seems Nick was the owner. So who was slumming whom? LOL
Yet why would the owner sleep on the sofa rather in his spare bedroom? Why did Nick move out and use Monroe's attic room?
Were the writers confused? Did they think we wouldn't notice?
New Guy

RE: The house - speakeasy - 11-07-2015

Think is was Juliette's house to begin with. Back in Season 1 or 2, there seemed to be a flashback to the time he moved in with her. He owned an Elvis lamp or something and they joked about how she didn't want to display it, I think.

RE: The house - jsgrimm45 - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 09:53 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Think is was Juliette's house to begin with. Back in Season 1 or 2, there seemed to be a flashback to the time he moved in with her. He owned an Elvis lamp or something and they joked about how she didn't want to display it, I think.
I always thought that looked like they were both moving in at the same time, I based this on the fact the refig was empty.

RE: The house - speakeasy - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 10:01 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 09:53 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Think is was Juliette's house to begin with. Back in Season 1 or 2, there seemed to be a flashback to the time he moved in with her. He owned an Elvis lamp or something and they joked about how she didn't want to display it, I think.
I always thought that looked like they were both moving in at the same time, I based this on the fact the refig was empty.

You could be right! Smile

RE: The house - wfmyers1207 - 11-07-2015

I'm with jsgrimm on this one. Back when I watched that episode it also seemed to me they were moving in TOGETHER!

(11-07-2015, 11:51 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:

I'm with jsgrimm on this one. Back when I watched that episode it also seemed to me they were moving in TOGETHER!
Hi Grimsters,
My primary resource on ownership is J.T. Google, Esq. So if the deed and other legal papers have Nick as owner, then he can sell the house. If they have both Nick and Juliette as JT WROS, "joint tenants with the right of survivorship," then it seems that at Juliette's death Nick will own the property and can sell it.
Regardless, if Nick had ownership, why did he sleep on the sofa? Why not sleep in the spare bedroom? They both offered to move out. Both of them did move out (Nick to Monroe's attic and Juliette to her car, shack up with Renard, then with Kenneth, then RIP) so what gives?
If Juliette could achieve a DVM, didn't she know about hotels?
There are times when the characters seem to be stupid.
New Guy

RE: The house - wfmyers1207 - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 12:12 PM)New Guy Wrote:

Hi Grimsters,
My primary resource on ownership is J.T. Google, Esq. So if the deed and other legal papers have Nick as owner, then he can sell the house. If they have both Nick and Juliette as JT WROS, "joint tenants with the right of survivorship," then it seems that at Juliette's death Nick will own the property and can sell it.
Regardless, if Nick had ownership, why did he sleep on the sofa? Why not sleep in the spare bedroom? They both offered to move out. Both of them did move out (Nick to Monroe's attic and Juliette to her car, shack up with Renard, then with Kenneth, then RIP) so what gives?
New Guy

The simple fact is it's just custom. The GUY always has to move out. It may not be written down in law books, but there it is!

True story. Once many years ago, I had an old girlfriend living at my place. After an argument that was the final straw, I told her to get the hell out. She refused to go. I had to call the cops to have her removed. (If I had done it myself, I'd probably have been busted for domestic violence. I ain't that stupid.)

The cops tried to make me leave!! Her name wasn't even on the damned lease!! I had to actually show it to them to convince them she had no right to be there without my permission!

Why did Nick move out? Because in our society the guy is automatically presumed to be wrong!Sad

(11-07-2015, 12:26 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 12:12 PM)New Guy Wrote:

Hi Grimsters,
New Guy

The simple fact is it's just custom. The GUY always has to move out. It may not be written down in law books, but there it is!

True story. Once many years ago, I had an old girlfriend living at my place. After an argument that was the final straw, I told her to get the hell out. She refused to go. I had to call the cops to have her removed. (If I had done it myself, I'd probably have been busted for domestic violence. I ain't that stupid.)

The cops tried to make me leave!! Her name wasn't even on the damned lease!! I had to actually show it to them to convince them she had no right to be there without my permission!

Why did Nick move out? Because in our society the guy is automatically presumed to be wrong!Sad
Hi WF,
Sorry about your XGF issues.
So if Nick and Adalind share living space will she return to work as a hot shot attorney and partner in a major Portland law practice so they can move out of the slums? Nick's place is in such a high crime part of town!
New Guy

RE: The house - izzy - 11-07-2015

(11-07-2015, 12:42 PM)New Guy Wrote: So if Nick and Adalind share living space will she return to work as a hot shot attorney and partner in a major Portland law practice so they can move out of the slums? Nick's place is in such a high crime part of town!

Okay, that is one of the funniest lines ever delivered in this forum.