Grimm Forum
What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest (/Thread-What-changed-Juliette-into-a-Hexenbiest)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - jsgrimm45 - 09-02-2015

(09-01-2015, 10:03 PM)Karai9 Wrote: Hello again very interesting subject

Here's my take on hexenbiest in general and then onward to how I think Juliet became one.

One, we no that witches in Grimm are hexenbiest this appears to mean a person with a essentially evil spirit coexisting inside of them.

Evidence: When Nick took Adalind's powers, what looked like the ghost of a hag left her and then dissipated. When Rosalee told him he had to kill the hexenbiest who had cast the spell he thought she meant Adalind but she said the hexenbiest spirit. Hank was revived so I'm pretty sure the spirit died.
Also Adalind said when her mother was going through a hard time she considered suppressing the biest, which is what would have fixed Juliet. I think having the hexenbiest is like a split personality which can overwhelm you depending on who's stronger. Based on the ritual to become one it appears that through a series of cruel acts you prove that you are worthy to house and contend with such a foul spirit. Gathering the dead poppies is probably required as a further unsavory act; desecrating something that was once used to show kindness.

I believe Diana's rare almost pure blood heritage as a hexenbiest allowed her to not only inherit her parents powers but also take part in the ritual as well so she gained a hexenbiest as well. I believe Diana does not require a woge which is the visage of the actual biest because she is in pure form. That's what makes her so powerful.

Now I think in terms of the history Grimms and hexenbiest are poisonous to one another. For a low level hexenbiest Grimm blood can obliterate it. And sex with a hexenbiest can suppress a Grimms abilities including everything that makes them more than human. This however according to Elizabeth is very rare requiring multiple rare scenarios to have taken place. I do believe that a Grimm cannot carelessly sleep with a hexenbiest though.

I think that the spell to take Nick's powers turned Adalind into a three fold entity; Adalind, her biest and Juliet. Her already having Nick blood in her made her new biest impervious to his blood and him vulnerable to her. There was also certain kinky energy to the fake Juliet that Nick experienced when he was tricked (the actor mentioned this in an interview) and I think that was important because it signified that the biest was present as when he slept with Juliet as Adalind.

When Elizabeth was working on the potion and changed into Adalind she told Rosalee that it had to specifically be Juliet who was transformed into Adalind to fix Nick. I think the same trio had to perform the act but in reverse. Juliet, her biest and Adalind. Again the witchy energy was present because a biest was.

I think the reverse engineering of Adalind's potion especially using the ancient hat forced a new hexenbiest into being or awoke a very old one, taking residence in an unprepared, unworthy host. Juliet was in no way strong enough or evil enough to coexist with such a biest.
Besides Elizabeth commented on the power in the cloth of the classic wishes hat when talking to Sean even speculating that it was an original from the maleus maleficarum.

From there the hexenbiest rapidly took over finding plenty of anger for fuel until Juliet essentially crash and burned. The hexenbiest is probably gone back to sleep until a worthy host calls it up again with a spell or ritual.

Phew, that was ridiculously long. Feel free to break it down to digest it all. Eager to know how that works with your theories. Big Grin
The idea that this was a very old hexen adds a lot to the thread line. We know from Sean and Jack that this is possible so a old hexen spirit looking for a host works very well. The hat may be the biggest clue overlooked by myself. I'll get back to you post after I think about the hat. Thanks for the new idea.

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 09-02-2015

Here's my take on hexenbiest in general and then onward to how I think Juliet became one.

One, we no that witches in Grimm are hexenbiest this appears to mean a person with a essentially evil spirit coexisting inside of them.

Evidence: When Nick took Adalind's powers, what looked like the ghost of a hag left her and then dissipated. When Rosalee told him he had to kill the hexenbiest who had cast the spell he thought she meant Adalind but she said the hexenbiest spirit. Hank was revived so I'm pretty sure the spirit died.
Also Adalind said when her mother was going through a hard time she considered suppressing the biest, which is what would have fixed Juliet. I think having the hexenbiest is like a split personality which can overwhelm you depending on who's stronger. Based on the ritual to become one it appears that through a series of cruel acts you prove that you are worthy to house and contend with such a foul spirit. Gathering the dead poppies is probably required as a further unsavory act; desecrating something that was once used to show kindness.

I believe Diana's rare almost pure blood heritage as a hexenbiest allowed her to not only inherit her parents powers but also take part in the ritual as well so she gained a hexenbiest as well. I believe Diana does not require a woge which is the visage of the actual biest because she is in pure form. That's what makes her so powerful.

Now I think in terms of the history Grimms and hexenbiest are poisonous to one another. For a low level hexenbiest Grimm blood can obliterate it. And sex with a hexenbiest can suppress a Grimms abilities including everything that makes them more than human. This however according to Elizabeth is very rare requiring multiple rare scenarios to have taken place. I do believe that a Grimm cannot carelessly sleep with a hexenbiest though.

I think that the spell to take Nick's powers turned Adalind into a three fold entity; Adalind, her biest and Juliet. Her already having Nick blood in her made her new biest impervious to his blood and him vulnerable to her. There was also certain kinky energy to the fake Juliet that Nick experienced when he was tricked (the actor mentioned this in an interview) and I think that was important because it signified that the biest was present as when he slept with Juliet as Adalind.

When Elizabeth was working on the potion and changed into Adalind she told Rosalee that it had to specifically be Juliet who was transformed into Adalind to fix Nick. I think the same trio had to perform the act but in reverse. Juliet, her biest and Adalind. Again the witchy energy was present because a biest was.

I think the reverse engineering of Adalind's potion especially using the ancient hat forced a new hexenbiest into being or awoke a very old one, taking residence in an unprepared, unworthy host. Juliet was in no way strong enough or evil enough to coexist with such a biest.
Besides Elizabeth commented on the power in the cloth of the classic wishes hat when talking to Sean even speculating that it was an original from the maleus maleficarum.

From there the hexenbiest rapidly took over finding plenty of anger for fuel until Juliet essentially crash and burned. The hexenbiest is probably gone back to sleep until a worthy host calls it up again with a spell or ritual.

Phew, that was ridiculously long. Feel free to break it down to digest it all. Eager to know how that works with your theories. Big Grin

Great theory. I liked that. I haven't think about the hat but it really must have a special hole in this plot.

If I understood correctly you also think Juliette transformation was not just a side effect. Am I right?
The hexanbiest spirit had to be with Nick and Juliette so Nick could take his powers back.

Anyway I think you may be right: the hat is the key for Juliette transformation.

(09-02-2015, 07:10 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:

Great theory. I liked that. I haven't think about the hat but it really must have a special hole in this plot.

If I understood correctly you also think Juliette transformation was not just a side effect. Am I right?
The hexanbiest spirit had to be with Nick and Juliette so Nick could take his powers back.

Anyway I think you may be right: the hat is the key for Juliette transformation.
The hat if it is from the (which is likely) maleus maleficarum than the hat is the key. I totally overlooked the hat as having any meaning. The clue was looking us right in the face @karai9 as far as I've seen posted you were the only one to note the hat as the cause.Dodgy

Elizabeth talked of this power can't remember how many hats there were could we go to this all those hat carry the hexen who own them? Elizabeth was unfazed because she was a hexen we could go to the hats can only effect a non hexen, because they wouldn't have the hexen spirit. The hat is also why Henrietta couldn't help she may not have known about the hat or the power of the hat.

Would anyone think now that Juliette is dead the hexen returned to the hat. Which could be good for Adalind as the hexen spirit was not in the hat when she used it. Dodgy

I really like the new line in the thread. Thanks to Karai9 and Adriano for these ideas and thoughts. Big Grin

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - wfmyers1207 - 09-02-2015

@ jsgrimm, adriano and karai. You know, I never really thought about the d#$*ed hat! But, that actually makes some sense. Elizabeth spoke about how much power it must have had, dating back to the day and being used by the evil old batches from Hell, etc.

So, perhaps the hat was possessed by some wicked old hags spirit. When it found an 'empty vessel' (Juliette) it possessed her! Cool!Smile

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 09-02-2015

Does anyone know or remember what happened to the hat? Do you think will it return in next season for some dark Adelaind spell?

(09-02-2015, 02:06 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Does anyone know or remember what happened to the hat? Do you think will it return in next season for some dark Adelaind spell?
Adalind used the hat to make the suppression potion so she must still have it, but she had to get it from Renard as his mother left it with him.

(09-02-2015, 02:21 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 02:06 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Does anyone know or remember what happened to the hat? Do you think will it return in next season for some dark Adelaind spell?
Adalind used the hat to make the suppression potion so she must still have it, but she had to get it from Renard as his mother left it with him.

Very important this hat. Big Grin

If this was used to the suppression potion, it must be used to the “reactivation” potion too. I am seeing a standard here: the hat is always used about powers:
1- Take grimm powers
2- Give grimm powers back
3- Suppression potion
4- “reactivation” potion (probably)

It may be nothing. It may be something. This may be the answer for Juliette transformation.

Another point is that only hexanbiests used the hat. Rosalee helped in two potions, but there was a hexanbiest in each potion created with the hat. Can this be a clue to something?

I was thinking about the hat. It must have being used in many potions and spells by different hexanbiest over the years.

Each spell and each hexanbiest must have left a little drop of its magic in it. Now imagine this being added through many years how much power did the hat accumulate?

If we consider hexanbiest as a magical powers in place of a spirit. Part of the past accumulated magic in the hat could have being transfered to Juliette.

Maybe this is the reason why only hexanbiest deal with the hat: because they can avoid absorve the hats magic.

Is it a stupid theory?

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - Karai9 - 09-02-2015

Correct. In fact after Juliet beat the S hit out of Adalind, she deduced that Nick must have his powers back because the two apparently go hand in hand. Juliet being a hexenbiest meant Nick is regrimmed. This actually leads me to believe that the hat specifically can suppress and reinstate the Grimm and hexenbiest conditions. If Adalind ever gets her powers back I think it will involve the hat again as Adriano pointed out.

I think it's interesting to note that the potion always passes through the hat as a part of the process. Big Grin

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - jsgrimm45 - 09-03-2015

(09-02-2015, 04:35 PM)Karai9 Wrote:

Correct. In fact after Juliet beat the S hit out of Adalind, she deduced that Nick must have his powers back because the two apparently go hand in hand. Juliet being a hexenbiest meant Nick is regrimmed. This actually leads me to believe that the hat specifically can suppress and reinstate the Grimm and hexenbiest conditions. If Adalind ever gets her powers back I think it will involve the hat again as Adriano pointed out.

I think it's interesting to note that the potion always passes through the hat as a part of the process. Big Grin
The hat as Adriano points out has the power to take a potion and increase if effect change a Grimm back and forth and likely change a non hexen into hexen. @karai9 putting the hat in to the debate connects all the major events to the one common point.

Question was the hexen spirit in the hat or did the hat call up a hexen spirit? Sean death let Jack in so we have a story line for this effect. I lean toward the spirit being in the hat, the hexen place her hexen spirit with a spell or potion into the hat. Waiting for the time of rebirth into a non hexen.

This hat will become a key plot line again. Where else could you see it used?