Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 04-27-2019

I think that would not have been good for any of them.
Adalind did not use any attraction spell in my opinion,just look like juliette.
I do not think anyone suspects that their partner is not so just for wanting to have sex...

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 04-27-2019

Would it have been possible for Juliette to manipulate herself into a good hexenbiest without all of the torture?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-27-2019

Juliette clearly either did not have or did not know how to use the ability to manipulate other peoples' emotional or mental processes. Even after she had become Eve, she only used telekinesis or magical forms of torture to force captured BC to give up information.

There was also no reason why Juliette had to become a "bad" hexenbiest before HW converted her into Eve. If she had had a different mindset about her transformation, if Nick and the scoobies had reacted differently to it or if Henrietta hadn't been killed, she could have turned out like Elizabeth, Henrietta or Adalind 2.0. Juliette turning evil and then coming back as Eve was Grimm's "jump the shark" plot turn.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 04-27-2019

I do not think so.
I would say that if Juliette had not locked herself up like that, maybe it would have been different.

(04-27-2019, 11:27 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: There was also no reason why Juliette had to become a "bad" hexenbiest before HW converted her into Eve. If she had had a different mindset about her transformation, if Nick and the scoobies had reacted differently to it or if Henrietta hadn't been killed, she could have turned out like Elizabeth, Henrietta or Adalind 2.0. Juliette turning evil and then coming back as Eve was Grimm's "jump the shark" plot turn.

Juliette's revenge was mainly directed at Nick, and in some ways, rightly so. Nick was never one to clearly state the reasons for some of his actions. For instance, the potion to restore Juliette to her former self. So I don't necessarily see her actions as evil. I also don't consider "Eve" a good character. She just went rogue.

(04-27-2019, 11:27 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Juliette clearly either did not have or did not know how to use the ability to manipulate other peoples' emotional or mental processes. Even after she had become Eve, she only used telekinesis or magical forms of torture to force captured BC to give up information.

There is a third choice: She had the power to influence but made the conscious choice not to use it.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 04-27-2019

This is the price some of you pay when you are being lead down a path that belongs in a Fan Creation thread, instead of here on a non related thread, since this 'manipulation skill" path and Juliette's path, is pure fantasy.

Juliette went down on a revenge path not a manipulative path. She was pissed of at what she thought was being rejected by Nick, based on his hatred for Hexenbiest. If anyone was paying attention to what was occurring on the screen, what manipulations did Juliette need to manipulate Nick?

Personalty, I think she was wrong, for thinking Nick would apply those same hate rules to the love of his life, since Nick kissed the ground she walked on. I bet, based on his characteristics, Nick would have taken her back even if she told him she screwed Sean.

After she moved in with Sean, she sure had no problem to get him to bang one out, Looked like to me, she had the "manipulation skill" down pact. How else did she manage to screw Sean as he is kicking her ass out to the curb and at the same time, she was able to get Sean to overcome his fear of "THE GRIMM".

Once Ken told her of the impending Adalind pregnancy and whom was gonna be the daddy, the last thing on her vengeful mind was manipulations.

What crock of shitz is all this manipulating Nick and the gang to get accepted? The last thing on her mind, if "SOME" were watching and paying attention was manipulating anyone from the gang. Am I the only one that recalls that final scene at the end of season 4 when Nick had the chance to kill Juliette and backed off. Watching that scene, what flocking manipulating skills did Juliette ever need to get to Nick?

No matter how much "SOME" are trying to re-write the script. Juliette was off the chart with pure vengeance. I am sure someone could still get revenge by manipulating the ones you want to get even with. But the Juliette character was not such an animal. You know why I know this? This is how the script was written.

(04-27-2019, 11:40 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not think so.
I would say that if Juliette had not locked herself up like that, maybe it would have been different.

Well, take a look at Adalind. Many here feel Catherine was a terrible mother, abandoning Adalind because she massively screwed up. If you feel Catherine was a terrible mother, then her relationship with Adalind goes deeper than abandonment. Catherine would have never bothered to teach Adalind the difference between good and evil. Adalind seems to confirm this to Rosalee when she reveals the control a hexenbiest exerts over its host. She's implying that the control is of an evil nature.

I wouldn't call Adalind a good witch, but her actions have softened into caring for her newborn. She's also distanced herself from intrigues involving the murder of others. So how did Adalind turn from the evil side to a docile houseguest?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 04-28-2019

I will say that you can be a good person but a bad mother.
Being a bad person does not mean did not learn how to care for a baby.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - N_grimm - 05-01-2019

(04-27-2019, 02:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: Well, take a look at Adalind. Many here feel Catherine was a terrible mother, abandoning Adalind because she massively screwed up. If you feel Catherine was a terrible mother, then her relationship with Adalind goes deeper than abandonment. Catherine would have never bothered to teach Adalind the difference between good and evil. Adalind seems to confirm this to Rosalee when she reveals the control a hexenbiest exerts over its host. She's implying that the control is of an evil nature.

Catherine Schade was a terrible mother – turning her back on her daughter when she was in a vulnerable situation – as a result of Adalind trying to please her and Renard. But she was also a hypocritical person/beast. She kicked out Adalind because Nick took her powers, but had considered giving them up herself (the way Adalind did later) when going through a difficult time. She was also completely unable to handle Grimms herself. Catherine seemed terrified when Nick stormed into her house and demanded to know where Adalind was (and she was of course killed by Kelly).

(04-27-2019, 02:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: I wouldn't call Adalind a good witch, but her actions have softened into caring for her newborn. She's also distanced herself from intrigues involving the murder of others. So how did Adalind turn from the evil side to a docile houseguest?

Adalind turned from an evil witch to Nick's girlfriend and important member of the Burkhardt-Schade-family. The only houseguest in season 6 was Eve.

Why did Adalind change? Partly because she became a mother, something that changed her perspective on life. Partly because she discovered she did not need to be evil and manipulating to survive. Nick showed her the kindness and respect she never experienced during her evil years (maybe except for the short time period Meisner helped her).

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 05-03-2019

I would say that a "Hexenbiest" would be the wild side of a person and has nothing to do with evil