Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 06:56 AM)brandon Wrote: In my opinion, Nick had no duty to Eve when he found out that Juliette  was alive.
It was such a relief to everyone that HW took care of Juliette.
There are cases of depressed, alcoholic, suicidal people in which it is not enough that you love that person.they don't listen to good advice from friends and relatives and  do not happen in all cases.

Well, I suppose there are those characters who really enjoyed knowing Juliette was getting the crap kicked out of her so she could become Eve.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Tish - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 09:52 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 06:56 AM)brandon Wrote: In my opinion, Nick had no duty to Eve when he found out that Juliette  was alive.
There are cases of depressed, alcoholic, suicidal people in which it is not enough that you love that person.they don't listen to good advice from friends and relatives and  do not happen in all cases.

Well, I suppose there are those characters who really enjoyed knowing Juliette was getting the crap kicked out of her so she could become Eve.
Honestly -- I saw it as payback for Burning down the trailer, attempting to shoot Monroe, threatening baby Kelly in uetero, and enabling the murder of Mama Kelly.  So yeah she got the crap kicked outta her...but did she learn from it?  She learned how to compartmentalize things to the point that she refused to take responsibility for her actions.  At least she learned that she couldn't act like an out of control nutjob.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 12:55 PM)Tish Wrote:

Honestly -- I saw it as payback for Burning down the trailer, attempting to shoot Monroe, threatening baby Kelly in uetero, and enabling the murder of Mama Kelly.  So yeah she got the crap kicked outta her...but did she learn from it?  She learned how to compartmentalize things to the point that she refused to take responsibility for her actions.  At least she learned that she couldn't act like an out of control nutjob.

I take it you don't believe the characters forgave her then?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Tish - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 03:30 PM)irukandji Wrote:

I wasn't talking about the characters forgiving her -- I was talking about justice.  I think they forgave her...because otherwise they would not have been able to work with her.  But forgiveness doesn't negate justice.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 08-17-2020

(08-17-2020, 03:55 PM)Tish Wrote:

I wasn't talking about the characters forgiving her -- I was talking about justice.  I think they forgave her...because otherwise they would not have been able to work with her.  But forgiveness doesn't negate justice.
In my book, justice would have been served with Eve, Juliette of what we ended with, what I called, Evette, was her buried, in the HW compound, next to Kelly.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-18-2020

(08-17-2020, 03:55 PM)Tish Wrote:

I don't understand your meaning then. If the characters forgave her, what need would there be for justice then?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 08-29-2020

I believe in the justice of the humans,not divine justice.
Eve had to continue with her life as an agent of HW.
The most important thing is that one must love oneself and if others do not accept one, it does not matter.
I did not see that Juliette accepted herself.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 08-29-2020

(08-29-2020, 08:03 AM)brandon Wrote: I believe in the justice of the humans,not divine justice.
Eve had to continue with her life as an agent of HW.
The most important thing is that one must love oneself and if others do not accept one, it does not matter.
I did not see that Juliette accepted herself.

In reply to some loop-di-loop contributors.  Not you brandon.  
Here is a thought.  Forgiveness is not justice! 

Some convicted murders get forgiven by their victims survivors, they still stay in jail.  Juliette might have been forgiven but she was still, possibly guilty.  She was never prosecuted for it.   Having an opinion of her not being guilty does not make up for the lack of a prosecution, to determine if she was guilty or not.

If some are unable to comprehend this, they shouldn't be surprised for them having the inability to have an adult conversation with.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-02-2020

Juliette's abduction and brainwashing by a covert agency of the US federal government would likely have negated any possibility of her ever being prosecuted for anything she did in S04. Eve's resulting new "purpose" in life was probably the equivalent of a "community service" life sentence.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 09-02-2020

Very good opinion.
Also I don't think jail was enough for Juliette " Hexenbiest".Better dead.
It was the best in this case: Eve