Grimm Forum
S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 5 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-5)
+---- Thread: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity (/Thread-S5E01-The-Grimm-Identity)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - GrimmForum - 10-30-2015

Season 5 Episode 1
The Grimm Identity

[Image: t0Qx5Ojl.jpg]

Air Date: October 30, 2015

Synopsis: In the wake of his mother's beheading and Juliette's death, things have never been more chaotic for Nick (David Giuntoli). Having lost so much, Nick must dig deep and decide what type of person he wants to be, while also coming to grips with fathering a child with his once sworn enemy, Adalind (Claire Coffee). His search for the truth leads him to FBI Agent Chavez (guest star Elizabeth Rodriguez) and puts him at odds with those close to him. Russell Hornsby, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

RE: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - Lou - 10-30-2015

Holy mackerel. I don't know whether I like this show or not. So Juliette's funeral was a dream. Was she in the room? So MAYBE she is still alive. Well, Chavez is dead. so no answers from her. Meisner is working with Chavez and we know he is part of the resistance - so was Chavez a part of the resistance. And where is Trubel. Last season there were hints or clues that she might have been working or at least cooperating with Chavez.
Will Juliette be coming back. Can she be cured and the whole show re-set. Not sure I still want that.
And this whole thing with Nick and Adalind being parents. Could create some kind of romantic tension but I don't think I could buy into it.
Rosalie, who could always be counted on clear thinking seems to be steering nick towards Adlalind. Not sure I like that either.
Oh, And Diana. where is she. You would think Meisner would bring her back to Adalind.
And you know what? I'm still not convinced that the kid is Nicks. I don't see any reason why it can't be Renard's
Meisner had some moments with Adalind back in the cabin in the forest. And I think Diana likes him. Maybe He can marry Adalind and help bring up the kids.

Anyway, the show writers have succeeded in one area. I WILL be tuning in next week to see if I can get some stuff figured out.

RE: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - Lin S. - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 08:47 PM)Lou Wrote: Holy mackerel. I don't know whether I like this show or not. So Juliette's funeral was a dream. Was she in the room? So MAYBE she is still alive. Well, Chavez is dead. so no answers from her. Meisner is working with Chavez and we know he is part of the resistance - so was Chavez a part of the resistance. And where is Trubel. Last season there were hints or clues that she might have been working or at least cooperating with Chavez.
Will Juliette be coming back. Can she be cured and the whole show re-set. Not sure I still want that.
And this whole thing with Nick and Adalind being parents. Could create some kind of romantic tension but I don't think I could buy into it.
Rosalie, who could always be counted on clear thinking seems to be steering nick towards Adlalind. Not sure I like that either.
Oh, And Diana. where is she. You would think Meisner would bring her back to Adalind.
And you know what? I'm still not convinced that the kid is Nicks. I don't see any reason why it can't be Renard's
Meisner had some moments with Adalind back in the cabin in the forest. And I think Diana likes him. Maybe He can marry Adalind and help bring up the kids.

Anyway, the show writers have succeeded in one area. I WILL be tuning in next week to see if I can get some stuff figured out.

I will be tuning in next week also. But like you I'm not sure I like this episode or not. Nothing is settled, except a baby was born and named Kelly.

Nick was all crazy over finding Chavez and he wouldn't be swayed from that path by any of the men, Renard,Hank, Monroe. But Rosalee told him you have to be there for the baby's birth and suddenly he leaves Chavez and quietly follows Rosalee. They solve nothing at the hospital, but leave when Hank/Chavez calls again. He's like a ping pong ball going back and forth between Chavez and Adalind, between hysteria and really quiet. Not calm just stunned.

With his mother and Juliette gone, is Rosalee going to be the mother-thing person that Nick completely trusts? He seems to need to have a woman tell him what to do.

RE: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - Livia - 10-30-2015

I was disappointed to see Chavez die so early in the season. She was a great actor and character, and I loved her voice. I guess her job at Orange is the New Black keeps her from taking on other projects long-term. :-(

Telling Nick to keep the cellphone was a nice touch. I want to see Nick getting involved with more characters. Grimm has a lot of side stories that need to converge already.

Was Diana in one of the cages? When Chavez opened up the eyeslot on that heavy door and something came running at the door, was that Diana that was inside? It sounded female, but not a child, so I'm not sure. Is that some sort of Wesen jail? I didn't get why Chavez was looking into the cell. It seemed like it was just to show the facilities to the viewer, but not something that had a real goal in their reality.

Nah. It can't be Diana anyway. Meisner and Diana get along too well for Diana to be angry and in a cage.

RE: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - eric - 10-31-2015

Geez Louise guys, how much can be done in 45 minutes(that's how long the show actually is, minus commercials)? Dream sequence--I like Grimm dreams, kind of like mine, funeral in spoilers not real, Nick convinces Hank, Wu, Monroe, Rosalee that he is not crazy, Rosealee's speech about everyone taking responsibility for their part in the mess, Chavez killed off, the neat phone-do they have phones with fingerprint ID?, the regular police starting to investigate the mass killings, Sean trying to get Nick to take time off and starting to explain Kenneth's death, Meisner is back, something is being kept in a cell block--lots of cells there, could be Juliette, Diana, new evil dudes--the claw marks on the walls and at the end of the show, little Kelly born with complications and bonding scene. I loved the show, actually thought they covered too much too fast. To settle all our pres-season postings would take some guy/gal reading a memo for the entire show that would have been boring as hell. I have always liked how the writers ended each season with a cliffhanger and took a few shows to resolve all the issues. Just me.CoolBig GrinCool

RE: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - Hexenadler - 10-31-2015

(10-30-2015, 08:47 PM)Lou Wrote: Will Juliette be coming back. Can she be cured and the whole show re-set. Not sure I still want that.

I don't want her cured, but I definitely want her back. I'd love to see Juliette come to terms with everything she's done - not only with her permanent status as a Hexenbiest, but for all the pain she wrongfully inflicted on her friends, especially Nick.

Besides, seeing Nick and Juliette team up against whatever massive threat is looming on the horizon would make me forgive all the depressing crap the writers put us through in the last episodes of season four. Tongue

RE: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - speakeasy - 10-31-2015

I liked the season opener, didn't love it, tho'. Nick was so much more civilized than I was expecting, considering the shock to his psyche that having Juliette die in his arms, his mom's being beheaded, and the violent abduction of Trubel would produce. Probably a good thing - perhaps his need to revenge so many losses kept him on a path. Of course, his head must still be reeling with trying to process these awful events, and the writers did a good job of showing him get more and more tightly wound, which will most likely lead to a spring-loaded explosion of violence in near episodes.

Well, it appears that war's a-coming in the form of a vicious wesen hoard if those scary scratch marks on the wall are any indication. I realize that this season will see less of the Royal families' involvement, but I still think they may be turn out to be backing this wesen uprising in Portland. Thinking Chavez was one of the good guys, but wondering of what use will her cell phone be if Nick can't produce her thumbprint. Maybe it has a clue in it, or a tracking device. Chavez may have been looking in on Trubel in that holding cell because maybe she is being kept prisoner temporarily to prevent her from leaving. She and Chavez seemed to be in phone contact at the end of last season, so they were working together somehow.

Boy, that Meisner sure gets around. And since he and Renard are associates in the Resistance, I'm assuming the Captain knows all about Chavez's connection with the secret government group within the FBI.

I need to watch this episode again (in fact, I need to rewatch Season 4 to refresh my memory). There was so much happening. If the baby takes on Nick's surname, we'll have a Kelly Burkhardt back in the lineup. Hope he grows up to love his sister.

I will miss having pretty Juliette (Bitsie) in the cast, it won't be the same without her. Hope I haven't restated too many things that have already been discussed on the forum because I've had a busy summer and fall and haven't been able to keep up with the postings - but what I've seen have been so insightful and fun to read.

RE: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - Hexenadler - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 08:41 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I will miss having pretty Juliette (Bitsie) in the cast, it won't be the same without her.

I have a sneaking suspicion she won't be gone for long. It's kind of odd her name appeared in the opening credits of the episode, don't you think? Dodgy

(BTW...good to have you back, SE.)

RE: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - wfmyers1207 - 10-31-2015

Well my, wasn't that interesting Grimmsters! Big Grin

Unlike some of you who have posted so far, I really liked the episode. There were more questions raised though.

Nick didn't really go off the deep end like the teasers and promos lead us to believe. At least, not yet!Dodgy

Just where the hell is Truble?! When Chavez went down into the dungeon/asylum there was more than one person there. Truble may have been in that cell Chavez looked into, but who the heck were the other people there? A possibility occurred to me that they might be other Grimms who, unlike Nick and Truble, never knew someone who could explain the situation to them. So, they went off the edge into insanity.

But Chavez's bosses may still have use for them. Like vicious attack dogs, they will be used when needed?!Dodgy

Meisner was working with Chavez! That one caught me off guard. Although I seem to remember some members of the Forum discussing the possibility.
But that still raises questions. Why wouldn't Chavez have known about Nick from the beginning? Meisner was at the big meeting back in S3 with Renard. He knew about "Renard's Grimm" so why wouldn't he have told her? This leads me to believe, as I have before, that Meisner is basically a merc. He hates the Royals and will happily join in on anything that causes them misery, but will hire out to anyone. And he has his own agenda!

If Meisner was working with Chavez and her bosses then where the hell is LBB? See, to me this goes back to the whole "merc" thing about Meisner.

I also noticed that no imaginary parents of Juliette showed up.

RE: S5E01 - The Grimm Identity - jsgrimm45 - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 10:12 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Well my, wasn't that interesting Grimmsters! Big Grin

Unlike some of you who have posted so far, I really liked the episode. There were more questions raised though.

Nick didn't really go off the deep end like the teasers and promos lead us to believe. At least, not yet!Dodgy

Just where the hell is Truble?! When Chavez went down into the dungeon/asylum there was more than one person there. Truble may have been in that cell Chavez looked into, but who the heck were the other people there? A possibility occurred to me that they might be other Grimms who, unlike Nick and Truble, never knew someone who could explain the situation to them. So, they went off the edge into insanity.

But Chavez's bosses may still have use for them. Like vicious attack dogs, they will be used when needed?!Dodgy

Meisner was working with Chavez! That one caught me off guard. Although I seem to remember some members of the Forum discussing the possibility.
But that still raises questions. Why wouldn't Chavez have known about Nick from the beginning? Meisner was at the big meeting back in S3 with Renard. He knew about "Renard's Grimm" so why wouldn't he have told her? This leads me to believe, as I have before, that Meisner is basically a merc. He hates the Royals and will happily join in on anything that causes them misery, but will hire out to anyone. And he has his own agenda!

If Meisner was working with Chavez and her bosses then where the hell is LBB? See, to me this goes back to the whole "merc" thing about Meisner.

I also noticed that no imaginary parents of Juliette showed up.
I agree on the "merc" thing with Meisner. I don't think the resistance knows any of this.

For a time I thought LBB maybe in the cell with what Meisner said but now I think not. I figure some will think Juliette but again I think not. So now I come to the new women can't think of her name could she be in the cell?

The new group looked like Gelumcaedus so maybe it one of there leaders in the cell. Just too many maybes.

I agree I also liked the quick takeoff of season 5 with a whole set of questions for us to debate.

Do you think after Renard said he had a Grimm then they find Trubel they think that was the one he was taking about?

I was also taken off guard by Chavez early exit leave us to wonder who will take over? Or could be be the new woman role?