Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Wessenrein - 08-03-2015

howevr, irukandji, remember the lady Renard sent Juliette to in order to try and get rid of her Hexenbeist, she said she accepted what she is and learned to control it, or something to that effect, plus, Elizabeth, Renard's mother, seems to have good control over her Hexenbeist.

So, I think it depends upon the person, Juliette not only embraced her beist, she did not want to control it, instead, she allowed it to control her. Even Adalind (and her mother) had a certain amount of control over their beists.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 07:03 AM)Wessenrein Wrote: howevr, irukandji, remember the lady Renard sent Juliette to in order to try and get rid of her Hexenbeist, she said she accepted what she is and learned to control it, or something to that effect, plus, Elizabeth, Renard's mother, seems to have good control over her Hexenbeist.

So, I think it depends upon the person, Juliette not only embraced her beist, she did not want to control it, instead, she allowed it to control her. Even Adalind (and her mother) had a certain amount of control over their beists.

So what does it mean to embrace a hexenbiest? For instance, when Renard's mother woges, is she embracing the hexenbiest? What about when she drafts up a spell and remains in human form? Is she embracing her hexenbiest then?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - jsgrimm45 - 08-03-2015

There several meaning to embrace so for this post I will be using include. A hexen is what they are there may be some like Josh Dad who didn't embrace his Grimm (we don't know how this work out in his life). There may be some hexen who try to go though life without using the power like his dad. We have to at least think that may be happening. What kind of problems that causes could be a thread for any wesen or Grimm who doesn't embrace the life given to them.

Just my option. In all lives there are thing have happen to us that we have to included or embrace we may not like them but now they are part of our lives. Trying to getting around these events without including them as now a part of our live experiences, well who can tell.

Only Juliette wasn't born a hexen she at first she didn't include this in her life my option this is why we end up the way we did. When Nick had problems accepting her she could have move on. Like I say it was in the script we the fans may not like that answer, but we are not the writers and can't see the plot line they are going for.

So for a born hexen there are what they are they have to include embrace this into their lives.

(08-03-2015, 10:01 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: There several meaning to embrace so for this post I will be using include. A hexen is what they are there may be some like Josh Dad who didn't embrace his Grimm (we don't know how this work out in his life). There may be some hexen who try to go though life without using the power like his dad. We have to at least think that may be happening. What kind of problems that causes could be a thread for any wesen or Grimm who doesn't embrace the life given to them.

Just my option. In all lives there are thing have happen to us that we have to included or embrace we may not like them but now they are part of our lives. Trying to getting around these events without including them as now a part of our live experiences, well who can tell.

Only Juliette wasn't born a hexen she at first she didn't include this in her life my option this is why we end up the way we did. When Nick had problems accepting her she could have move on. Like I say it was in the script we the fans may not like that answer, but we are not the writers and can't see the plot line they are going for.

So for a born hexen there are what they are they have to include embrace this into their lives.

So are you saying all hexenbiests embrace their hexenbiest side? I'm not sure I understand your meaning here, js.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - jsgrimm45 - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 10:08 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 10:01 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: There several meaning to embrace so for this post I will be using include. A hexen is what they are there may be some like Josh Dad who didn't embrace his Grimm (we don't know how this work out in his life). There may be some hexen who try to go though life without using the power like his dad. We have to at least think that may be happening. What kind of problems that causes could be a thread for any wesen or Grimm who doesn't embrace the life given to them.

So are you saying all hexenbiests embrace their hexenbiest side? I'm not sure I understand your meaning here, js.
Yes unless the are trying to live like Josh's dad. The all must include the hexen in their lives. That's just who they are so they must learn to live with it now what they do as a hexen is the question.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - New Guy - 08-03-2015

Hi Grimsters,

Here is how Merriam-Webster defines “embrace”

1: to hold someone in your arms as a way of expressing love or friendship
2: to accept (something or someone) readily or gladly
3: to use (an opportunity) eagerly

I believe this thread topic is asking about the 2nd definition. However I will let Judy Garland provide musical commentary on the 1st
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sepcDxEOYeI
What a lovely young lady, fabulous voice and graceful dancer! Every guy in the room wants to embrace her.

So when I compare that to 4.13, “Trial by Fire” the Bring it on Biest scene:
http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/bring-it-on-biest/2846813
I liked the Adalind vs Juliette fight. Very entertaining. However, the last part of the clip where Juliette shows Nick her new look is where the embrace me question begins.

In 4.14, “Bad Luck” the scene continues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6pmDRBPmaQ
Note that Juliette reveals she is involved with Renard (again). The NBC recap says, “She admits she turned to Captain Renard first for help and fills Nick in on her meetings with Henrietta, including her belief that Juliette's condition is permanent. Feeling shocked, and probably betrayed, Nick walks out.” Note the word “betrayed.”

Later the NBC recap reads “When Nick finally gets home, he tells Juliette that he spoke with Henrietta but he's not giving up. Juliette, however, isn't interested in what Nick has to say. She knows they can never go back to the way it was. When Nick protests, Juliette woges and asks Nick to kiss her. His inability to even look at her proves Juliette right.”

The bottom line, in my opinion, is Juliette wanted Nick to embrace her as a hexenbiest. She wanted him to kiss her. Some of these Forum posts say he should have kissed her. I believe Nick should have been honest with her and told her, ‘Juliette you are the one and only love of my life. My darling your kiss is sweeter to me than honey. I would kiss you right now but you have no lips. Darling, please un-woge, come to PaPa and embrace me you sweet embraceable you.’

It is too late now. You know how season 4 played out. So the tune for Juliette has become Ding Dong the Witch is DEAD!

Nick will figure out Renard’s part in the destruction of Juliette. There is an Animal’s tune for Nick to sing for Renard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpXPcnKWztU
I hope all this empowers Nick with his full Grimm potential and we get treated to a vengeance fight scene that leaves Renard absolutely annihilated.

New Guy

(08-03-2015, 10:16 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 10:08 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Yes unless the are trying to live like Josh's dad. The all must include the hexen in their lives. That's just who they are so they must learn to live with it now what they do as a hexen is the question.

Okay. This is what I think all hexenbiest do as well. That's why, in my opinion, Juliette is no different than Elizabeth, or Henrietta, or Adalind in terms of hexenbiest.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-04-2015

Quote:New Guy wrote:
The bottom line, in my opinion, is Juliette wanted Nick to embrace her as a hexenbiest. She wanted him to kiss her. Some of these Forum posts say he should have kissed her. I believe Nick should have been honest with her and told her, ‘Juliette you are the one and only love of my life. My darling your kiss is sweeter to me than honey. I would kiss you right now but you have no lips. Darling, please un-woge, come to PaPa and embrace me you sweet embraceable you.’

She embraced him as a Grimm, with all of the ugliness that brought into their lives. Why shouldn't he embrace her hexenbiest?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - jsgrimm45 - 08-05-2015

(08-04-2015, 02:17 PM)irukandji Wrote:
Quote:New Guy wrote:

She embraced him as a Grimm, with all of the ugliness that brought into their lives. Why shouldn't he embrace her hexenbiest?
This opens up a good debate point did she embraced Nick as a Grimm? This is I believe a very hard question to answer did Juliette understand Grimm's as group? She herself recoiled from Adalind at the house when Adalind woge wanting help getting back LBB.

She had been told by Henrietta that Grimm's and hexen don't do well together. Do we know the long history between Grimm's and hexen is there a reason that is so ingrained in a Grimm they and hexen can't find common "loving ground". That under some conditions they be able to work together, as with Elizabeth or even Adalind now.

That's why only Nick's son will make this work and for now Adalind hexen is suppressed this will could be why the writers used that. I could see some fans (even me) seeing a double standard reject Juliette and not Adalind that was there reason for the suppression potion. This takes the active hexen out of the picture doing away with the double standard.

Even time she talked to Nick she woge could she told Nick what had happen before the woge preparing Nick?

I don't think she ever grasped the full Grimm experience she had seen it but lack the full meaning. Really what human can really understand a Grimm?

Everyone has 20/20 hindsight after Nick talked to Henrietta he did try. But again we are rewriting the episode what happened was what was written we may can debate why but it changes nothing.

Just my 2 cents

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-05-2015

Quote:jsgrimm 45 wrote:
Really what human can really understand a Grimm?

Juliette did. She wouldn't have helped Nick to become a Grimm again if she didn't.

I think the real question here is why didn't Nick accept Juliette as a hexenbiest?