Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 09-03-2020

(09-02-2020, 04:45 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Juliette's abduction and brainwashing by a covert agency of the US federal government would likely have negated any possibility of her ever being prosecuted for anything she did in S04. Eve's resulting new "purpose" in life was probably the equivalent of a "community service" life sentence.

In my opinion, it would have been highly unlikely that anyone would have seen Juliette again after she was kidnapped by HW.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 09-03-2020

(09-02-2020, 04:45 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Juliette's abduction and brainwashing by a covert agency of the US federal government would likely have negated any possibility of her ever being prosecuted for anything she did in S04. Eve's resulting new "purpose" in life was probably the equivalent of a "community service" life sentence.
I still would have preferred the Nikita model be used for Juliette.  Arrested, convicted, put to death and at the last minute, given the choice to live in servitude to her country like all the members of the agency Nikita & Co. were in.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 09-04-2020

I liked it more that this organization HW control the vengeful Juliette, killing her.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 09-04-2020

(09-04-2020, 02:57 PM)brandon Wrote: I liked it more that this organization HW control the vengeful Juliette, killing her.
Are you saying you would have prefered if they did kill Juliette off?  if so, me too.  I used the Nikita example as a compromise, once the creative team chose to keep her alive.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-07-2020

The problem with the Nikita model is that hexenbiest Juliette, unlike Nikita, would have had the ability to overpower just about any threat HW could have made against her unless her powers were suppressed through drugs or other means. So in order to let her loose she first had to have her brain thoroughly washed in some way or another. So they "reordered" her mind to create Eve, a personality that was singularly focused on carrying out HW missions. Unlike Trubel, who had an apartment under the name "Lauren Cole," Eve apparently spent every moment that she was not out doing HW's bidding holed up in their undergound bunker, unseen by anyone that HW didn't send her out to contact, either as allies or targets. So in that respect, "Juliette" was never seen again, although we really don't know who or what she ended up becoming after the series finale.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 09-07-2020

(09-07-2020, 11:03 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The problem with the Nikita model is that hexenbiest Juliette, unlike Nikita, would have had the ability to overpower just about any threat HW could have made against her unless her powers were suppressed through drugs or other means. So in order to let her loose she first had to have her brain thoroughly washed in some way or another. So they "reordered" her mind to create Eve, a personality that was singularly focused on carrying out HW missions. Unlike Trubel, who had an apartment under the name "Lauren Cole," Eve apparently spent every moment that she was not out doing HW's bidding holed up in their undergound bunker, unseen by anyone that HW didn't send her out to contact, either as allies or targets. So in that respect, "Juliette" was never seen again, although we really don't know who or what she ended up becoming after the series finale.
Obviously, the same process they used to convince Nikita to conform to their agency could not be used on Juliette.  What I meant was to use the Nikita model on how to deal with Juliette's prosecution for her crime for getting Kelly killed, not the part of the brainwashing HW used on Juliette.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-08-2020

The prosecution itself would be impossible. One look at Juliette in the state she was in at the time Meisner was depicted beginning the process of creating Eve and any judge would rule her incompetent to stand trial. She would then be confined to some mental facility under court supervision and out of HW's reach for reprogramming purposes.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - rpmaluki - 09-09-2020

I think with the whole BC/HW storyline, this would have been the perfect opportunity to expand the wesen council (with both wesen and human members who know of wesen) that polices crimes known to be perpetuated by wesen that could not be handled by the normal courts, having equal authority as the regular courts, similarly to the ICC for instance. You have individual state courts with jurisdiction over crimes perpetuated by humans, but this other Wesen court would have the authority to deal with something like Juliette's situation but also have means to exact justice where prison bars were ineffectual. Then you can have Juliette tried and sentenced but then given a second chance to give back by serving the "state" much like Nikita. It would be a choice given her and not forced upon her like we saw. She would probably still go through the deep conditioning because of how wild and violent her hexenbiest was, unfortunately there's no way around that.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 09-10-2020

Juliette's -Hexenbiest- situation is very different. I like see Juliette dead and Eve live.
Juliette was not born "Wesen".
Rosalee got surprised for Juliette " Hexenbiest".
I consider that Catherine's rejection of her daughter was not just for becoming a human.
Monroe's friend was prejudiced- Angelina-.
Although she also received his punishment.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Robyn - 09-13-2020

(09-09-2020, 12:16 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think with the whole BC/HW storyline, this would have been the perfect opportunity to expand the wesen council (with both wesen and human members who know of wesen) ......

-------------------------------
I would have been content with a minor side story of scattered council affiliates coming together to combat the BC insurgence behind the scenes.  Alexander could have been a liaison between Rosalee and those surviving affiliates, gathering & sharing intel.

While I liked everything about The Royals storyline, I particularly enjoyed that it expanded the Grimmverse beyond the confines of Team Nick in Portland.  Although scattered bits, The Royals and The Resistance provided an broader depiction of the Grimm world than standalone monster-of-the-week episodes could. 

And it didn’t hurt that whoever was in charge of casting did an excellent job selecting actors for those side-story roles.  I loved Alexis Denisof as Viktor, but Nico Evers-Swindell’s wicked portrayal of Kenneth curdled by blood.