Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - New Guy - 08-05-2015

Hello All,
Nick looks human even when doing his Grimm thing. He uses his Grimm powers to serve and protect people. In particular he is protective of his friends. In the zombie state he went awry but recovered his sanity and purpose. Nick the Grimm is not just acceptable, but admirable.
When Juliette woges into a Hexenbiest she is visually grotesque. At first she used her powers to help her friends. Somehow the hexen destroyed her sane self and she turned into a violent force of evil. She focused all her efforts toward destroying her friends. She became devoid of any compassion, ethics or morals. The skilled veterinarian and love of Nick's life had become a rabid beast and Nick's nemesis. There was nothing "acceptable" about her as a heinous hexenbiest.
New Guy

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-05-2015

Understanding another requires giving of oneself. Nick is incapable of understanding. You see it, New Guy. That's why your argument is that Juliette should revert to her human form so that Nick can kiss her. He can't understand her as a hexenbiest and really doesn't want to.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - wfmyers1207 - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 09:29 AM)irukandji Wrote: Understanding another requires giving of oneself. Nick is incapable of understanding. You see it, New Guy. That's why your argument is that Juliette should revert to her human form so that Nick can kiss her.

I don't see that at all. Nick is very capable of understanding and he doesn't use his abilities to serve himself. He doesn't want to be Grimm! He was just trying to be a good cop when all this was dumped in his lap!

As for Juliette, I think his Grimm instincts were telling him this was going to get very bad, but his love for her kept him trying to put things right even when he knew deep down that this would not end well!Huh

(08-05-2015, 09:38 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I don't see that at all. Nick is very capable of understanding and he doesn't use his abilities to serve himself. He doesn't want to be Grimm! He was just trying to be a good cop when all this was dumped in his lap!

Who dumped it in his lap? Aunt Marie. Nick didn't have to be a Grimm, he chose it, he embraced it so to speak.

Nick had his chance to be normal when he lost his Grimm powers. No surprise there that he not only looked but moped around like a fish out of water. If he really didn't want to be a Grimm, he wouldn't have had the love of his life risk side effects from a spell to give him back his powers.

(08-05-2015, 09:38 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: As for Juliette, I think his Grimm instincts were telling him this was going to get very bad, but his love for her kept him trying to put things right even when he knew deep down that this would not end well!Huh

I'd like to get some examples of this love for her when she became a hexenbiest. I recall him telling her he loved her. I also recall his look when she woged. The words meant nothing. The look told it all.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - wfmyers1207 - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 09:50 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 09:38 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I don't see that at all. Nick is very capable of understanding and he doesn't use his abilities to serve himself. He doesn't want to be Grimm! He was just trying to be a good cop when all this was dumped in his lap!

Who dumped it in his lap? Aunt Marie. Nick didn't have to be a Grimm, he chose it, he embraced it so to speak.

Nick had his chance to be normal when he lost his Grimm powers. No surprise there that he not only looked but moped around like a fish out of water. If he really didn't want to be a Grimm, he wouldn't have had the love of his life risk side effects from a spell to give him back his powers.

(08-05-2015, 09:38 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: As for Juliette, I think his Grimm instincts were telling him this was going to get very bad, but his love for her kept him trying to put things right even when he knew deep down that this would not end well!Huh

I'd like to get some examples of this love for her when she became a hexenbiest. I recall him telling her he loved her. I also recall his look when she woged. The words meant nothing. The look told it all.

Item 1: He CHOSE to re-Grimm after the shat hit the fan! Come on, was he going to let his "kid sister" handle it all! We can be all "girl power" and that, but what man would let a young woman take on that by herself when he could at least cover her back?

Item 2: Would you kiss someone who looked like a six month old corpse?Dodgy

Hello Y'all,
Good lively discussion!
From the NBC recap of 4.22:
"Nick enters his house and is stopped in his tracks by the sight of his mother's head again. After a few quiet moments, he hears something behind him and turns around to find Juliette. She says she didn't know Kenneth was going to do that. Enraged, Nick lunges at Juliette and pushes her up against a wall, tightening his hands around her throat. As Juliette struggles for air, she tells Nick to do it, to kill her. But even after everything that's happened, Nick can't bring himself to do it. His mercy is not appreciated by Juliette, who returns the favor by woging and sending Nick flying across the house. Nick says he's done fighting, but Juliette's not. She says, "Goodbye, Nick," before preparing to strike one last below. A voice behind her says, "Goodbye, Juliette," and before she can realize what's happening, Trubel fires two darts into Juliette's chest. Nick catches Juliette as she falls to the ground and holds her close as she dies in his arms."
The scene has Juliette's confession (truth or lie?), Nick's rage, her death wish (truth or deception?), his mercy, her violent attack, his complete surrender, her intended 'last blow,' Trubel's quick action, Juliette dies in Nick's arms.
I hope we can all agree that this is the Grimm epitome of tragedy.
New Guy

It was going to be either Nick or Trubel who killed Juliette. When Nick couldn't do it, Trubel did the job for him. That was Nick's backup plan. There was never any intention of showing mercy to Juliette.

(08-05-2015, 10:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: It was going to be either Nick or Trubel who killed Juliette. When Nick couldn't do it, Trubel did the job for him. That was Nick's backup plan. There was never any intention of showing mercy to Juliette.
Hi Irukandji,
I doubt Nick had any plan for Juliette. He likely thought she was on the helicopter with Freddy and Diana. Juliette surprised (ambushed?) Nick and the rest is per the recap. The word "mercy" is from NBC's recap, and as a viewer that is what I saw.
Trubel cared about both Nick and Juliette. One could say Trubel carried out a "mercy killing" similar to when a Veterinarian puts down an animal. Nick had told Trubel to kill Juliette and Trubel heard Juliette ask Nick to "do it." Fortunately, Trubel has fast instinct in a life and death crisis.
New Guy

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - jsgrimm45 - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 02:25 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 10:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: It was going to be either Nick or Trubel who killed Juliette. When Nick couldn't do it, Trubel did the job for him. That was Nick's backup plan. There was never any intention of showing mercy to Juliette.
Hi Irukandji,
I doubt Nick had any plan for Juliette. He likely thought she was on the helicopter with Freddy and Diana. Juliette surprised (ambushed?) Nick and the rest is per the recap. The word "mercy" is from NBC's recap, and as a viewer that is what I saw.
Trubel cared about both Nick and Juliette. One could say Trubel carried out a "mercy killing" similar to when a Veterinarian puts down an animal. Nick had told Trubel to kill Juliette and Trubel heard Juliette ask Nick to "do it." Fortunately, Trubel has fast instinct in a life and death crisis.
New Guy
I have always thought that Trubel showed up a Nick's because where else was going. I also believe Trubel had the crossbow for Chavez and only used it to protect Nick. Like you said as far as the Scooby's knew Juliette was with the King. No planning just happened.

(08-05-2015, 03:36 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 02:25 PM)New Guy Wrote:
Hi Irukandji,
New Guy
I have always thought that Trubel showed up a Nick's because when else was going. I also believe Trubel had the crossbow for Chavez and only used it to protect Nick. Like you said as far as the Scooby's knew Juliette was with the King. No planning just happened.

This is one time I disagree with you. The way things went down, I thought Nick and Truble set it up. He thought he might not be able to do it, so he had Truble as back up.