Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 09-14-2017

Does anyone think Adalind was happy that her children technically became grimms at the end of the story?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - rpmaluki - 09-14-2017

(09-14-2017, 04:34 AM)irukandji Wrote: Does anyone think Adalind was happy that her children technically became grimms at the end of the story?
I don't see why not. Kelly is half Grimm so it was practically expected and a done deal once he he got his Grimm sight (which I assume happened) and Diana is better off not not being used by the likes of BC or even her royal family to take over the world or as a womb on two legs for the likes of Z. If Sean is truly on the "right" side, he wouldn't have issues either since he wasn't happy with her penchant for killing all willy nilly/throwing deadly tantrums because she didn't get what she wanted, he has as much say over Diana's upbringing as Adalind at this stage.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 09-14-2017

It could be that Kelly could see the "Wesen" still very young. Counting on having genes "Wesen".
It seems like "Wesen" and "GRIMM woman" develops before a "GRIMM male".

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 04-25-2019

Henrietta manipulated Nick just where she wanted him and then proceeded to warn him that Juliette would be even more powerful. If Juliette embraced the hexenbiest as speculated, then why didn't she simply manipulate everyone around her?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-25-2019

Maybe Renard/Jack killed Henrietta before she got to that lesson?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 04-26-2019

I don't think the art of manipulation was something Henrietta or even Elizabeth could teach Juliette. Juliette would have already had some manipulation tactics as a result of living with Nick. She would have had to. Sometimes it takes some manipulation in order to get along as a couple. I don't say that as a bad thing because Nick would have developed manipulation tactics of his own as the result of living with her.

Your statement does raise some interesting questions. For one, do hexenbiests 'teach' one another? If I look at Catherine and Adalind's relationship, I would tend to say yes. Adalind knew exactly where Catherine's magic book, hat, and cauldron were and the uses for each. Henrietta seemed like she might have been willing to teach Juliette a thing or two about what it takes to be a hexenbiest.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 04-26-2019

I think Nick would not tell Juliette everything about his life but I do not consider that manipulation.Nor in another sense.
Also if juliette had tried something like henriette would have gone wrong.
With someone known and tried to kiss her, very bad.
Catherine and Adalind were mother and daughter, very natural to teach her.
There could be other hexenbiest with the interest to teach and patience.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-26-2019

The manipulation Henrietta demonstrated to Nick went way beyond normal emotional or sexual, it was magic. We know from the existence of the zaubertrank books that hexenbiests need instructions for at least some of their powers, we just don't know how much.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 04-27-2019

If someone could manipulate you like that, you would be with he or she?
Although there are enough manipulative people around the world without needing to have magical powers.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 04-27-2019

(04-26-2019, 08:58 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The manipulation Henrietta demonstrated to Nick went way beyond normal emotional or sexual, it was magic. We know from the existence of the zaubertrank books that hexenbiests need instructions for at least some of their powers, we just don't know how much.

Nick reacted outrageously as the result of the muse's kiss and that was not magic. That was simply the chemical makeup of the muse, part of her.

All Henrietta did was entice Nick into desiring her. I see that as part of her nature rather than some complex magical spell. I believe Adalind did exactly the same thing to Nick when she lured him into bed. The spell to change into Juliette was the magical part. The rest was Adalind's natural ability to lure.

(04-27-2019, 06:15 AM)brandon Wrote: If someone could manipulate you like that, you would be with he or she? Although there are enough manipulative people around the world without needing to have magical powers.

I think that would absolutely be the case.

It makes me wonder that, if Juliette had such power, why not manipulate her way into Nick and the scoobies' hearts versus antagonizing them? With such power, she could have charmed her way out of getting into trouble for burning the trailer. The spice shop scene could have been a completely different scenario where Juliette could make the scoobies believe that a potion wasn't necessary.