Grimm Forum
Nick's reaction - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick's reaction (/Thread-Nick-s-reaction)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nick's reaction - eric - 11-02-2015

I know this was discussed on other threads, but I've been busy at work and haven't had a lot of time to add to the discussion. I am not sure where the original posts are, so here goes. There have been many comments about Nick's response to the deaths of Kelly and Juliette, Truble's abduction and his sedate conversation with Chavez at the FBI office. People respond to death and other major stresses in different ways and at different speeds. PTSD is delayed reaction to the stress of people trying to kill you and your friends, while you kill or try to kill them. If you immediately focus on these full time, you die. Nick has been a cop for several years. For him to focus, as a human, on the victims' pain and immediate problems , he wouldn't have time or energy to catch the bad guys. His first response was to locate and recover Truble, Juliette and Mom's head. If he had trashed Chaves' office, he would have gone straight to jail. He will have plenty of time to grieve and regret later.

RE: Nick's reaction - Hexenadler - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 08:52 AM)eric Wrote: His first response was to locate and recover Truble, Juliette and Mom's head. If he had trashed Chaves' office, he would have gone straight to jail.

The advertising for season 5 guaranteed "Nick Unleashed", and so far, we haven't seen anything even close to that.

Nick is a Grimm. That makes him something more than human by default, and when something more than human gets pissed off, the consequences should be explosive. Nick shouldn't have just trashed Chavez's office, he should have pummeled every last person in the building who tried to throw him out. With all the talk of "vengeance" and "fury" thrown around in the trailers, I was expecting to see dozens of people left behind from Nick's rampage rushed into the ER.

If Nick isn't going to go all-out, that's fine, but I just wish the trailers wouldn't keep promising something the show's budget can't deliver.

RE: Nick's reaction - New Guy - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 10:10 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 08:52 AM)eric Wrote: His first response was to locate and recover Truble, Juliette and Mom's head. If he had trashed Chaves' office, he would have gone straight to jail.

The advertising for season 5 guaranteed "Nick Unleashed", and so far, we haven't seen anything even close to that.

Nick is a Grimm. That makes him something more than human by default, and when something more than human gets pissed off, the consequences should be explosive. Nick shouldn't have just trashed Chavez's office, he should have pummeled every last person in the building who tried to throw him out. With all the talk of "vengeance" and "fury" thrown around in the trailers, I was expecting to see dozens of people left behind from Nick's rampage rushed into the ER.

If Nick isn't going to go all-out, that's fine, but I just wish the trailers wouldn't keep promising something the show's budget can't deliver.
Hi Hexenadler,
I agree. Episode 5.01, the Grimm Identity, did not live up to all the hype. There was minimal vengeance and fury. There was no funeral for Juliette. The funeral, attendees and verbal exchanges would have answered a lot of questions for us on this Forum.
To add to the frustration, Chavez has been killed so Nick's best conduit to answers is gone. I hope that four claw scrawl does not turn out as hokey as the Jack the Ripper plot line.
New Guy

RE: Nick's reaction - jsgrimm45 - 11-02-2015

I look for Meisner the be the contact for that group and Nick. The next episode I believer will be the key to season 5 and we will get more answers.

RE: Nick's reaction - eric - 11-02-2015

(11-02-2015, 10:10 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 08:52 AM)eric Wrote: His first response was to locate and recover Truble, Juliette and Mom's head. If he had trashed Chaves' office, he would have gon'pe straight to jail.

The trouble with "pummeling" anyone in a FBI office is that the FBI SWAT team would be all over you and could blow you away, Grimm or no. At least, they would arrest you and you would spend a lot of time in jail--probably to Season 7. That would really slow down the show.Big Grin

RE: Nick's reaction - izzy - 11-03-2015

(11-02-2015, 10:52 AM)New Guy Wrote: To add to the frustration, Chavez has been killed so Nick's best conduit to answers is gone.

Chavez was useless. She could have filled Nick, Hank and Wu in on many things during her brief captivity and during her transit to the clandestine meeting place. What purpose did it serve, other than to further the plotline, for her not to reveal anything conversationally before she was slashed. Everyone in my household guessed Chavez would be killed before revealing much, and she was. It was that transparent and strained of a plot device.

I was delighted to see she died hard, as I detested her character.

(11-02-2015, 10:52 AM)New Guy Wrote: I hope that four claw scrawl does not turn out as hokey as the Jack the Ripper plot line.

I think the Jack The Ripper saga had one use, it did showcase the actors acting abilities which I enjoyed seeing displayed.

I wonder if his contract was up and it was simply a deliberate device to take away salary leverage and give them a chance to wrap up the character if needed.

RE: Nick's reaction - Wessenrein - 11-03-2015

@Izzy, I agree with you, the Jack the Ripper angle gave the actor a way to showcae his talnet. I also believe it was an angle to introduce Renard's mother, Elizabeth, which I hope they bring her back. Other than those two reasons, I really didn't see a need for it.

INick's reaction to the situation he finds himself in, is exactly what I expected. Angry and wanting to find who kidnapped Trubel, stole Julette's body and Kelly's head.

I also agre that Chavez was mostly useless, except for one thing, she has lead Nick to this group, might be the resistance since Meisner is some how involved.

RE: Nick's reaction - Hexenadler - 11-03-2015

(11-02-2015, 10:30 PM)eric Wrote: The trouble with "pummeling" anyone in a FBI office is that the FBI SWAT team would be all over you and could blow you away, Grimm or no. At least, they would arrest you and you would spend a lot of time in jail--probably to Season 7. That would really slow down the show.Big Grin

Then Nick would just destroy the SWAT team. The more the world throws at Nick, the stronger and angrier he gets, until by the end of the season, all of Portland is reduced to a smoldering rubble, with Nick standing over a mountain of bodies. Cool

Look, if the trailers and advertisements promise fury, I expect fury. Trying to argue otherwise is just defending what amounts to poor marketing. That's all I'm saying.

RE: Nick's reaction - irukandji - 11-03-2015

(11-02-2015, 08:52 AM)eric Wrote: PTSD is delayed reaction to the stress of people trying to kill you and your friends, while you kill or try to kill them. If you immediately focus on these full time, you die. Nick has been a cop for several years. For him to focus, as a human, on the victims' pain and immediate problems , he wouldn't have time or energy to catch the bad guys. His first response was to locate and recover Truble, Juliette and Mom's head. If he had trashed Chaves' office, he would have gone straight to jail. He will have plenty of time to grieve and regret later.

I don't think there will be any grief over Juliette and Kelly. They were not in any of the hospitals, no bodies were found, and there was no evidence that either had been in the house. The characters did some what and who questioning, but none of them shed a tear.

I'm not sure what the first episode was all about, if it was reality or Nick's reality. I have a feeling though that from now on, it will be a hunt for Trubel and whatever's coming to Portland, and Juliette and Kelly will be left behind because until bodies are found, they're not really dead.

RE: Nick's reaction - Lin S. - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 06:27 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(11-02-2015, 08:52 AM)eric Wrote: PTSD is delayed reaction to the stress of people trying to kill you and your friends, while you kill or try to kill them. If you immediately focus on these full time, you die. Nick has been a cop for several years. For him to focus, as a human, on the victims' pain and immediate problems , he wouldn't have time or energy to catch the bad guys. His first response was to locate and recover Truble, Juliette and Mom's head. If he had trashed Chaves' office, he would have gone straight to jail. He will have plenty of time to grieve and regret later.

I don't think there will be any grief over Juliette and Kelly. They were not in any of the hospitals, no bodies were found, and there was no evidence that either had been in the house. The characters did some what and who questioning, but none of them shed a tear.

I'm not sure what the first episode was all about, if it was reality or Nick's reality. I have a feeling though that from now on, it will be a hunt for Trubel and whatever's coming to Portland, and Juliette and Kelly will be left behind because until bodies are found, they're not really dead.

ditto to everything everyone has said so far. when they introduce a character who says they are going to explain everything, and then they explain nothing I tend to think....maybe that's it. There is nothing there to explain. This is all nonsense.