Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 04-18-2016

my clarification:Juliette and adalind became "Hexenbiest" differently.
Monroe and Rosalee Nick accepted it for what it is:"GRIMM".
Juliette told Nick that everything had changed.this was in the house when he returned and told him about Henriette.
I think it was there.she tried to kiss her in "Woge"and as it could not-although he said that would try to understand-
and she was not giving any other opportunity.if the relationship went to the bottom it is the fault of the two, not adalind.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - SumYungHo - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 07:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: Breaking each finger purposefully shows me that she likes to use her powers to torture. So in her way, Adalind showed fury, and euphoria at what that fury can do.

Oh, my God! You're absolutely right. I just re-watched that entire scene and TOTALLY missed the part where Adalind screams in rage as she's breaking Tony's fingers and then when finished, performs a cabbage patch end-zone dance before rushing across the room to high-five Rosalee.

Po-lease

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Nickster - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 07:44 AM)SumYungHo Wrote:
(04-18-2016, 07:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: Breaking each finger purposefully shows me that she likes to use her powers to torture. So in her way, Adalind showed fury, and euphoria at what that fury can do.

Oh, my God! You're absolutely right. I just re-watched that entire scene and TOTALLY missed the part where Adalind screams in rage as she's breaking Tony's fingers and then when finished, performs a cabbage patch end-zone dance before rushing across the room to high-five Rosalee.

Po-lease

Yeah and she was swinging her hair back and forth doing the LMFAO dance too.

Adalind is soooo sadistic.

I'm surprised she hasn't tied Nick up and engaged in some brutal Hexen Bondage with him. Because she loves to torture right?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 07:05 AM)brandon Wrote: my clarification:Juliette and adalind became "Hexenbiest" differently.
Monroe and Rosalee Nick accepted it for what it is:"GRIMM".
Juliette told Nick that everything had changed.this was in the house when he returned and told him about Henriette.
I think it was there.she tried to kiss her in "Woge"and as it could not-although he said that would try to understand-
and she was not giving any other opportunity.if the relationship went to the bottom it is the fault of the two, not adalind.

Juliette and Adalind did become hexenbiests differently. But they are still hexenbiests. You say Juliette experienced fury as a hexenbiest. This is true. But so did Adalind. That was pure fury when she broke each of Tony's fingers. I'm not saying she shouldn't have defended herself against Tony. He attacked her, of course she should have defended herself.

What I am saying is that there were a number of ways that she could have defended herself. Breaking each finger purposefully shows me that she likes to use her powers to torture. So in her way, Adalind showed fury, and euphoria at what that fury can do.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 09:31 AM)irukandji Wrote: Juliette and Adalind did become hexenbiests differently. But they are still hexenbiests. You say Juliette experienced fury as a hexenbiest. This is true. But so did Adalind. That was pure fury when she broke each of Tony's fingers. I'm not saying she shouldn't have defended herself against Tony. He attacked her, of course she should have defended herself.

It was panic, not fury, and it was unintended. You can tell from the look on her face that she wasn't expecting it to happen and was quite surprised and upset when it did.

Control of hexenbiest powers appears to be a use it or lose it thing. The last time Adalind used her powers for the first time after not having any for a while, she tried to make a Verrat drop a gun and ended up making him shoot himself in the head instead. If she had actually tried to break Tony's fingers, she probably would have ended up ripping his arm right off his body.

(04-18-2016, 10:27 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It was panic, not fury, and it was unintended. You can tell from the look on her face that she wasn't expecting it to happen and was quite surprised and upset when it did.

Control of hexenbiest powers appears to be a use it or lose it thing. The last time Adalind used her powers for the first time after not having any for a while, she tried to make a Verrat drop a gun and ended up making him shoot himself in the head instead. If she had actually tried to break Tony's fingers, she probably would have ended up ripping his arm right off his body.

Well, let me ask you this. Was it an accident that the hexenbiest appeared or was Adalind's intent to summon it for help?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 10:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: Well, let me ask you this. Was it an accident that the hexenbiest appeared or was Adalind's intent to summon it for help?

My guess is that it was an instinctive "fight or flight" reaction. She's very disturbed after it happens, and she's still disturbed when she boils a glass of water later, apparently also without intending to. But once the genie is out of the bottle, it's out, and according to Adalind, it changes the way you think and feel. She didn't seem terribly reluctant to woge during her meeting with Berman.

(04-18-2016, 10:56 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(04-18-2016, 10:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: Well, let me ask you this. Was it an accident that the hexenbiest appeared or was Adalind's intent to summon it for help?

My guess is that it was an instinctive "fight or flight" reaction. She's very disturbed after it happens, and she's still disturbed when she boils a glass of water later, apparently also without intending to. But once the genie is out of the bottle, it's out, and according to Adalind, it changes the way you think and feel. She didn't seem terribly reluctant to woge during her meeting with Berman.

I too, thought she was instinctively reaching for the hexenbiest. But then I was thinking about when she took the suppression potion. She did something to prove that she still had her powers. They were still there, but they were weak. So, I'm not so sure this was instinct, but more of a call to defend herself.

I'm not sure what that look was she had when she was breaking Tony's fingers. I thought it might have been surprise that the powers had returned, but that doesn't make sense to me. The consistent argument with Juliette is that she embraced the hexenbiest when she used her powers. If that's the case, then there has to be some kind of feeling involved. The same would apply to Adalind as well.

I don't get why she'd be disturbed over the powers returning. She knew that day would be coming.

Well, she already told Rosalee way back at the beginning of the season that she didn't want it back at all, and now she's in love with Nick, or at least she thinks she is. So it's pretty easy to see why she's upset it's happening even if she knew it would eventually.

The way I see it, if Adalind was that upset over it, Nick would have noticed.