Grimm Forum
What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? (/Thread-What-TV-shows-are-on-your-watch-list-this-fall)

Pages: 1 2

RE: What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? - Lin S. - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 04:39 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: [quote='Lin S.' pid='17380' dateline='1444687693']As a matter of fact "I" cannot imagine that. You know why? Because I have never seen the Evil Dead. It's a complete blank to me.

Now you might say oh well you should watch it then. If you like Grimm you will like the Evil Dead.

But you might want to avoid the first film, as it's especially violent and gory. (It also has a very nasty scene where a woman is raped by possessed tree branches. I'm not kidding.)

Now this is what I find odd. I see the atmospheric similiarities to Grimm. But when I watched the tree branches I did not get the impression of rape. The branches held her down but that was all I saw. Now does it mean that every act of confining someone must lead to sexual behavior? I don't know maybe the trees are raping her and I am just to innocent to recognize it for what it really is. No two people see the world the same way.

RE: What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? - Hexenadler - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 05:28 PM)Lin S. Wrote: Now this is what I find odd. I see the atmospheric similiarities to Grimm. But when I watched the tree branches I did not get the impression of rape. The branches held her down but that was all I saw. Now does it mean that every act of confining someone must lead to sexual behavior? I don't know maybe the trees are raping her and I am just to innocent to recognize it for what it really is. No two people see the world the same way.

You've watched the first movie already? That was quick. Cool

When I saw "Evil Dead" for the first time, I thought the scene was extremely sexual, and that's exactly what made it twice as disturbing for me. The film depicts just about every kind of bodily harm that can be inflicted on people, but the element of rape (even in a fantastical "horror" context) pushes it into much, much darker territory than normal for a horror film. Fortunately, the sequels get more comedic in tone as they go along.

Maybe it's a good thing you didn't pick up on any rape vibe during that sequence. It could indicate you're a just a well-adjusted human being.

RE: What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? - Lin S. - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 06:04 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 05:28 PM)Lin S. Wrote: Now this is what I find odd. I see the atmospheric similiarities to Grimm. But when I watched the tree branches I did not get the impression of rape. The branches held her down but that was all I saw. Now does it mean that every act of confining someone must lead to sexual behavior? I don't know maybe the trees are raping her and I am just to innocent to recognize it for what it really is. No two people see the world the same way.

You've watched the first movie already? That was quick. Cool

When I saw "Evil Dead" for the first time, I thought the scene was extremely sexual, and that's exactly what made it twice as disturbing for me. The film depicts just about every kind of bodily harm that can be inflicted on people, but the element of rape (even in a fantastical "horror" context) pushes it into much, much darker territory than normal for a horror film. Fortunately, the sequels get more comedic in tone as they go along.

Maybe it's a good thing you didn't pick up on any rape vibe during that sequence. It could indicate you're a just a well-adjusted human being.

Wait. I saw the trailer. Ok now I'll have to get the movie.

RE: What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? - Hexenadler - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 06:25 PM)Lin S. Wrote: Wait. I saw the trailer. Ok now I'll have to get the movie.

As you wish, but don't say I didn't warn you. Confused

RE: What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? - wfmyers1207 - 10-13-2015

Not that anyone cares but I've become a fan of iZombie. I think the whole zombie genre has been done to death (ha, ha) but the comedic aspects of this show make it fun. Smile

RE: What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? - Lou - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 10:44 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Not that anyone cares but I've become a fan of iZombie. I think the whole zombie genre has been done to death (ha, ha) but the comedic aspects of this show make it fun. Smile

I think everyone knows that I'm an iZombie fan. It's now my favorite show. Lost interest in The Walking Dead S2E1. And I don't like scary movies (Grimm is about as scary as I go) so I hardly ever watched Zombie movies. Sean of the Dead was terific but it was basically a zombie parody. But iZombie hits all my buttons. Plus Veronica Mars is one of my all time favorite shows and this show has a lot of similarities.

RE: What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? - busyizzy - 10-13-2015

Hi Lou!

The Good Wife
Arrow
Grimm

I'm sad about last season's direction for both Grimm and The Good Wife, but I'm gonna hang in there as I think Grimm is going to be over this next season anyway.

How are you?! Smile
Izzy

RE: What TV shows are on your watch list this fall? - Lou - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 07:22 PM)busyizzy Wrote: Hi Lou!

The Good Wife
Arrow
Grimm

I'm sad about last season's direction for both Grimm and The Good Wife, but I'm gonna hang in there as I think Grimm is going to be over this next season anyway.

How are you?! Smile
Izzy

Just judging by the last two episodes it looks like the Good Wife is going to be good. I didn't like the direction it went last year with her running for DA.

And tonight's episode of Arrow was pretty good. Looks like they have a good new direction to go too. 52 breaches. that should be about 2 season's worth.