Grimm Forum
What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest (/Thread-What-changed-Juliette-into-a-Hexenbiest)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - jsgrimm45 - 08-28-2015

We in other thread and posts have asked and answered what cause the change in Juliette. Maybe if should have its own Thread.

I see one of three possible ways could be a lot more I haven't thought of.

One some where in Juliette family was a hexenbiest so when she become Adalind the change was more that physical it turn on the hexen gene and started the process.

Two something in the hair they used was the potion Adalind used to get her powers back this started the same process for Juliette.

Three a hexen is a spirit with a human host. When Adalind lost her power we seen what might be call a spirit leave and die, leaving the human part alive. We seen the Gypsy Queen use a old hexen and a process that looked like Adalind took her powers. If this is the case then a hexen can be transferred from hexen to anyone worthy, but this way depends on the how of death of the other hexen and the willingness of the hexen power to take a new host. This implies some knowledge and control the hexen spirit has. Just thinking out loud here was that why Juliette was losing control to the hexen?

If I go with 3 than the hexen isn't (my opinion) a wesen but a supernatural being. As we know of no other wesen that can be separated. This would mean at birth a human and hexen are both born.

I could even see ways that all three work together or any combination there of any of them.

What other way could be the case? Thoughts idea?

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - CoffeeGirl - 08-29-2015

(08-28-2015, 12:16 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: We in other thread and posts have asked and answered what cause the change in Juliette. Maybe if should have its own Thread.

One some where in Juliette family was a hexenbiest so when she become Adalind the change was more that physical it turn on the hexen gene and started the process.

Two something in the hair they used was the potion Adalind used to get her powers back this started the same process for Juliette.

Three a hexen is a spirit with a human host. When Adalind lost her power we seen what might be call a spirit leave and die, leaving the human part alive. We seen the Gypsy Queen use a old hexen and a process that looked like Adalind took her powers. If this is the case then a hexen can be transferred from hexen to anyone worthy, but this way depends on the how of death of the other hexen and the willingness of the hexen power to take a new host. This implies some knowledge and control the hexen spirit has. Just thinking out loud here was that why Juliette was losing control to the hexen?

If I go with 3 than the hexen isn't (my opinion) a wesen but a supernatural being. As we know of no other wesen that can be separated. This would mean at birth a human and hexen are both born.

I could even see ways that all three work together or any combination there of any of them.

I think somewhere in Juliette's family was a Hexenbeist & when she became Adalind it triggered the Hexenbeist gene. It's the only reason I can think of because when you look at what Adalind had to go through with the Contaminatie ritual & how hard it was for her to regain her powers & easy for Juliette to gain hexenbeist powers. So for this reason I'm on the lines of thinking it has something to do with Juliette's bloodline, and the spell activated the Hexenbeist gene I mean think about it how did Juliette become an expert marksman yet she had never fired a gun before? or how she can use her powers with hardly any instruction? just a theory, but I could be wrong. Smile

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - jsgrimm45 - 08-29-2015

(08-29-2015, 03:01 AM)CoffeeGirl Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 12:16 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: We in other thread and posts have asked and answered what cause the change in Juliette. Maybe if should have its own Thread.

I think somewhere in Juliette's family was a Hexenbeist & when she became Adalind it triggered the Hexenbeist gene. It's the only reason I can think of because when you look at what Adalind had to go through with the Contaminatie ritual & how hard it was for her to regain her powers & easy for Juliette to gain hexenbeist powers. So for this reason I'm on the lines of thinking it has something to do with Juliette's bloodline, and the spell activated the Hexenbeist gene I mean think about it how did Juliette become an expert marksman yet she had never fired a gun before? or how she can use her powers with hardly any instruction? just a theory, but I could be wrong. Smile
Do you see any connection to the first season cat and coma?

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-29-2015

This is more a question than a theory.

Juliette had to became Adelaind and sleep with Nick so Nick could get his powers back. The question :

Was this transformation only external? How deep Juliette became Adelaind because of that spell?

I mean that maybe Juliette became Adelaind means that she became even a hexanbiest that night. For some reason, externally Juliette revert to normal, but what if internally she stayed as hexanbiest. Is this a possible explanation?

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - jsgrimm45 - 08-30-2015

(08-29-2015, 05:27 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: This is more a question than a theory.

Juliette had to became Adelaind and sleep with Nick so Nick could get his powers back. The question :

Was this transformation only external? How deep Juliette became Adelaind because of that spell?

I mean that maybe Juliette became Adelaind means that she became even a hexanbiest that night. For some reason, externally Juliette revert to normal, but what if internally she stayed as hexanbiest. Is this a possible explanation?
Let me know if I don't track this right. So you see the possible way that night Juliette became Adalind she became Adalind other than her mind, and when she change back the human Adalind was gone but the hexen Adalind was not.

Going into far left field the hexen could be both physical and spirit, still in left field the old hexen being killed to get Adalind her powers back that spirit was looking for revenge on Adalind. So she took over Juliette see a way to take control and destroy Adalind.

Is this to far into left field I kind of think so but we are dealing with fantasy so is it? If I took you theory wrong please correct the errors.

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-30-2015

As said it was just a question. Now I have a theory I will explain after.
First, about your post.

(08-30-2015, 05:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Let me know if I don't track this right. So you see the possible way that night Juliette became Adalind she became Adalind other than her mind, and when she change back the human Adalind was gone but the hexen Adalind was not.

Yes, the question was exactly about this.

(08-30-2015, 05:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Going into far left field the hexen could be both physical and spirit, still in left field the old hexen being killed to get Adalind her powers back that spirit was looking for revenge on Adalind. So she took over Juliette see a way to take control and destroy Adalind.
We don't know much about hexanbiest. We suppose this about physical and spiritual, but the show never told it to us. Besides that, made Nick didn't kill Adelaind hexanbiest spirit (since spirit, I think, can't be killed). Maybe Nick just Split them apart (the hexanbiest spirit and Adelainds body).
Going very far in left field, what if is it possible to magically create a new hexanbiest spirit? I think the process Adelaind went through to get her powers back was more about Diana then about her. Maybe, is was easier to recover the powers but the gypse queen lied to Adelaind. Isn’t it possible?

(08-30-2015, 05:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Is this to far into left field I kind of think so but we are dealing with fantasy so is it? If I took you theory wrong please correct the errors.

You were going in the right way.

Now my theory about Julietee transformation.

Adelaind had to be a hexanbiest with green blood in her and magical power to take out Nick powers. She should have sex with Nick so Nick lost his powers. Adelaind transformed herself in Juliette just to trick Nick. It had nothing to do with Nick powers. At least, I think that is the case. And if this is case, Adelaind just needed to became Juliette outside, not inside.

After that Nick had to have sex with the hexanbiest that created the potion in the first place: Adelaind, to revert the potion and Nick get his powers back. Juliette becaming Adelaind was not just to trick Nick, it was part of the potion since Adelaind was in Vienna. Juliette had to be transformed into Adelaind not only physically, but Juliette had to have magical powers so the reverse magic works. Juliette transformation had to be deeper.

We are saying since Juliette became hexanbiest that it was a side effect of the potion. Thinking about it, I am considering the option that this was the MAIN effect of the potion, the ‘desired’ effect. Juliette had to be an hexanbiest so Nick got his powers back. Maybe no one new it. I mean, maybe there are many potions out there that hexanbiest knows the effects, but not all the effects.

Maybe the effect of the potion was Juliette became a hexan because she would need this power for the rest of the effects, Juliette became Adelaind (since Adelaind was the one who took Nick’s power). After all, Juliette became herself…. But now she is a hexan.

Does it work for you? Am I going toooooooooo Big Grin left field?

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - jsgrimm45 - 08-31-2015

(08-30-2015, 06:11 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: As said it was just a question. Now I have a theory I will explain after.
First, about your post.

(08-30-2015, 05:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Let me know if I don't track this right. So you see the possible way that night Juliette became Adalind she became Adalind other than her mind, and when she change back the human Adalind was gone but the hexen Adalind was not.

Yes, the question was exactly about this.

(08-30-2015, 05:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Going into far left field the hexen could be both physical and spirit, still in left field the old hexen being killed to get Adalind her powers back that spirit was looking for revenge on Adalind. So she took over Juliette see a way to take control and destroy Adalind.
We don't know much about hexanbiest. We suppose this about physical and spiritual, but the show never told it to us. Besides that, made Nick didn't kill Adelaind hexanbiest spirit (since spirit, I think, can't be killed). Maybe Nick just Split them apart (the hexanbiest spirit and Adelainds body).
Going very far in left field, what if is it possible to magically create a new hexanbiest spirit? I think the process Adelaind went through to get her powers back was more about Diana then about her. Maybe, is was easier to recover the powers but the gypse queen lied to Adelaind. Isn’t it possible?

(08-30-2015, 05:31 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Is this to far into left field I kind of think so but we are dealing with fantasy so is it? If I took you theory wrong please correct the errors.

You were going in the right way.

Now my theory about Julietee transformation.

Adelaind had to be a hexanbiest with green blood in her and magical power to take out Nick powers. She should have sex with Nick so Nick lost his powers. Adelaind transformed herself in Juliette just to trick Nick. It had nothing to do with Nick powers. At least, I think that is the case. And if this is case, Adelaind just needed to became Juliette outside, not inside.

After that Nick had to have sex with the hexanbiest that created the potion in the first place: Adelaind, to revert the potion and Nick get his powers back. Juliette becaming Adelaind was not just to trick Nick, it was part of the potion since Adelaind was in Vienna. Juliette had to be transformed into Adelaind not only physically, but Juliette had to have magical powers so the reverse magic works. Juliette transformation had to be deeper.

We are saying since Juliette became hexanbiest that it was a side effect of the potion. Thinking about it, I am considering the option that this was the MAIN effect of the potion, the ‘desired’ effect. Juliette had to be an hexanbiest so Nick got his powers back. Maybe no one new it. I mean, maybe there are many potions out there that hexanbiest knows the effects, but not all the effects.

Maybe the effect of the potion was Juliette became a hexan because she would need this power for the rest of the effects, Juliette became Adelaind (since Adelaind was the one who took Nick’s power). After all, Juliette became herself…. But now she is a hexan.

Does it work for you? Am I going toooooooooo Big Grin left field?
Again see if I'm track this correct. Adalind didn't need to have sex with Nick to infected him but she know Nick would never let her close enough to do it so she changed to Juliette. I can see that. Dodgy

Elizabeth make the cure but didn't know that the cure required a hexen spirit but it did so Juliette also took on a hexen spirit as part of the change. When she change back the physical change changed but the spirit was now in Juliette. Because Elizabeth was a hexen she wouldn't feel this part of the change. Good point. Elizabeth did say add one drop less that last time likely thinking the would reduce the chance of this happening. Dodgy

This is in left field but I we said a fantasy so this all could work.

Did I track this correct?

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 07:34 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Again see if I'm track this correct. Adalind didn't need to have sex with Nick to infected him but she know Nick would never let her close enough to do it so she changed to Juliette. I can see that. Dodgy

Elizabeth make the cure but didn't know that the cure required a hexen spirit but it did so Juliette also took on a hexen spirit as part of the change. When she change back the physical change changed but the spirit was now in Juliette. Because Elizabeth was a hexen she wouldn't feel this part of the change. Good point. Elizabeth did say add one drop less that last time likely thinking the would reduce the chance of this happening. Dodgy

Yes you got it right. I remember Elizabeth saying they had to recreate Adelaind steps to revert the spell. One of the steps is Adelaind being a hexanbiest.

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - jsgrimm45 - 09-01-2015

(08-31-2015, 07:44 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 07:34 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Again see if I'm track this correct. Adalind didn't need to have sex with Nick to infected him but she know Nick would never let her close enough to do it so she changed to Juliette. I can see that. Dodgy

Yes you got it right. I remember Elizabeth saying they had to recreate Adelaind steps to revert the spell. One of the steps is Adelaind being a hexanbiest.
Some of this could come back the Gypsy Queen she did know a lot about hexen's, but have more questions than answers.

Like the question did she know the LBB would be what ever she is, did she at least think this could happen? If we say yes was this a plan to get more out of Viktor or the King. Was the King involved at all? Was Juliette an unexpected by product of this? Was this why she changed? If the King was involved did he know it would take a Diana to control what is hidden? Did they want Diana for that reason with Juliette power could she have also used it? Was Juliette the King's plan B? Henrietta when she did that blood test said she never seen anything like it and she should know.

After all the Queen wouldn't know that it would lead to Juliette. So I think we can say no to the Queen having anything to do with that.

(Just an FYI. The field with the flowers was a poppy you have to be my age to know this but before Veterans Day and this dropped out of use the VFW and American Legion would sell paper poppy's for what was call at the time Armistice Day. Kind of a collection for the Vet's of WWI and the Korean War wounded. This was the later 40's and early 50"s.)

I wondered at the time if we should take something from the field of poppy's.

As I said you question goes many places or idea's.

RE: What changed Juliette into a Hexenbiest - Karai9 - 09-01-2015

Hello again very interesting subject

Here's my take on hexenbiest in general and then onward to how I think Juliet became one.

One, we no that witches in Grimm are hexenbiest this appears to mean a person with a essentially evil spirit coexisting inside of them.

Evidence: When Nick took Adalind's powers, what looked like the ghost of a hag left her and then dissipated. When Rosalee told him he had to kill the hexenbiest who had cast the spell he thought she meant Adalind but she said the hexenbiest spirit. Hank was revived so I'm pretty sure the spirit died.
Also Adalind said when her mother was going through a hard time she considered suppressing the biest, which is what would have fixed Juliet. I think having the hexenbiest is like a split personality which can overwhelm you depending on who's stronger. Based on the ritual to become one it appears that through a series of cruel acts you prove that you are worthy to house and contend with such a foul spirit. Gathering the dead poppies is probably required as a further unsavory act; desecrating something that was once used to show kindness.

I believe Diana's rare almost pure blood heritage as a hexenbiest allowed her to not only inherit her parents powers but also take part in the ritual as well so she gained a hexenbiest as well. I believe Diana does not require a woge which is the visage of the actual biest because she is in pure form. That's what makes her so powerful.

Now I think in terms of the history Grimms and hexenbiest are poisonous to one another. For a low level hexenbiest Grimm blood can obliterate it. And sex with a hexenbiest can suppress a Grimms abilities including everything that makes them more than human. This however according to Elizabeth is very rare requiring multiple rare scenarios to have taken place. I do believe that a Grimm cannot carelessly sleep with a hexenbiest though.

I think that the spell to take Nick's powers turned Adalind into a three fold entity; Adalind, her biest and Juliet. Her already having Nick blood in her made her new biest impervious to his blood and him vulnerable to her. There was also certain kinky energy to the fake Juliet that Nick experienced when he was tricked (the actor mentioned this in an interview) and I think that was important because it signified that the biest was present as when he slept with Juliet as Adalind.

When Elizabeth was working on the potion and changed into Adalind she told Rosalee that it had to specifically be Juliet who was transformed into Adalind to fix Nick. I think the same trio had to perform the act but in reverse. Juliet, her biest and Adalind. Again the witchy energy was present because a biest was.

I think the reverse engineering of Adalind's potion especially using the ancient hat forced a new hexenbiest into being or awoke a very old one, taking residence in an unprepared, unworthy host. Juliet was in no way strong enough or evil enough to coexist with such a biest.
Besides Elizabeth commented on the power in the cloth of the classic wishes hat when talking to Sean even speculating that it was an original from the maleus maleficarum.

From there the hexenbiest rapidly took over finding plenty of anger for fuel until Juliet essentially crash and burned. The hexenbiest is probably gone back to sleep until a worthy host calls it up again with a spell or ritual.

Phew, that was ridiculously long. Feel free to break it down to digest it all. Eager to know how that works with your theories. Big Grin