Grimm Forum
Windows 10 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Thread: Windows 10 (/Thread-Windows-10)

Windows 10 - jsgrimm45 - 08-07-2015

Did the windows 10 upgrade on an Acer Aspire laptop so far no problem. On my computer was about hour and twenty minutes. The replacement of I.E. to Edge so far I'm not happy but may take time.

RE: Window 10 - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 11:07 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Did the windows 10 upgrade on an Acer Aspire laptop so far no problem. On my computer was about hour and twenty minutes. The replacement of I.E. to Edge so far I'm not happy but may take time.

I am using windows 10 in one of my computers since the 3 or 4 months ago. I got the last version one week prior the official launche day.

For me, Edge is far better then I.E. At work I use Chrome with Windows 7, but at home not need for Chrome.

RE: Window 10 - jsgrimm45 - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 11:50 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 11:07 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Did the windows 10 upgrade on an Acer Aspire laptop so far no problem. On my computer was about hour and twenty minutes. The replacement of I.E. to Edge so far I'm not happy but may take time.

I am using windows 10 in one of my computers since the 3 or 4 months ago. I got the last version one week prior the official launche day.

For me, Edge is far better then I.E. At work I use Chrome with Windows 7, but at home not need for Chrome.
Will say this Edge is faster the I.E. just takes time to learn and hairBig Grin. I got my first computer in 1983 so I started with DOS.

RE: Window 10 - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 01:30 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 11:50 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:

Will say this Edge is faster the I.E. just takes time to learn and hairBig Grin. I got my first computer in 1983 so I started with DOS.

I started with DOS at a school in 1992 (computers took long to get to Brazil). My first computer at home was with windows 95.
I think Edge is cleanner than I.E.

I think it is not a question of leaning. It is just about get use to it. Big Grin

RE: Window 10 - jsgrimm45 - 08-09-2015

If you setup Cortana when it asks for your old password it is your windows logon then it will ask to enter a pin this will change your windows logon to a pin just and FYI. So next time you logon just be prepared.

RE: Window 10 - jsgrimm45 - 08-13-2015

If you like as I do to run chkdsk /r on your computer from time to time. In windows 10 the only way to do it is go to the command prompt as Admin and type the cd\ to root an type chkdsk /r than hit the y to start in on the next restart. I have used it yet but tried every other way using run

RE: Window 10 - jsgrimm45 - 08-16-2015

If you like me checking your event log after upgrading to windows 10 you will note several error's and audit failures. Now they appear not to cause any problems (at least so far). Microsoft does not have any answers yet because when I check the online that's what it tells me. In windows 7 would go week without and error and never had audit failure. Will likely see a major update soon. So far there has been several this month. Microsoft always does their update 2nd wed of the month.

RE: Window 10 - jsgrimm45 - 09-06-2015

Just and FYI if you have a reason to use msconfig and setup safe mode make sure if you are now using a PIN to get logon this WILL NOT WORK IN SAFE MODE you have to use the password you use to setup your Microsoft account. If you don't you can't log back on to your computer. Take a lesson well learned I been working on getting back on my computer all day as luck would have it I did remember after about 8 hours remember the password so I could change msconfig back to normal. Getting old ain't for the weak. Calling Microsoft was no help they were going to upgrade my problem to a engr. and this was to be Tuesday afternoon.