Grimm Forum
What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? (/Thread-What-will-be-the-role-of-the-resistance-in-season-five)

Pages: 1 2

What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-05-2015

Season four ended up in a very good way for the resistance: they killed the king and now they have Diana.

Because of this, I think they will be one of the key elements of season five.

What will be their role? This depends on the answer for some questions:

Were Meinster really working for the resistance? Or was he working for Elizabeth or as same kind of Kelly’s plane B as some have posted?

What will happen to Diana? Will they give her back to Adelaind or Renard? Will they keep her with the resistance and for what purpose?
If the resistance keep Diana, what will be Nick, Adelaind and Renard reactions?

Nick, Renard and the resistance: enemies or allies?

I would like to read some ideas from the forum about those questions.

RE: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - jsgrimm45 - 08-05-2015

Good question on the resistance we been thinking royals, could be the resistance needs more attention. This could be the backdrop for season 5.

If Meisner was working with the resistance to kill the King and if Kelly, Elizabeth, Meisner were not working together then he got Diana by accident and the resistance have LBB. They was no way for the resistance to know that LBB would be with the King that night.

If in my view the three of them were working together and Meisner was Kelly's and Elizabeth plan B. Then Meisner will take LBB to Sean or Adalind. The resistance and royals (if she is still of interest to the royals) will be looking for a baby not a young girl. Using this line there is a way for Meisner to know because Kelly is in town with LBB, and they know the King is there after her. So Meisner gets the King and if something happened and Kelly is killed than he will also gets LBB.

So if the resistance has Diana it will be known next question is can they handle LBB? Trying to keep her against her will could be bad for their health. If not it could be out of the hands they may have to take LBB to Adalind for their own good and this might be the plan LBB is just to dangerous to have around. Possible only Meisner can be around her.
If the resistance does have LBB we have to figure Renard has spies in the resistance who report to him or Ian will report it to Rosalee. She could tell Nick both ideas could work he does owe Nick and this could be Ian repayment. Ian could even be the one to get the word to Nick if the resistance has more than they can handle with LBB.

Now if the resistance does have LBB will Nick help Sean or Adalind get her back? I have lost trust in the resistance and Nick will now be like Kelly only trusting those he close enough to, to KILL. Juliette seen to that change.

The question is now which way does Renard go royals or resistance if we answer that question we might answer others. Using this if Meisner did bring LBB to Adalind and the royals tell Sean all is forgiven what does he do? Now add the question a DNA test shows LBB is Eric's what does that change? His agenda even now is still a question he could have been using the resistance for his agenda or he could really want and end to the royals having any ability to regain their old power. His character can work either way and still fit the series.

Now if we add in Chavez or Bill Campbell what do we have. I agree with one of wfmyers1207 posts everyone better stay out of Nick way. To do anything less for a time bing at least could end badly at some point Trubel may talk him down.

Thoughts Ideas?

RE: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - wfmyers1207 - 08-05-2015

@jsgrimm. I think your last point is the most telling one. As much as Nick thinks of Monroe, Rosalee, Hank and Wu, I see Truble as being the only one who will be able to get through to him for a while.

RE: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - jsgrimm45 - 08-06-2015

(08-05-2015, 01:16 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: @jsgrimm. I think your last point is the most telling one. As much as Nick thinks of Monroe, Rosalee, Hank and Wu, I see Truble as being the only one who will be able to get through to him for a while.
And if she had to go with a little head knocking she's a Grimm with equal physical and reflex powers. I could see him wining but just the fight would take the anger and edge off as needed and Trubel would know this. It may even help her with the guilt of Juliette.

RE: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - eric - 08-06-2015

It seems to me that the royals, resistance, council and even the gang have had moles and probably continue to be infested. Renard's private detective was a mole for the royals, we know there was at least one in both the resistance and the royals, and who knows what is in the council. I am not sure if Meisner is part of the resistance or a self-employed subcontractor. Based on what has happened so far, I would advice him to tell no one and trust no one. In Season 5 we may find out whose side Meisner might be on(he could be on his own, to get revenge against the royals for the death of his wife), if the resistance leak problems are fixed, and if one of the royal families turns on the others. This would be a hard time for the paranoids in all the groups but fun for the fans.

RE: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - TieDyeJackson - 08-06-2015

In my ideal world over the course of this Season (5):

we see Renard gaining more and more power and having a lot more influence within the Royals. It eventually peaks with him getting the crown but ruling from Portland and bringing in Nick to the Royal fold hoping to change the beast from within.

The resistance holds onto the child and takes the stance that Renard is a turncoat no matter what he says (maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong) and they decide they need to take out Renard and his Grimm.

It turns the premise of the show on it's head with the ones we always thought were good turning bad (maybe) and it gives the Scoobies an opponent that is incredibly strong , dedicated and willing to stop at nothing no matter what they loose in the resistance.

Heck , even have them bring Juliette back to life, Hex powers and all. That will please the Juliette people and maybe have some tension between her and Meisner because in the end everyone could potentially get a happily ever after.

I think this would be best story-line wise and they can pull us in two different ways, making the moral line a little more blurry.

But that's just one way they could go.

RE: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - jsgrimm45 - 08-06-2015

(08-06-2015, 12:56 PM)eric Wrote: It seems to me that the royals, resistance, council and even the gang have had moles and probably continue to be infested. Renard's private detective was a mole for the royals, we know there was at least one in both the resistance and the royals, and who knows what is in the council. I am not sure if Meisner is part of the resistance or a self-employed subcontractor. Based on what has happened so far, I would advice him to tell no one and trust no one. In Season 5 we may find out whose side Meisner might be on(he could be on his own, to get revenge against the royals for the death of his wife), if the resistance leak problems are fixed, and if one of the royal families turns on the others. This would be a hard time for the paranoids in all the groups but fun for the fans.
You make a good point when Sebastein was in Portland (the episode with the bomb) he made the point that none of the resistance trusted Meisner. He also say something about a group Meisner was with at least at one time I have watch and watch and still can't catch the name of the group did you? I believe Meisner is the wild card and we may see more of this (I would) from what I seen of him I would trust him he gets the job done and looks to live up to his word.

He has the skills set to take care of business. I said in several posts I believe he will bring LBB to Adalind I think they had a connection. I think also him and Nick would click and make a good team later when the royals come back in to play. They now have more in common then (with royals) anyone else. Thoughts?

RE: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-07-2015

(08-06-2015, 03:06 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(08-06-2015, 12:56 PM)eric Wrote: It seems to me that the royals, resistance, council and even the gang have had moles and probably continue to be infested. Renard's private detective was a mole for the royals, we know there was at least one in both the resistance and the royals, and who knows what is in the council. I am not sure if Meisner is part of the resistance or a self-employed subcontractor. Based on what has happened so far, I would advice him to tell no one and trust no one. In Season 5 we may find out whose side Meisner might be on(he could be on his own, to get revenge against the royals for the death of his wife), if the resistance leak problems are fixed, and if one of the royal families turns on the others. This would be a hard time for the paranoids in all the groups but fun for the fans.
You make a good point when Sebastein was in Portland (the episode with the bomb) he made the point that none of the resistance trusted Meisner. He also say something about a group Meisner was with at least at one time I have watch and watch and still can't catch the name of the group do you? I believe Meisner is the wild card and we may see more of this (I would) from what I seen of him I would trust him he gets the job done and looks to live up to his word.

He has the skills set to take care of business. I said in several posts I believe he will bring LBB to Adalind I think they had a connection. I think also him and Nick would click and make a good team later when the royals come back in to play. They now have more in common then (with royals) anyone else. Thoughts?

Meisner and Nick would be a good team against the royals. I am thinking about Diana. There is something my memories are missing.
Renard and the resistance asked Meisner to help Adelaind to run from the royals. The resistance hired Kelly to help Adelaind to run from Europe. In the middle of the process, the royals almost got Diana and Kelly ran with her alone. After, the resistance sent someone to ask Renard about Diana, which means that royals and resistance wanted the baby. Is this correct?
My question is: If the resistance wanted the baby, why did they hire Kelly to help Adelaind? I mean: Wouldn’t be better if they have hired Kelly or someone else to take the baby to the resistance?
If the idea was simply avoid the royals take Diana, why ask Renard about her?
All of this bring us to the last question: if the resistance wants Diana. If Meisner brings Diana to Adelaind (and Nick). What will the resistance do? Will this be the begging of an enmity between Nick and the resistance?

RE: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - jsgrimm45 - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 02:31 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
You make a good point when Sebastein was in Portland (the episode with the bomb) he made the point that none of the resistance trusted Meisner. He also say something about a group Meisner was with at least at one time I have watch and watch and still can't catch the name of the group do you? I believe Meisner is the wild card and we may see more of this (I would) from what I seen of him I would trust him he gets the job done and looks to live up to his word.

Meisner and Nick would be a good team against the royals. I am thinking about Diana. There is something my memories are missing.
Renard and the resistance asked Meisner to help Adelaind to run from the royals. The resistance hired Kelly to help Adelaind to run from Europe. In the middle of the process, the royals almost got Diana and Kelly ran with her alone. After, the resistance sent someone to ask Renard about Diana, which means that royals and resistance wanted the baby. Is this correct?
My question is: If the resistance wanted the baby, why did they hire Kelly to help Adelaind? I mean: Wouldn’t be better if they have hired Kelly or someone else to take the baby to the resistance?
All of this bring us to the last question: if the resistance wants Diana. If Meisner brings Diana to Adelaind (and Nick). What will the resistance do? Will this be the begging of an enmity between Nick and the resistance?
Kelly change the plan they were to go to Brazil but because the verrat was waiting at he plane she figured they would know about Brazil. Later the resistance calls Renard and the meet in Portland he tells Renard he wants the child. That was when I start to think maybe we should worry about the resistance as well as the royals.

After Kelly see LBB power she decides that the resistance nor the royals can have Diana.

That question if I'm right and Meisner does bring LBB to Adalind I see a problem for Meisner and Renard from the resistance. This could be a new story line who does Nick trust and what kind of bind is Renard in with the resistance? We not see much in season 5 from the royals but we could see some new threats for the resistance. I will add this no one know Diana a small girl they will thinking baby.

RE: What will be the role of the resistance in season five? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 02:55 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 02:31 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:

Kelly change the plan they were to go to Brazil but because the verrat was waiting at he plane she figured they would know about Brazil. Later the resistance calls Renard and the meet in Portland he tells Renard he wants the child. That was when I start to think maybe we should worry about the resistance as well as the royals.

After Kelly see LBB power she decides that the resistance nor the royals can have Diana.

That question if I'm right and Meisner does bring LBB to Adalind I see a problem for Meisner and Renard from the resistance. This could be a new story line who does Nick trust and what kind of bind is Renard in with the resistance? We not see much in season 5 from the royals but we could see some new threats for the resistance. I will add this no one know Diana a small girl they will thinking baby.

Renard is in a bad position since no one trusts him.
The royals want him dead. He will be better if the new king was kind to him.
The resistance doesn’t trust him. They are allies against the royals, but not friends.
After everything that happened, I think Adelaind would be closer to Nick then to Renard. No love here, but to Adelaind’s eyes and considering the conditions, Nick is still more trustful.
I can’t see good times for Nick and Renard, at least for while.
About the resistance, I see conflict in the fact that maybe Nick (and Renard) want to avoid the royals get power again, just it. The resistance should want to destroy the royals. This means, for example, that Nick would simple want to hide the keys. The resistance would want to find the treasure and use it against the royals. Nick wants to hide Diana. The resistance wants to use Diana against the royals.
Any ideas?