Grimm Forum
How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? (/Thread-How-many-Royals-can-Nick-kill-and-not-be-killed)

Pages: 1 2

How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? - eric - 09-30-2015

I and others have talked about Nick taking revenge on the royal families. Could he really? Unless he has a LOT of help, would that really be possible without him being killed? The royal families are probably just that--families. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. brothers, sisters, children. Probably very extended families, with everyone hoping to rise to the top and becoming King(or Queen). If Nick started killing them one at a time, all 7 royal families might see him as a common annoyance to be dealt with. They could pool resources to rid themselves of this threat. Nick has to succeed every time, they would only have to succeed once. Poof, no more Nick. After Eric's death there was "turmoil", not the end of the family. I know Diana could do it, but she probably won't be available for years. Thoughts?

RE: How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? - Lin S. - 09-30-2015

Have we figured out why we want to kill any royals in the first place?
1) to save Diana
Well Meisner has Diana so she's safe for now
2) to avenge Kelly's death
Kenneth and king Frederick have already paid for that
3) to get the keys?
we don't know who has them and besides Nick has 2 already. If his goal is just to keep this "great power" out of the hands of the royals, he's succeeding by just keeping hidden the two keys he has
4) to avenge Juliette's death?
How are the royals responsible for that?

No, the only person I see who has harmed Nick and is still standing, is Elizabeth Lascellmas and perhaps her son Sean.

As for the 7 royal families getting together I'm not sure they trust each other. Mia Gaudot didn't want to tell Sean her family business, why she was in Japan. I think the families are economic rivals if nothing else. Sean threatened to kill Mia. How does the Gaudot royal family feel about a Renard threatening one of their own?

How many can Nick kill off? Well if they line up one by one all of them.

RE: How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? - izzy - 09-30-2015

(09-30-2015, 08:04 PM)Lin S. Wrote: Have we figured out why we want to kill any royals in the first place? ...

....2) to avenge Kelly's death
Kenneth and king Frederick have already paid for that

Really? Some people will hunt the folks associated with the death of a relative until their own demise. One of my relative from the 1700s kept killing Indians for over 50 years because they slaughtered his son. The only association those Indians had after the first group he hunted down was tribal. My point, Nick may be one of those guys.

And what is he downside? Nick already has no problem with killing. Now it is personal. Once you cross that line and don;t see folks as humans, well it becomes easier until you evolve. That is why in the past, we created dehumanizing artwork and came up with creative names for out enemies in times of war. It was easier to kill a a gook, a monkey, a nip, a kraut etc than to kill a person of Japanese Heritage, a Vietnamese national. A person of Chinese decent, a person of German heritage,it was much easier to train the young to kill a dehumanizing cartoon of a human being than the actual human being. The are already Royals, a class or group, not individuals. It makes the killing just that much easier.

Ah well now you are talking about blood feuds. And that's what the whole show of Grimm seems to be about. Nick said he wanted to be a new kind of Grimm. One that doesn't go after every Wesen like his ancestors did. But look what he has become. He was avenging his parent's death. Now his mother has died a second time. Will he still be on the vengence path?

Shakespeare makes the point several times, specifically in the plays Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet that blood feuds end up hurting everyone. Hamlet wipes out his entire family seeking revenge. The Capulets and Montagues lose several children including Romeo and Juliet because they keep evening the score.

It does make for good television though. But very bad social order.

RE: How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? - izzy - 09-30-2015

(09-30-2015, 08:59 PM)Lin S. Wrote: Ah well now you are talking about blood feuds. And that's what the whole show of Grimm seems to be about. Nick said he wanted to be a new kind of Grimm. One that doesn't go after every Wesen like his ancestors did. But look what he has become. He was avenging his parent's death. Now his mother has died a second time. Will he still be on the vengence path?

Shakespeare makes the point several times, specifically in the plays Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet that blood feuds end up hurting everyone. Hamlet wipes out his entire family seeking revenge. The Capulets and Montagues lose several children including Romeo and Juliet because they keep evening the score.

It does make for good television though. But very bad social order.

I like your posts. I have a large pile of books that I intend to read at retirement. Shakespeare's plays are among them. Sadly I am ignorant in many areas, Shakespeare among them.

A a few years back when snowed in at PHL I shared a hotel room with a fellow stranded traveler who tried to convince me that Shakespeare works were not written by him but rather a dissident benefactor. That prompted me to add Shakespeare to my pile of works to read in retirement. I hope this forum is still around when I get to them. Then maybe I will see what you do; sadly it is wasted on me to a great extent.

I think Grimm will be in reruns for a long time. You have something to look forward to after you retire.

RE: How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 10-01-2015

(09-30-2015, 08:59 PM)Lin S. Wrote: Nick said he wanted to be a new kind of Grimm. One that doesn't go after every Wesen like his ancestors did. But look what he has become. He was avenging his parent's death. Now his mother has died a second time. Will he still be on the vengence path?

I have a question: why did old grimms act like old grimms? I mean: why did the old grimms act just as wesen killers and nothing more? When Nick says he wants to be different, he is in a certain way disapproving the way those grimms acted in the past, but Nick never really tried to understand what being a grimm really means. If Nick had really studied how to be a grimm, maybe he would have understood many things and maybe Juliette’s fate, for example, was different.

Considering everything that happened to Nick and, as you have wrote, what he is becoming… Maybe the old grimms just followed the same path Nick is following now: the suffering made them became just a wesen killer.
Is that the destiny of almost all grimms?

Important: This is not an opinion. It is same ideas and questions to think about. Are the writers writing the story in a way that grimms are doomed to be just a wesen killer?

RE: How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? - Hexenadler - 10-01-2015

I think the show has already made it quite clear that just about every one of the Royals is an aristocratic scumbag, so I seriously doubt a lot of fans will recoil in horror if/when Nick opens the seven gates of Hell on their butts.

Besides, the Royals might not have been responsible for Juliette's transformation, but Kenneth did facilitate Juliette's downfall into evil. That alone would be enough for Nick to seek vengeance on every last one of his relatives.

RE: How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? - jsgrimm45 - 10-01-2015

Some one will have to show me where Nick says he wants to be a new type of Grimm, we have said it on the forum, but can't think of anytime Nick has said that. Most wesen say he is not what they expected.

As to killing all the royal I don't see that as possible and he didn't kill the King. Merisner did but the two of them with their action have put that family into major in fighting. By accident not planning. So now all 7 families will also be in fighting for the power That is all you need to do keep them in fighting and let them do the damage to each other.

RE: How many Royals can Nick kill and not be killed? - TieDyeJackson - 10-01-2015

I think the Royals know of his skill and his reputation. Nick is buddy buddy with the Resistance and has an understanding with the council. He has dispatched countless Verrat and put down Reapers with relative ease.

They aren't going to go full out because they know if they do and even succeed in Killing Nick that could be the galvanizing moment that may turn the tide against them or could even reveal Wessen existence to the real world.