Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 05-11-2019

People also refer to a dead person as if he were alive.
They were adult adults, able to accept the bad as the good in his life.
There are also adults " children"..

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 05-11-2019

(05-11-2019, 08:46 AM)brandon Wrote: People also refer to a dead person as if he were alive.
They were adult adults, able to accept the bad as the good in his life.
There are also adults " children"..

Nick wasn't able to accept the bad as well as the good. In fact, if you look at what Nick does to change the bad, it's generally to put things back to the way they were. Look at the Renard/mayor thing. Nick wanted him back as the captain and so the captain he became. Nick wanted Adalind and his scoobies back post Z, so what did he do? Change things back to the way they were.

Nick doesn't look at change as a favorable thing. Otherwise, he would have changed his world with the stick to something better than the same old thing, 20 years later.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 05-11-2019

(05-10-2019, 11:30 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 08:11 PM)syscrash Wrote: But no the post are not fake, we just don't live or lives based on the dogma that most take on faith as being true.

It's not even that deep, syscrash. When a person such as this can't think on his own, the most he can do is get some cheap cyber thrill from what he believes is an effective attempt to disrupt threads.

As you can see, you've come back with discussion, brandon has come back with discussion, and I will be discussing the topic as well. No doubt some others will come in or start other threads on their own.

You just won't see that from him. Actually, I think that's probably a good thing for all of us.

When you have achieved the actual level of the meaning of the word, "discussion" I will let you know, since you have no clue of the meaning of the word. No where in its definition it encapsulates BS.

noun: discussion dis·cus·sion /dəˈskəSH(ə)n/

*the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.

*a conversation or debate about a certain topic.

*a detailed treatment of a particular topic in speech or writing.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - N_grimm - 05-11-2019

(05-05-2019, 03:18 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 02:15 PM)N_grimm Wrote: To quote the script from the Grimm-episodes doesn’t clarify when discussing a series based on these scripts? It’s better than pulling things out of thin air.
Oh stop with the pulling things out of thin air. It's all the same with you all who pull pieces of the script together to support your so called points. It never works and when anyone disagrees with you, then they're pulling things out of thin air.
No one is pulling things out of thin air. I said Adalind was a guest in Nick's house and simply because she screwed him, that doesn't all of the sudden make her a family member.

If you google “family”, this is the first definition you get: “a group consisting of two parents and their children living together as a unit”. Adaind was a family member.
According to your logic (not mine!), Juliette was a houseguest in season 1-4. She screwed Nick (you wording, not mine!) so she didn’t have to pay the rent when living in his house…

(05-05-2019, 02:15 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I guess it was these wicked creators again, hiding away the storyline. Having the hero’s «girlfriend» manipulate him for two seasons, without ever telling him or the audience. I guess Nick considered Adalind just a houseguest. When he told her he loved her, it was a lie. When he shouted to the ghost of his mother and aunt that he wanted Adalind back, it was a lie. When the powerful Hexenbiest Eve told Nick she could “feel” that Nick loved Adalind, she lied. When Adalind told Nick she loved him, she lied. And when Diana told Renard that Adalind loved Nick, Adalind lied to her daughter as well. Right?
Um.....perhaps you forgot? Nick went back in time so the "I love you" between him and Adalind never occurred. So yes, you could say those wicked creators hid whatever storyline was supposed to be coming out of that. Correct?

Please. Why do you keep repeating that absurd statement? Nick was sucked through a portal – he didn’t take the “I love you”- statement back. BTH, he also only told his son he loved him in the cabin minutes before he told Adalind. According to your logic, he took it back and probably never told him again. Nick being sucked true the portal didn’t change how he and Adalind felt for each other. Nick had literally gone true hell to get her back, so it was more than obvious that he told her again.

(05-04-2019, 09:10 AM)irukandji Wrote: No indication? Well, given that you have gone from blue to purple in the face twisting and denying the Nick-Adalind relationship, this is no surprise. Let me give you the clues anyway: Adalind and Nick say they love each other.

No, Nick took back his "I love you to Adalind" when he went back in time. So that never occurred.

(05-04-2019, 09:10 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick killes the devil to get Adalind back. He then removes her ring and declares Adalind, Diana and Kelly are his family. We then get the 20 years later scene, where we learn that Nick and Adalind are waiting for their children, while Kelly is signing the book with Kelly Burkhardt (not Kelly- Shade-Burkhardt). That was enough for the Grimm wiki to put Adalind as Nick’s wife.
You know, it's funny. You go to all of these great lengths to quote scripts, yet when I question the fact that there is nothing to show that Nick and Adalind are together 20 years later, you cry foul and talk about Grimm wiki?
BTW, Kelly's name would not have automatically changed from Kelly Schade-Burkhardt to Kelly Burkhardt *if* Adalind and Nick had married. He would always be Kelly Schade-Burkhardt unless *he* made the legal move to shorten his name.
With that, I will pose the question. Why would Kelly change his name to Kelly Burkhardt?

If Kelly grew up in a family where both his parents had the Burkhardt-name, it would be natural for him to only use that name. If his parents had different last-names, then it would be more natural for him to use both. He signed the Grimmbook Kelly Burkhardt.

The 20 years later scene had an important role to play – give the fans closure. Why is Diana referring to “mom”? Adalind never hunted wesen. Because they wanted to tell the viewers that Nick and Adalind were still together. Why did Kelly write in the Grimm book, and not Nick 20 years earlier? Because the writers wanted to tell the viewers that Kelly is a Grimm - following in Nick’s footsteps – and it’s a perfect ending to a show about fairytales to show the book closing. If you paid attention, Adalind’s stuff is also in the trailer– her witch hat for example. Why? That’s just another hint telling us that Nick and Adalind are living together as a family. We learn Diana is hunting wesen. Why? She’s 75% hexenbeist. That’s telling us that she was raised in the Nick/Adalind family, where Nick had an important influence on her. That scene, together with Nick telling Adalind he loved her, removing the ring, having Nick shout to his mom and aunt that he wants Adalind back, having Z refer to Kelly and Diana as “your (i.e. Nick’s) children” and having Nick refer to Adalind, Kelly and Diana as “my family” was MORE than enough for 99 percent of the viewers to conclude that Nick and Adalind are endgame. That why Grimm wiki has Adalind as Nick’s wife.

(05-08-2019, 02:54 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:We then get the 20 years later scene, where we learn that Nick and Adalind are waiting for their children
That is an assumption. Diana said mom and dad are waiting for us. Bias may lead you to believe she is referring to Nick and Adalind. But their are a number of possibilities. Because Diana made the statement it would have been said the same if she was referring to Adalind and Sean.

Why do you keep posting conspiracy theories? You may have noticed that Grimm was about Nick. This is from the Opening Theme for season 2: “There once was a man who lived a life so strange, it had to be true. […………] This is the life of a Grimm”. Renard was a supporting character that mostly served the role as a villain. Grimms had tried to stop the royals from getting the keys for hundreds of years. So, when Nick got his hands on the keys, the stick and finally the staff, you think the writers wanted to tell us that this was potentially in his hands the selfish backstabbing evil-doer Sean Renard – one of the Nick’s enemies? Not only that, but Nick’s son, would be hunting wesen together with his dad’s enemy - an almost 70 years old half-wesen? The whole point of the 20 years later scene was to give the fans closure. Nick was the hero of the show, so of source it was him Diana was referring to as “dad”.

(05-11-2019, 09:20 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick doesn't look at change as a favorable thing. Otherwise, he would have changed his world with the stick to something better than the same old thing, 20 years later.

I know you hate quotes, put please explain how this is consistent with what Kelly wrote in the Grimm book:

“And though the people of our world would never know how close they had come to hell on Earth, we knew, because he never turned away from who he was, a Grimm.
And for that reason, the world was changed”.
Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e13

(05-11-2019, 05:06 PM)N_grimm Wrote: If you google “family”, this is the first definition you get: “a group consisting of two parents and their children living together as a unit”. Adaind was a family member.
According to your logic (not mine!), Juliette was a houseguest in season 1-4. She screwed Nick (you wording, not mine!) so she didn’t have to pay the rent when living in his house…

I'll tell you what.....quote me the script line where Nick refers to Adalind as his family.

(05-05-2019, 02:15 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Please. Why do you keep repeating that absurd statement? Nick was sucked through a portal – he didn’t take the “I love you”- statement back. BTH, he also only told his son he loved him in the cabin minutes before he told Adalind. According to your logic, he took it back and probably never told him again. Nick being sucked true the portal didn’t change how he and Adalind felt for each other. Nick had literally gone true hell to get her back, so it was more than obvious that he told her again.

It's a funny thing between Nick and Adalind. She had no trouble telling him she loved him.....not real long after she moved in. So what did good old boy Nick say in return? Nothing, nada, he couldn't even acknowledge her statement. He didn't mind screwing her though and then telling Monroe he had sex with her.

So.....according to you, Nick doesn't have to tell Adalind he loves her because he went through hell for her. I see. So he didn't want the scoobies back, alive, or his precinct, or anyone. Just Adalind, right?

The point is, the scene never happened because Nick wanted to come back at a certain point in time. But again, I'll look at any script notes you care to share if you feel differently.

Finally, when does Adalind find out that Nick went though hell for her?

(05-05-2019, 02:15 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Nick killes the devil to get Adalind back. He then removes her ring and declares Adalind, Diana and Kelly are his family.

Nick brought the Z into the world. It's not just Adalind's life on the line, it's humanity. That's a bigger stake than just Adalind.

(05-05-2019, 03:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: If Kelly grew up in a family where both his parents had the Burkhardt-name, it would be natural for him to only use that name. If his parents had different last-names, then it would be more natural for him to use both. He signed the Grimmbook Kelly Burkhardt.

Kelly can't just change his name from Kelly Schade-Burkhardt to Kelly Burkhardt because he feels like signing it that way. It takes a legal name change. Adalind wanted his name to be Kelly Schade-Burkhardt for a reason and would have had it legally so when he was born.

I question what transpired between Kelly and his mother that he would take so drastic a measure. That had to be hurtful to her.

(05-05-2019, 02:15 PM)N_grimm Wrote: The 20 years later scene had an important role to play – give the fans closure. Why is Diana referring to “mom”? Adalind never hunted wesen. Because they wanted to tell the viewers that Nick and Adalind were still together. Why did Kelly write in the Grimm book, and not Nick 20 years earlier? Because the writers wanted to tell the viewers that Kelly is a Grimm - following in Nick’s footsteps – and it’s a perfect ending to a show about fairytales to show the book closing. If you paid attention, Adalind’s stuff is also in the trailer– her witch hat for example. Why? That’s just another hint telling us that Nick and Adalind are living together as a family. We learn Diana is hunting wesen. Why? She’s 75% hexenbeist. That’s telling us that she was raised in the Nick/Adalind family, where Nick had an important influence on her. That scene, together with Nick telling Adalind he loved her, removing the ring, having Nick shout to his mom and aunt that wants Adalind back, having Z refer to Kelly and Diana as “your (i.e. Nick’s) children” and having Nick refer to Adalind, Kelly and Diana as “my family” was MORE than enough for 99 percent of the viewers to conclude that Nick and Adalind are endgame. That why Grimm wiki has Adalind as Nick’s wife.

Funny, I thought the creative team said something about the ending being whatever fans wanted it to be.

As for Grimm wiki, I would think you would know better than to try and use that as an argument.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - N_grimm - 05-11-2019

(05-11-2019, 05:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: Finally, when does Adalind find out that Nick went though hell for her?

Hard to tell, but since it's her son telling the story, I guess she knows. You know what? Kelly is writing the story in the Grimm book. So if Kelly knows that his father told his mother that he loved her, how can Adalind not know?

(05-05-2019, 03:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: Kelly can't just change his name from Kelly Schade-Burkhardt to Kelly Burkhardt because he feels like signing it that way. It takes a legal name change. Adalind wanted his name to be Kelly Schade-Burkhardt for a reason and would have had it legally so when he was born.

I question what transpired between Kelly and his mother that he would take so drastic a measure. That had to be hurtful to her.

What are you taking about? My argument had nothing to do with his legal name. If Adalind is married to Nick and took his last name, why would she be hurt by Kelly using the Burkhardt name?

(05-05-2019, 03:18 PM)irukandji Wrote: Funny, I thought the creative team said something about the ending being whatever fans wanted it to be.

As for Grimm wiki, I would think you would know better than to try and use that as an argument.

Go back and read that interview. That's what K&G said when asked what happened to "the others", i.e. after answering questions about Nick, Adalind, Monroe, Rosalee, Kelly and Diana. They’ referring to Hank, Wu, Eve and Renard ........because it wasn't time to include everyone in the ending.

(05-11-2019, 06:32 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 05:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: Finally, when does Adalind find out that Nick went though hell for her?

Hard to tell, but since it's her son telling the story, I guess she knows. You know what? Kelly is writing the story in the Grimm book. So if Kelly knows that his father told his mother that he loved her, how can Adalind not know?

Who's talking about Nick telling Adalind that he loved her? I'm talking about your statement that Nick went through hell for Adalind as proof of his love for her. That is not correct. They were all dead before the ghosts came on the scene with Trubel. Nick was fighting for humanity at that point, not Adalind. It's only when the fight was over that he said he wanted her back. Hence, the time travel back to before it all happened.

If Nick relayed the story to young Kelly the way the audience sees it, then he never would have said he went through hell for Adalind. That would not have been the truth.

(05-11-2019, 06:32 PM)N_grimm Wrote: What are you taking about? My argument had nothing to do with his legal name. If Adalind is married to Nick and took his last name, why would she be hurt by Kelly using the Burkhardt name?

Kelly's got the Burkhardt name. He's Kelly Schade-Burkhardt. I assume if Adalind married Nick, she would be Adalind Schade-Burkhardt. What I am wondering is why Kelly would shorten his name to Kelly Burkhardt. He's not Kelly Burkhardt. He's Kelly Schade-Burkhardt. He can't shorten his name, even in a fantasy television series.

(05-11-2019, 06:32 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Go back and read that interview. That's what K&G said when asked what happened to "the others", i.e. after answering questions about Nick, Adalind, Monroe, Rosalee, Kelly and Diana. They’ referring to Hank, Wu, Eve and Renard ........because it wasn't time to include everyone in the ending.

I don't recall anyone stating that Nick married Adalind. As I recall there were at least two interviews where they said different things, which is really no different from any of the other interviews and stunts the creative team and the actors pulled during the series.

I agree with brandon. Whatever the viewers want to make of the ending, so be it.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - N_grimm - 05-12-2019

(05-11-2019, 11:58 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 06:32 PM)N_grimm Wrote:

Who's talking about Nick telling Adalind that he loved her? I'm talking about your statement that Nick went through hell for Adalind as proof of his love for her. That is not correct. They were all dead before the ghosts came on the scene with Trubel. Nick was fighting for humanity at that point, not Adalind. It's only when the fight was over that he said he wanted her back. Hence, the time travel back to before it all happened.

If Nick relayed the story to young Kelly the way the audience sees it, then he never would have said he went through hell for Adalind. That would not have been the truth.

(05-11-2019, 06:32 PM)N_grimm Wrote: What are you taking about? My argument had nothing to do with his legal name. If Adalind is married to Nick and took his last name, why would she be hurt by Kelly using the Burkhardt name?

Kelly's got the Burkhardt name. He's Kelly Schade-Burkhardt. I assume if Adalind married Nick, she would be Adalind Schade-Burkhardt. What I am wondering is why Kelly would shorten his name to Kelly Burkhardt. He's not Kelly Burkhardt. He's Kelly Schade-Burkhardt. He can't shorten his name, even in a fantasy television series.

(05-11-2019, 06:32 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Go back and read that interview. That's what K&G said when asked what happened to "the others", i.e. after answering questions about Nick, Adalind, Monroe, Rosalee, Kelly and Diana. They’ referring to Hank, Wu, Eve and Renard ........because it wasn't time to include everyone in the ending.

I don't recall anyone stating that Nick married Adalind. As I recall there were at least two interviews where they said different things, which is really no different from any of the other interviews and stunts the creative team and the actors pulled during the series.

I agree with brandon. Whatever the viewers want to make of the ending, so be it.

When I respond to something, you consistently turn around and pretend my statements is about something completely different. You claimed Nick took the “I love you”– statement back, that he never told Adalind.

This is what you said:
(05-11-2019, 05:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: So.....according to you, Nick doesn't have to tell Adalind he loves her because he went through hell for her. I see. So he didn't want the scoobies back, alive, or his precinct, or anyone. Just Adalind, right?
The point is, the scene never happened because Nick wanted to come back at a certain point in time. But again, I'll look at any script notes you care to share if you feel differently.
Finally, when does Adalind find out that Nick went though hell for her?

If her son knows what happend, Adalind knows what happend! Instead of accepting that point, you pretend you never said it.

Only when Nick lost the ones he loved; he found the strength to fight Z. That was the whole point of the end. And I never said anything about Kelly shorten his last name, I explained the symbolism of Kelly signing the book Kelly Burkhardt. I explained this in the last post, but again, you ignore that and continue taking about legal names.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 05-12-2019

What wanted to say is that in life you have to accept bad things like good times.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 05-12-2019

(05-12-2019, 04:27 AM)N_grimm Wrote: When I respond to something, you consistently turn around and pretend my statements is about something completely different. You claimed Nick took the “I love you”– statement back, that he never told Adalind.

This is what you said:
(05-11-2019, 05:34 PM)irukandji Wrote: So.....according to you, Nick doesn't have to tell Adalind he loves her because he went through hell for her. I see. So he didn't want the scoobies back, alive, or his precinct, or anyone. Just Adalind, right?
The point is, the scene never happened because Nick wanted to come back at a certain point in time. But again, I'll look at any script notes you care to share if you feel differently. Finally, when does Adalind find out that Nick went though hell for her?

Nick killes the devil to get Adalind back. He then removes her ring and declares Adalind, Diana and Kelly are his family. We then get the 20 years later scene, where we learn that Nick and Adalind are waiting for their children, while Kelly is signing the book with Kelly Burkhardt (not Kelly- Shade-Burkhardt). That was enough for the Grimm wiki to put Adalind as Nick’s wife.

If her son knows what happend, Adalind knows what happend! Instead of accepting that point, you pretend you never said it.

You're assuming Kelly knows everything because Nick told him everything. I'm saying the only thing we know is what Kelly quoted at the end of the series:

Quote:But this time Zerstoerer did not come through the mirror anywhere in the world. Because in the final, epic battle with the terrible beast from the Other Place, Nick Burkhardt discovered that the only way to defeat such evil was with the strength of his blood, his Aunt Marie, his mother Kelly, and Trubel, his third cousin on his mother's side the power of our ancestors.

And though the people of our world would never know how close they had come to hell on Earth, we knew, because he never turned away from who he was, a Grimm.
And for that reason, the world was changed.

Some will say it's just myth, legend, or fairy tale, but I know it's true because my father told me so.

Kelly writes that Nick discovered the blood of the grimm and that allowed him to defeat evil. Well, in point of fact, Nick was going to give the shard to Z because he was so despondent over losing his little world. He was ready to sacrifice humanity because of his loss.

In point of fact, Nick didn't discover anything. It was Kelly and Marie who explained the power of the blood of the grimm and they, along with Trubel, assisted Nick in defeating the Z. Where's all of that in Kelly's narrative? Did Nick deliberately omit those facts from his story?

Nick's doubtfulness and lack of faith in himself are an important part of the story because they show just how human he is. Yet Kelly mentions nothing of them and instead glorifies the excerpt. Nick may have been completely honest with him. But then the question changes to why Kelly then made the decision to omit certain parts of the adventure. For that matter, I have to wonder why Nick would wait a quarter of a century before even relating the story to his son. I also wonder exactly what world change is Kelly referring to. Seems at the end of 20 years, things are no better if, as Diana points out, there are wesen to kill versus Nick being called to the scene to make that determination.

As for the name change, you were the one who brought it up with this quote:

Quote:Nick killes the devil to get Adalind back. He then removes her ring and declares Adalind, Diana and Kelly are his family. We then get the 20 years later scene, where we learn that Nick and Adalind are waiting for their children, while Kelly is signing the book with Kelly Burkhardt (not Kelly- Shade-Burkhardt). That was enough for the Grimm wiki to put Adalind as Nick’s wife.

I was responding by stating that Kelly could not simply change his name even *if* Adalind married Nick and changed hers to Adalind Burkhardt.

Quote:When I respond to something, you consistently turn around and pretend my statements is about something completely different. You claimed Nick took the “I love you”– statement back, that he never told Adalind.

Weren't you the one who, sometime back, talked about parallel universes and in the universe Nick left, everyone was still dead?

Even if your parallel universe theory is a correct one, Nick telling Adalind "I love you" didn't happen because he changed it all. So how/when would this statement have occurred?

I get that you're saying Nick's actions should speak louder than words, but I'm not sure what actions you see that reflect any kind of love for Adalind. Nick treats her the way he's always treated her. The only difference is she's now his bed buddy. Maybe that's an elevation in status in the Burkhardt household, but as far as doing anything special for her to show she has meaning in his life, I didn't see that. Even Adalind herself is lazy in that department. Aside from telling Nick she loves him and then removing her shirt to show she's willing to bed him, what has she done to show he's special? Not a lot if you consider how easily she went off to the mansion.

You say Nick went through hell for Adalind. The problem is, she isn't even aware of it because she's dead. This is why those three words from Nick to Adalind are so important. There is no other way to know these two really love each other.