Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Hexenadler - 12-16-2015

One of these days I'm going to finish a fanfic where Nick and Juliette managed to stay together after she revealed her transformation to him. I'm a little fascinated by the idea of how a Grimm and a Hexenbiest would make an intimate relationship work, and here's one way they could do it:

There would be very little verbal communication other than the basic "Hi's" and "Bye's." Words are cheap, and can be easily twisted into something hateful, especially by a Hexenbiest. Nick would give Juliette plenty of room, physically and emotionally, never treading on her toes unless it was absolutely necessary. Their romance would be more determined by actions; a special dinner Juliette cooks for Nick one night, or a very personal piece of jewelry Nick buys and leaves in the bathroom for Juliette to find. This version of Nick accepted his responsibility in Juliette's metamorphosis a long time ago, and feels that he owes her everything as a result.

Juliette's Hexenbiest impulses are allowed to be (mostly) indulged. She can often be abrasive and cruel, but never sinks to the depths we saw on the show, thanks in part to how extraordinarily well Nick accepted her new nature. When Juliette starts a live leech farm in the house's backyard, Nick supports her, even when she begins applying leeches on her face every morning to improve her beauty. As a reward for his compliance, Juliette gives Nick a night of the wildest lovemaking imaginable. The bond between the two lovers is sacred and private. Nick has even succeeded at finding a strange, macabre beauty in Juliette's woged form, even though he keeps these emotions strictly between himself and Juliette.

Sadly, maintaining a relationship with such an innately dark-natured being came with a steep price. Both Monroe and Rosalee broke away from Nick, unable to deal with the new Juliette's arrogant vanity, and Hank moved to a new precinct many months ago, alienated by Nick's decision to remain loyal to Juliette. Bud and Wu are the only real friends the pair have left, while Renard has begun to pursue a political career. But Portland is safer than it's ever been, safeguarded by a love unprecedented in Wesen history.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - syscrash - 12-16-2015

I had never thought about how would you have a relation with a hexenbiest. If she has the power of compulsion how would you ever know what is real. There must be a way, the Royals have a thing for hexenbiest. But the Royals also have dungeons that are hexenbiest proof, and will provide all kinds of mental torment. Makes me thank, if you compulse a Royal and they suspect you have. You will spend time in the dungeon. We know Sean can detect when Adalind is trying to influence him. But Henrietta controlled Nick with ease, and Juliette is even more powerful.
Adalind sees Eve controlling Nick, and because she is a hexenbiest she is jealous because she could never control that well.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 12-18-2015

hate it in principle what is converted and blamed all of the sucedido-uno always looking to who to blame -
Although Ken does not appear she was going to finish doing many bad things.
interested to remain a pair "Hexenbiest" his personal vendetta and that ended up killing her psychologically.
your destination - I think so-should be used as a weapon and never have anyone

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - syscrash - 12-18-2015

I re read the post in this section. JSgrimm45 you nailed most of your predictions.
Now for what I see as a need to understand a few things to understand where the show is gong with Bitsie's new character.

The topic is embraceing the hexebiest. Juliette did that in the bar. Even Adalind admitted that Juliette must be accepting what she is. At this point she had come to grips with, being a hexenbiest is what and who she is. She had just not come to appreciate it. In the bar it was still something that had been done to her. By the time Rosalee came to visit her in jail she had transitioned to viewing it as a gift. She even thanked Rosalee and the group for making her so powerful. Rosalee was convinced that it was the hexenbiest talking and not Juliette.

This is going to be important during the reveal. Is Juliette accepting the reality of who and what she is or has the hexenbiest taken over, and Juliette is just a host. Considering that Adalind who had lost her spirit, still had the desire to exact extreme vengeance on her enemy. Lets me believe that the new Juleitte is more the product of acceptance then spirit influence.

Juliette asking Nick to kiss her while woged was not a literal request. It was symbolic way of asking can you accept this. Meaning even if she never woged again, her woge state would always be apart of her can he live with that. Obviously he could not. If what she was was not a problem after she un-woged he would have embraced her with some comment of not when you look like death warmed over.

By the time Juliette got to the spice shop, she viewed her power as a gift, vowing to be the best hexenbiest she could. An important point to realize in season 5. AS a gift she will be more inclined to thank Adalind instead of blaming her. The problem is the group is still holding on to the idea that Juliette is cursed, broken, and needs to be fixed and will never change. This is the reason why Juliette will be considered dead. They will always see the new character as needing to be fixed and they will hold onto that till the end. It was in the spice shop that Juliette realized that to the group Juliette was no more. This lead to Juliette saying lets get this over with. basically she wanted to show them what they where dealing with and get them to realize she was no longer Juliette. Even Monroe and Rosalee commented, I don't know what that was but it was not Juliette.

To understand Juliette actions. Take two people in a bar. One is a martial arts export, the other is the guy always being shoved in the locker. A fight breaks out the martial arts patroon would be likely to take on the bar while the other would run away. The same with Juliette, she is now all of a sudden the martial arts expert. This is definitely going to give her a ton of confidence. It is going to make her feel she does not have to take anything from anybody any more. We saw how when Adalind came to the house with big Kelly. Juliette was itching to be able to do something to her. As a hexenbiest, Juliette no longer has to wish, she can do. Remember, Juliette burnt the trailer after the police station. After going to the shop for help and being made to feel like a monster that needed to be fixed by her closest friends. The same friends she was willing to sacrifice becoming Adalind to help save. Is it any wonder the hurt she was feeling, especially after Nick told her to leave the station. Juliette explained her reasons for the trailer and admitted maybe she over reacted.

As for the new character, like I said she views being a hexenbiest as a gift. In season four she was a kid with a new toy, she is now trained to use her powers as a weapon. In season four she blowup the car because she was mad, now she will have control of those kind of outburst.
From the beginning Juliette was not one who showed a lot of emotions. Very few times we got to see her smile, I can't remember her ever laughing, or crying. Add to this Juliette was open, giving and compassionate with her friends, and look where this got her. The new character will never allow herself to be hurt like that again. Which is the reason she will never open up to anyone. Think of it like someone who went through a very bad marriage, not wanting to date, or swearing off men. Add on top of all this she has received special forces training. We all know how a barrel of laughs those people can be.
We will only see her in mission setting where she will be totally focused. She will come off as extremely flat. Not Data from star trek flat but close. Data did not even have the concept of a smile. The new character knows what a smile is, there just wont be time for smiling. She will not be a social character, she will drown herself in her work. She will no longer try and see both sides of a situation. Her focus will be on results by any means possible. This character would have no problem carpet bombing a place lie Raqqa, if it would eliminate the enemy. She is a killer but not ruthless. She does not operate on revenge, jealousy, glory, or power. She is a special forces operative, what she does is not based her her view of right or wrong, but what the mission called for. No difference then how Adalind worked. Except with Adalind failed mission resulted in her seeking revenge. New character will never go off mission. The like or hate will depend on the mission. Just like the hate for Adalind exist because she was on mission.

There is one direction they could go. Either Nick or one of the group could get in trouble. Even tough they still don't see eye to eye or accept what or how she works. Their being in trouble she will make it personal.
Trubel will fit in more with the group then she does with HW. Even though Trubel helps HW, she does not agree with a lot of their methods. The New character will believe in HW and the cause. The thing we will not be sure of is her reason for involvement. Is it the hate for the wesen world, the world that put and end to her, Nick and the white picket fence. or is it she's really concerned about preserving humanity, seeing as how she will seem to have very little.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 12-18-2015

(12-16-2015, 08:43 PM)syscrash Wrote: Adalind sees Eve controlling Nick, and because she is a hexenbiest she is jealous because she could never control that well.

Haahaaa. (This was great). And so true.

(12-16-2015, 08:43 PM)syscrash Wrote: I had never thought about how would you have a relation with a hexenbiest. If she has the power of compulsion how would you ever know what is real. There must be a way, the Royals have a thing for hexenbiest. But the Royals also have dungeons that are hexenbiest proof, and will provide all kinds of mental torment. Makes me thank, if you compulse a Royal and they suspect you have. You will spend time in the dungeon. We know Sean can detect when Adalind is trying to influence him.

You know when I started this thread, I never thought about the literal translation of embracing the hexenbiest. I will have to think about that further because there is merit to what you say.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 12-19-2015

that believe that he does not had accepted it or others?
Although it may be rather that the take into account the advice of Henriette and didn't know how to help you deal with your new change.
Yes could do with its passage to "GRIMM"
What happened in the bar was fury and the same with Monroe and the trailer.no needed to make both show to break the glass.
being a "Hexenbiest" is sentiria different – someone in a note about the change mentioned that might be an effect like the drug-euphoric and capable of anything - and use it for his revenge
Nick would have that thanking Meisner did
-not be that serious - that so does not have an "uncontrolled Hexenbiest.
It was matter of the band but they were unable to stop it and the best was that Trubel-in that killed moment was so -
who knows that most you could tell the royalty on Nick and keys

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 04-14-2016

(12-19-2015, 06:09 AM)brandon Wrote: What happened in the bar was fury and the same with Monroe and the trailer. being a "Hexenbiest" is sentiria different – someone in a note about the change mentioned that might be an effect like the drug-euphoric and capable of anything - and use it for his revenge
It was matter of the band but they were unable to stop it and the best was that Trubel-in that killed moment was so -Nick would have that thanking Meisner did that so does not have an "uncontrolled Hexenbiest.

Now that Adalind has gotten her hexenbiest back, I thought it would be fun to revisit this topic. Thought I would start with Brandon's comments on the subject.

I am interpreting the comments to mean that Juliette embraced her hexenbiest and as a result, experienced a euphoria, making her feel like she was capable of anything. It also looks like he interprets Juliette's actions in the bar, her burning of the trailer, and her defense against Monroe as a type of fury, which also could be seen as embracing the hexenbiest.

Juliette threw the guy in the bar. If I recall correctly he tried to stop her from leaving. After she threw him, she did not do anymore damage. Juliette did push Rosalee against the wall/shelves, and Monroe went to attack her. She repelled him easily. After that, I don't recall her doing any further harm to him.

Tony attacked Adalind. I found it interesting that Adalind didn't simply "will" him away from her. She methodically tortured him by breaking finger after finger, very slowly. There's evidence of a lot of fury there. Was Adalind embracing her hexenbiest? Did she experience some euphoria there?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - syscrash - 04-14-2016

Quote:Tony attacked Adalind. I found it interesting that Adalind didn't simply "will" him away from her. She methodically tortured him by breaking finger after finger, very slowly. There's evidence of a lot of fury there. Was Adalind embracing her hexenbiest? Did she experience some euphoria there?

This is what worries me about Adalind. Where Juliette was in control of her attacks. Didn't Adalind seem to be in a trance not really in control of breaking Tony's fingers. I am thinking it was because that was the first return of her powers and she was not ready. Her powers went into a spasm like response. The first time Juliette powers where seen she broke every piece of glass in the room and could not stop.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 04-14-2016

(04-14-2016, 06:01 PM)syscrash Wrote: This is what worries me about Adalind. Where Juliette was in control of her attacks. Didn't Adalind seem to be in a trance not really in control of breaking Tony's fingers. I am thinking it was because that was the first return of her powers and she was not ready. Her powers went into a spasm like response. The first time Juliette powers where seen she broke every piece of glass in the room and could not stop.

Adalind gave me the impression she was instinctively reaching for the hexenbiest. At the same time, she looked like she wouldn't be able to use it to attack Tony. But when she did, she still had that doubtful look on her face.

Adalind never had any issue when she took on this hexenbiest, and never showed any problem with it being unpredictable.

You just never know with her. Makes me wonder if the hexenbiest didn't start to come in well before the spice shop incident and she just made a show of it so that Rosalee wouldn't say anything.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 04-15-2016

I give you reason with that of euphoria.Juliette would feel the power through her body.
Nick try to talk to her but Juliette felt he did not need.Rosalee she goes to for help but seeing Nick went crazy.
is "I do not need anyone anymore".Big mistake.she needed a psychologist "Wesen".
adalind pregnancy then plunged more on hatred.that Nick could have done to stop it?Juliette also destroyed the car type.will that power is linked to feelings.mainly fury