Grimm Forum
Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen (/Thread-Crossover-theorizing-Fictional-characters-that-could-be-wesen)

Pages: 1 2

Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - BlueSharkGreenSnake - 08-16-2015

A bit of crossover AU stuff i've been thinking of. Basically just characters from books, movies, cartoons, shows, etc, that made me think, "Wow, if these people existed in the Grimm universe, they'd totally be wesen."

Here's my fun theories
First and formost: *The cats in the musical Broadway...er...Cats, are definitely klaustreichs'.

* I'd like to think that Hermione from Harry Potter took the form of a klaustreich (with an added tail)

*Continuing on Harry Potter, I think Viktor Krum would count as a shark-type wesen. I know his excuse was something that his transfiguration didn't go right, but then again...that's just what he wanted them to think.

* Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean certainly looks like a Gedächtnis Esser.

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Feel free to add on any other characters you can think of. Smile

RE: Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - Elkhound - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 04:19 PM)BlueSharkGreenSnake Wrote: A bit of crossover AU stuff i've been thinking of. Basically just characters from books, movies, cartoons, shows, etc, that made me think, "Wow, if these people existed in the Grimm universe, they'd totally be wesen."

I like these. Remember how when they made the polyjuice potion to get into Slytherin, and by accident instead of getting Millicent Blustrode's hair Hermione got hair from her cat, and polyjuice isn't supposed to be for animal transformations? It turned her into something like a wolged klausreich.

As for other literary crossovers, we've already established that Sheridan LeFanu, Rudyard Kipling, and I think Conan Doyle were Grimms. What about, this side the Atlantic, Edgar Allen Poe and H.P. Lovecraft? Or, in more modern times, Stephen King?

RE: Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - BlueSharkGreenSnake - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 04:56 PM)Elkhound Wrote:
(08-16-2015, 04:19 PM)BlueSharkGreenSnake Wrote: A bit of crossover AU stuff i've been thinking of. Basically just characters from books, movies, cartoons, shows, etc, that made me think, "Wow, if these people existed in the Grimm universe, they'd totally be wesen."

I like these. Remember how when they made the polyjuice potion to get into Slytherin, and by accident instead of getting Millicent Blustrode's hair Hermione got hair from her cat, and polyjuice isn't supposed to be for animal transformations? It turned her into something like a wolged klausreich.

As for other literary crossovers, we've already established that Sheridan LeFanu, Rudyard Kipling, and I think Conan Doyle were Grimms. What about, this side the Atlantic, Edgar Allen Poe and H.P. Lovecraft? Or, in more modern times, Stephen King?

You know, it wasn't until a couple of months ago when I was watching the Chamber of Secrets on t.v that I made the connection. When Hermione's cat scene came on, I was like "Hmm...Hermione looks like one of those cat wesen..." and that's when I started thinking of other characters. If we ever see a shark wesen (and I hope we do), I imagine it would look somewhat the way Krum looked...either with an actual shark head, or more human like, such as an enlognated snout and sharp teeth...perhaps gills on the neck.

Hmmm...Stephen King could possibly be a Grimm...

Are you familar with Stephen King's Sleepwalkers? If you've seen the movie, you'll recall that the creatures are cat-like monsters (in reality they're a type of soul eating vampire) that actually shapeshift from human to monster form and back. If Mr. King were a Grimm, I wouldn't doubt he based these creatures on klausreichs'. Smile

RE: Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - jsgrimm45 - 08-16-2015

How about Popeye anyone think spinach did all that maybe he was an early seigbarst?

RE: Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - BlueSharkGreenSnake - 08-16-2015

(08-16-2015, 05:28 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: How about Popeye anyone think spinach did all that maybe he was an early seigbarst?

Could be. There's no way anyone can get that strong from eating spinache...at least not right away. Wink

RE: Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - Elkhound - 08-16-2015

What about Mercedes Lackey? Look at the Diana Tregarde stories.

(08-16-2015, 06:55 PM)Elkhound Wrote: What about Mercedes Lackey? Look at the Diana Tregarde stories.

Perhaps. If we're throwing actual writers into the Grimm universe, I would guess that most fantasy authors are Grimms or something of that nature. Smile

Sorry I can't say more. I'm familiar with Mrs. Lackey, and i'm not too keen on her for various reasons. :/

RE: Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - Elkhound - 08-17-2015

(08-16-2015, 07:35 PM)BlueSharkGreenSnake Wrote: Sorry I can't say more. I'm familiar with Mrs. Lackey, and i'm not too keen on her for various reasons. :/

De gustibus non est disputandum.

RE: Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - Elkhound - 08-17-2015

What about Manley Wade Wellman's Silver John? He could be a Grimm wandering around Appalachia.

RE: Crossover theorizing: Fictional characters that could be wesen - jsgrimm45 - 08-17-2015

How about Johnny Appleseed a wesen that is a plant he didn't need to carry the seeds he just woged.