Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - eric - 12-11-2015

(12-10-2015, 09:21 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 05:30 PM)eric Wrote: its good to remember that some fairy tales were originally told to children to let them know what could happen to bad little boys and girls-and had bad endings(not the Disney versions). When really "good" or really "bad" things suddenly happen, they either can destroy people, or make them stronger. Win the lottery, marriages can fall apart because you both can do things you couldn't do before, family tries to kill you, all your old friends and family try to suck you dry. Become disabled, loose a child, go to jail, you can become stronger from these and emerge a better person in a stronger marriage. IMO, Juliette did not have a chance to adjust to being a hex, unlike those born to it. It was so sudden, she was overwhelmed. At i first thought she would make a good adjustment and become a stronger person who would aid Nick in the fight against the dark side. As is all too common, I was wrong.Big Grin I think Adeline could become a better person both because she lost her powers and she now hopes to be a better mom than her mother.

How long should Juliette have been given to adjust, do you think?
Well, if Nick hadn't flubbed it by walking out on Juliette when she revealed herself , if he had kissed her when she woged back into normal form and tried to talk to her, the amount of time wouldn't have been too important. Learning how to do things right takes time--learning how to drink, drive, skydive as examples. She was in the kitchen and tried to catch the spice bottle, ended up hitting her head--it could had added humor to the show, as well as episodes where she learned how to control her powers--exploding cars because of road rage is a big no-no, learning how to defend yourself and off bad wessen in a way that doesn't attract attention is a goodie. My guess, up to a bang up season 4 finale.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 12-16-2015

(12-11-2015, 08:20 AM)eric Wrote: Well, if Nick hadn't flubbed it by walking out on Juliette when she revealed herself , if he had kissed her when she woged back into normal form and tried to talk to her, the amount of time wouldn't have been too important. Learning how to do things right takes time--learning how to drink, drive, skydive as examples. She was in the kitchen and tried to catch the spice bottle, ended up hitting her head--it could had added humor to the show, as well as episodes where she learned how to control her powers--exploding cars because of road rage is a big no-no, learning how to defend yourself and off bad wessen in a way that doesn't attract attention is a goodie. My guess, up to a bang up season 4 finale.

I actually thought the series could do a lot with a hexenbiest Juliette on a comedic level as well. She was still doing veterinary work up to the point she got thrown in jail by Nick. I thought it would have been interesting to see how a hexenbiest would deal with the average pet, or for that matter, not so average ones. Could you imagine her handling a pet snake, for instance?

I don't think the characters in Grimm could do comedy very well. With the exception of Bud, I don't see a lot of humor in the characters. Too bad really. I think that might perk up the series a bit.

Now Juliette is back as the emotionless hexenbiest. Does that mean the hexenbiest spirit had no part with regard to her emotions? I doubted that Juliette actually embraced the hexenbiest, but now that she is emotionless, has that changed?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - syscrash - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 06:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 08:20 AM)eric Wrote: Well, if Nick hadn't flubbed it by walking out on Juliette when she revealed herself , if he had kissed her when she woged back into normal form and tried to talk to her, the amount of time wouldn't have been too important. Learning how to do things right takes time--learning how to drink, drive, skydive as examples. She was in the kitchen and tried to catch the spice bottle, ended up hitting her head--it could had added humor to the show, as well as episodes where she learned how to control her powers--exploding cars because of road rage is a big no-no, learning how to defend yourself and off bad wessen in a way that doesn't attract attention is a goodie. My guess, up to a bang up season 4 finale.

I actually thought the series could do a lot with a hexenbiest Juliette on a comedic level as well. She was still doing veterinary work up to the point she got thrown in jail by Nick. I thought it would have been interesting to see how a hexenbiest would deal with the average pet, or for that matter, not so average ones. Could you imagine her handling a pet snake, for instance?

I don't think the characters in Grimm could do comedy very well. With the exception of Bud, I don't see a lot of humor in the characters. Too bad really. I think that might perk up the series a bit.

Now Juliette is back as the emotionless hexenbiest. Does that mean the hexenbiest spirit had no part with regard to her emotions? I doubted that Juliette actually embraced the hexenbiest, but now that she is emotionless, has that changed?
They did not say Eve is emotionless, they said she doesn't have the emotional attachment. That ended when Nick pulled his gun on her. Why do people want to make it that Eve is a modified Juliette. The personality we saw at the end of season 4 is Eve. The only difference, in season four she was not fully committed to being a hexenbiest now she is. The other thing, she has been trained like Trubel.

(12-16-2015, 06:56 PM)syscrash Wrote:

They did not say she is emotionless, they said she doesn't have the emotional attachment. That ended when he pulled his gun on her.

If she doesn't have the emotional attachment, wouldn't that make her emotionless?

(12-16-2015, 06:58 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 06:56 PM)syscrash Wrote:

They did not say she is emotionless, they said she doesn't have the emotional attachment. That ended when he pulled his gun on her.

If she doesn't have the emotional attachment, wouldn't that make her emotionless?
Emotions are you ability to show happy, sad, love, hate. Emotional attachment is staying in an abusive relation because of love. In Nick and Juliette case it would be working to get Nick to accept her as a hexenbiest. When they say no emotional attachment she is not going to care if Nick accepts her or not. She will still love him she just won't act upon it. She will be indifferent toward Nick.

(12-16-2015, 07:16 PM)syscrash Wrote: Emotions are you ability to show happy, sad, love, hate. Emotional attachment is staying in an abusive relation because of love. In Nick and Juliette case it would be working to get Nick to accept her as a hexenbiest. When they say no emotional attachment she is not going to care if Nick accepts her or not. She will still love him she just won't act upon it. She will be indifferent toward Nick.

I agree with the first part of your statement about emotions. The second part I see differently. I believe an emotional attachment can occur due to any memory. For instance, the memory of a beloved pet. Memories of a lost pet can bring a person to tears or makes them laugh.

I think Juliette's ability to experience emotions, whether past or present, have been severed.

(12-16-2015, 07:31 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-16-2015, 07:16 PM)syscrash Wrote: Emotions are you ability to show happy, sad, love, hate. Emotional attachment is staying in an abusive relation because of love. In Nick and Juliette case it would be working to get Nick to accept her as a hexenbiest. When they say no emotional attachment she is not going to care if Nick accepts her or not. She will still love him she just won't act upon it. She will be indifferent toward Nick.

I agree with the first part of your statement about emotions. The second part I see differently. I believe an emotional attachment can occur due to any memory. For instance, the memory of a beloved pet. Memories of a lost pet can bring a person to tears or makes them laugh.

I think Juliette's ability to experience emotions, whether past or present, have been severed.
I don't agree You can still be in love with an ex girlfriend. Still have found memories of what used to be. But still sever the emotional connection. The connection that makes you do things against your better judgement.

(12-16-2015, 07:37 PM)syscrash Wrote: I don't agree You can still be in love with an ex girlfriend. Still have found memories of what used to be. But still sever the emotional connection. The connection that makes you do things against your better judgement.

No reason in the world why you have to. I was just explaining the way I see it.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - New Guy - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 07:31 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Hi Irukandji,
If I understand your comment, then I agree. So far in 5.06 all Eve did was put on a platinum wig, get released from her cell, show up at the Black Claw factory explode a bunch of BC heads then when the BC thug attacked Nick, she raised her hand to put him up then lowered it and he fell to his death. She didn't even have a line to read when Nick called her "Juliette."
The writers are determined that Eve has Juliette's memory, but not her emotions. Eve is to remember Juliette only as a dead person. Eve has no emotions and has no concept of love. She will likely have no ethics, morals or loyalty. She went from Nick's woman to Renard's whore, then to Kenneth's accomplice and whore, then was killed by Trubel and now is this Evil Eve thing. It seems lunacy to me that HW would trust her to work for them. She may have just as easily and without any hesitation exploded all the heads of Scoobies, including Nick's. That may be the way the writers will close out Grimm if NBC pulls the show.
New Guy

(12-16-2015, 07:53 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Irukandji,
If I understand your comment, then I agree. So far in 5.06 all Eve did was put on a platinum wig, get released from her cell, show up at the Black Claw factory explode a bunch of BC heads then when the BC thug attacked Nick, she raised her hand to put him up then lowered it and he fell to his death. She didn't even have a line to read when Nick called her "Juliette."

The writers are determined that Eve has Juliette's memory, but not her emotions. Eve is to remember Juliette only as a dead person. Eve has no emotions and has no concept of love. She will likely have no ethics, morals or loyalty. She went from Nick's woman to Renard's whore, then to Kenneth's accomplice and whore, then was killed by Trubel and now is this Evil Eve thing. It seems lunacy to me that HW would trust her to work for them. She may have just as easily and without any hesitation exploded all the heads of Scoobies, including Nick's. That may be the way the writers will close out Grimm if NBC pulls the show.
New Guy

Hi New Guy-
I had to laugh at your comments. I had this sudden picture of Juliette waving her hand, and Rosalee's head exploding, similar to that commercial that's recently come out.

I'm wondering what this new character will be like. At first, I thought of Robocop because the similarities are almost uncanny. Although Murphy's memories were erased, it turned out he had glimpses of memories, enough to send him back to review his records and put some pieces of his past together. It didn't matter though. In the end he was still Robocop.

I also thought about Mr. Spock, another character who suppressed his emotions, although he did get emotional from time to time. In the end he still remained Mr. Spock, but admitted that Captain Kirk 'was and always shall be, his friend'.

Both of these characters retained their ethics, their loyalty, their morals and their logic with no emotion (in the case of Murphy) and occasional lapses (in the case of Spock). An emotional person doesn't automatically translate into a person of high moral character, or a person who is ethical, or even one who is loyal. On the contrary, one could convincingly argue that emotions are an impedement to those ideals.