Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-07-2020

Um....no, you didn't call out issues with my logic. The question was whether Nick would tell Kelly about his weakness, not whether Nick is a dumb cop or not, and certainly not what I wanted for Juliette. Do you see it now?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Tish - 08-07-2020

(08-07-2020, 07:16 AM)irukandji Wrote: Um....no, you didn't call out issues with my logic. The question was whether Nick would tell Kelly about his weakness, not whether Nick is a dumb cop or not, and certainly not what I wanted for Juliette. Do you see it now?
I explained why I thought that Nick would tell his son the good the bad and the ugly.  You still haven't explained why you thought he wouldn't -- so I took a leap in logic (please excuse me for doing so -- I apologize for that) and assumed (and yes I know what they say out of assumptions -- let's go with that) that you had decided that even after all the history that was written down -- that he wouldn't continue doing that and would just gloss over his weaknesses -- when he knows that his son won't understand his strengths without understanding his weaknesses.  They are two sides of the same coin.

I didn't 'gloss' over anything. I had and continue to have every intention of answering your post. I only stopped the thread to ask you a question, 'Can you please refrain from posting garbage like this?'. I gave the example of the offending excerpt from your post. All I was looking for was a yes or a no. That's it. I didn't expect an apology, nor a statement that you were going to quit posting, much less for you to retract your statement by indicating you didn't know if you made it personal. 

So, let's start over here, because this is getting way out of hand. Can we just continue with the discussion and leave off any comments about what I think or what I want. Okay?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Tish - 08-07-2020

(08-07-2020, 07:53 AM)irukandji Wrote: I didn't 'gloss' over anything. I had every intention of answering your post. I only stopped the thread to ask you a question, 'Can you please refrain from posting garbage like this?'. I gave the example of the offending post. All I was looking for was a yes or a no. I didn't expect an apology, much less for you to retract it by stating you didn't know if you made it personal. 

So, let's start over here, because this is getting way out of hand. Can we just continue with the discussion and leave off any comments about what I think or what I want. Okay?
Please -- let's discuss.

Great!

Tish wrote: .......Because in the world that they live in, you can have all the good information -- but he's smart enough to realize that the bad and the ugly also make a component of the good and help to make the good that much more enjoyable...and better for all concerned.  The bad and the ugly have a lot of times the needed information to get to the good. 

I have cut out all of the personal references as they have no bearing on our discussion.

First, I don't think weakness is a bad or ugly thing. You are right. Sometimes weakness is needed in order to get to that next step. However, that's me. We are talking about Grimm and it's the end of the world as the characters know it, should Nick fail. They can fail, and are no doubt are prepared for that. But in their eyes, Nick cannot. I think the last thing any of these characters want to read is Nick throwing down the stick, admitting defeat, and so mother and aunt ghosts must surface to the rescue.  

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 08-08-2020

(08-06-2020, 06:45 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 06:04 AM)Tish Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 05:20 AM)irukandji Wrote: May I ask you a question, Tish?
Why not?  I have not issues answering -- as long as you have no issues with the answers.

Can you please refrain from posting garbage like this?

I have finally figured it out.  You think that Nick is a dumb cop who should  not have had the lead in the show because he wasn't to the level of enlightenment that you thought he should be.  Which is to let Juliette walk all over him and grind him into the ground for things that may or may not have been done to her.  You want her absolved of responsibility for any actions that she took that may or may not have led up to the situation where she took reversal spell that turned her into a hexenbiest.

Let me continue for just a moment.

By your own admission, you have read through various threads on the forum. By now, you would know my position on Nick. Aside from that, you yourself seemed to have no issue with posters being invested in a secondary character. I believe you stated you felt that more interesting.

Rather than focusing on what I think or what I want, or even what I'm trying to get at, can we just drop whatever trouble this paragraph is trying to start and continue with the discussion?
After reading all of your postings and claiming how you would do housework while enjoying the Grimm's musical score, instead of watching the actual TV Show, like the rest of us.  Yea, you deleting that post didn't make it disappear.  You dare post such a comment above, about a new contributor "posting garbage"?

How dare you make such a comment after we had to read all your rants about scenes you created, dialogue that never took place, let alone all the challenges you were confronted with actual scripted facts about the show.  You never seceded your made up assumptions.  Not only on this forum but the few other forums some of us busted you on, you stalk.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-15-2020

(08-05-2020, 12:51 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: You could probably make an argument that Nick's decision to go into the mirror to try to recover Eve instead of just abandoning her was a "weakness" that enabled Z to cross over. And Nick certainly seemed to lose his resolve to fight once Z had managed to kill just about everyone he cared about.

The fact that it took the appearance of Kelly and Aunt Marie to bring Nick back to the fight is probably a lesson that nobody is an island and everybody needs help at sometime in their lives.

It could be looked upon as a weakness with a potentially fatal flaw. By the time season six rolls around, Nick has gained in terms of knowledge and in terms of being a Grimm. He's also has a diverse following of humans and wesen. He's also successfully managed to defeat a variety of wesen and humans. No doubt Nick looks upon himself as the one who can save the day, and so he enters the mirror dimension to save Eve without any real direction.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 08-15-2020

Alluding to the fact that it is a weakness that did such an action is like you were military.
Nick considered it his duty to go-is good men-.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-16-2020

(08-15-2020, 11:13 AM)brandon Wrote: Alluding to the fact that it is a weakness that did such an action is like you were military.
Nick considered it his duty to go-is good men-.

Nick's duty to Juliette/Eve should have occurred right after he found out she was still alive and had been severely altered. He should have been looking into HW practices and how they were going to use such a powerful hexenbiest. Instead, he was content to assume Juliette/Eve was going to be okay and be a soldier for HW. 

I get Eve/Juliette going into the portal. She was brainwashed and conditioned to be a soldier, and to go into dangerous territory. She's also one of the most powerful hexenbiests to come along, and this is a magical creature she's dealing with, compared to the devil and Satan.

Nick, was never conditioned to be a soldier acting on his own. He was not part of an army waiting on the other side for his guidance. He charged in after Eve/Juliette to a dimension he knows nothing about, with very little information, a gun, and a few bullets. I think it was due to Nick's own perception of himself. As I said in my previous post, he's been so successful, he figures he's going to easily win this battle.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 08-17-2020

In my opinion, Nick had no duty to Eve when he found out that Juliette was alive.
It was such a relief to everyone that HW took care of Juliette.
There are cases of depressed, alcoholic, suicidal people in which it is not enough that you love that person.they don't listen to good advice from friends and relatives and do not happen in all cases.