Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 09-13-2017

(09-13-2017, 07:08 PM)brandon Wrote: To not do "Woge" before human normal, was to protect the community "Wesen". They respected it not because it was a law.
Monroe never mentions ate humans or pig but a grandfather-season 1×02-.

It was a wesen council law, which wesen either chose to abide by, or ignore. The United States had no such law.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - wesen - 09-13-2017

Quote:No, it's not. You said, "That's like saying that if Rosalee really loved Monroe, she should accept and encourage him to embrace everything about being a blutbad, including hunting down and eating humans." Rosalee never said any such thing to Monroe.

That was in response to this comment of yours:

Quote:In the other thread you wrote how Nick started seeing Adalind as more than just the mother to his son. Well, what exactly is Nick seeing? Just what he wants to see? Shouldn't a big part of what he sees include her hexenbiest heritage? If this is the great and wonderful union that produced a hybrid son, why should Adalind have to shy away?

I didn't write that Rosalee said those words. I wrote 'that's LIKE SAYING'...it was a hypothetical situation. Please learn to comprehend what you read next time.

Quote:I have a feeling that if he was a typical blutbad who went after a human now and then, she probably wouldn't say a thing about it. She certainly never brought it up while they were together, so apparently it was of little importance to her. However, it was never going to be an issue because he was a reformed vegetarian before he ever met her.

That's once again your 'feeling' aka interpretation, which shows a complete lack of understanding of the actual character in the show. Rosalee has always been shown to be a kind caring person, and she chose to help Nick fight wesen who attacked/killed humans even before she got together with Monroe. She was also against Black Claw, even though she could just as easily have supported their pro wesen cause. So why on earth would you even think/believe that Rosalee wouldn't have minded Monroe acting like a traditional blutbad and killing a few humans here and there? First off, her life would be in danger as well seeing as traditional blutbad also seem to hunt other wesen. They would never have even ended up together. Second, Rosalee doesn't mention much of Monroe's past because she has a dodgy past as well.

Quote:Next, you said Adalind controlled her hexenbiest nature because she wanted to be a better person. Adalind controlled her hexenbiest nature to prove that the suppression potion would work, not because she wanted to be a better person. She wanted the scoobies to trust her. Developing a suppression potion to help Juliette was her way of gaining their trust.

You're getting confused again. Adalind did stifle her hexenbiest powers by drinking the potion, but that has nothing to do with what I wrote about Adalind choosing to control her hexenbiest powers in order to become a better person like Monroe. I was referring to the time when Adalind eventually regained her powers as a hexenbiest. She controlled her powers even though she was a hexenbiest again in order to use them only for good, rather than for evil.

Quote:I wouldn't say the show always emphasizes that not controlling the wesen side will always lead to negative consequences. I thought the show was about Nick's effects on the criminal element. It seemed to me the only time wesen really woged was when they saw him.

Yes it does. Because the wesen who are shown to embrace their inner beast without any form of control always eventually end up attacking/killing humans and Nick has to resort to his Grimm powers in order to take them down. Even the mirror world is portrayed as a 'hell' of sorts because the wesen in that world have fully embraced their wesen nature and are acting on their urges rather than their humanity.

Quote:Going back to Monroe and Rosalee, they didn't woge in front of an audience. They had too much respect for the wesen council. But I don't recall them using a lot of restraint in woging when it came to helping Nick.

Yes, because they only used their wesen powers for good, to help Nick, they didn't allow their wesen natures to control them. They basically acted like normal humans in their day to day activities. They cherished/respected their traditions, just as long as they were ones that wouldn't cause harm to anyone else.

Quote:Why does Nick have to "accept" Adalind becoming a hexenbiest again? She didn't have to "accept" him becoming a grimm again.

(09-13-2017, 05:14 PM)wesen Wrote: The difference is that Adalind, as a hexenbiest, actively tried to destroy Nick because he was a grimm. In contrast, Nick was always in controll of his grimm nature. That's how he was able to befriend wesen, and why he's not considered a traditional grimm. He also never tried to hunt Adalind down and kill her even though he had many opportunities, as well as good reasons, to do so.

I don't get how this explains why Nick has to accept Adalind becoming a hexenbiest again, but yet she doesn't have to accept him becoming a grimm again.

Being a hexenbiest is her heritage. It shouldn't be Nick's decision whether or not to accept that. It's the way it is. She can't change that any more than he can change being a grimm.

(09-13-2017, 07:35 PM)irukandji Wrote:
Quote:Why does Nick have to "accept" Adalind becoming a hexenbiest again? She didn't have to "accept" him becoming a grimm again.

(09-13-2017, 05:14 PM)wesen Wrote: The difference is that Adalind, as a hexenbiest, actively tried to destroy Nick because he was a grimm. In contrast, Nick was always in controll of his grimm nature. That's how he was able to befriend wesen, and why he's not considered a traditional grimm. He also never tried to hunt Adalind down and kill her even though he had many opportunities, as well as good reasons, to do so.

Adalind never tried to destroy Nick. She went after Marie and that was at Renard's order. It was Nick who destroyed Adalind by taking her powers away.

But even at that, I don't get how this explains why Nick has to accept Adalind becoming a hexenbiest again, but yet she doesn't have to accept him becoming a grimm again.

Being a hexenbiest is her heritage. It shouldn't be Nick's decision whether or not to accept that. It's the way it is. She can't change that any more than he can change being a grimm.
Adalind was under the orders of Renard, but she still did a lot of things that caused harm to Nick and his loved ones. Look, it doesn't matter about the specifics, in the end they ended up accepting each other's powers, and decided to settle down and live together as a family with Diana and Kelly, despite being a grimm and hexenbiest. Why is this even an argument? Adalind wanted to control her hexenbiest powers because she didn't want it to control her. Nick had no decision in that. Whether he accepted her or not, she was still a hexenbiest in the end. It was Nick's choice to still love her and fully embrace both her human and hexenbiest side.

This was what you brought up.

I doubt you'll believe me, so go back and read my original statement and your response. None of this really had anything to do with the statement I made.

(09-13-2017, 08:09 PM)irukandji Wrote: This was what you brought up.

I doubt you'll believe me, so go back and read my original statement and your response. None of this really had anything to do with the statement I made.

This was the original quote I replied to:
Quote:it's not only misdeeds. In the other thread you wrote how Nick started seeing Adalind as more than just the mother to his son. Well, what exactly is Nick seeing? Just what he wants to see? Shouldn't a big part of what he sees include her hexenbiest heritage? If this is the great and wonderful union that produced a hybrid son, why should Adalind have to shy away? Juliette/Eve gets criticized for embracing the hexenbiest, like it's some form of cancer because she does so whenever she wants. Adalind doesn't embrace it like Eve does, and so all she's praised for is how great she gets along with Nick, like that's all she's good for. Hexenbiests are not entire evil walking amongst the innocent. Adalind shouldn't be have to practice restraint. She should be able to utilize her hexenbiest whenever she so chooses. All I'm saying is it appears she shies away from it because it seems she's in an environment which consists of Nick and the kids, who appear to disapprove of her being a hexenbiest at all.

I, along with several other posters, have addressed some of your points:

1) Nick has accepted and fully embraced Adalind as a hexenbiest at the end of the series.

2) Adalind does not shy away from her powers in the end, rather she chose to control them instead of allowing them to control her.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 09-13-2017

(09-13-2017, 08:04 PM)wesen Wrote:

Adalind never tried to destroy Nick. She went after Marie and that was at Renard's order. It was Nick who destroyed Adalind by taking her powers away.

But even at that, I don't get how this explains why Nick has to accept Adalind becoming a hexenbiest again, but yet she doesn't have to accept him becoming a grimm again.

Adalind was under the orders of Renard, but she still did a lot of things that caused harm to Nick and his loved ones. Look, it doesn't matter about the specifics, in the end they ended up accepting each other's powers, and decided to settle down and live together as a family with Diana and Kelly, despite being a grimm and hexenbiest. Why is this even an argument? Adalind wanted to control her hexenbiest powers because she didn't want it to control her. Nick had no decision in that. Whether he accepted her or not, she was still a hexenbiest in the end. It was Nick's choice to still love her and fully embrace both her human and hexenbiest side.

So wesen, after reading your encyclopedic replying posts, have you begun banging your head on the wall yet?

(09-13-2017, 08:19 PM)wesen Wrote:

Quote:it's not only misdeeds. In the other thread you wrote how Nick started seeing Adalind as more than just the mother to his son. Well, what exactly is Nick seeing? Just what he wants to see? Shouldn't a big part of what he sees include her hexenbiest heritage? If this is the great and wonderful union that produced a hybrid son, why should Adalind have to shy away? Juliette/Eve gets criticized for embracing the hexenbiest, like it's some form of cancer because she does so whenever she wants. Adalind doesn't embrace it like Eve does, and so all she's praised for is how great she gets along with Nick, like that's all she's good for. Hexenbiests are not entire evil walking amongst the innocent. Adalind shouldn't be have to practice restraint. She should be able to utilize her hexenbiest whenever she so chooses. All I'm saying is it appears she shies away from it because it seems she's in an environment which consists of Nick and the kids, who appear to disapprove of her being a hexenbiest at all.

1) Nick has accepted and fully embraced Adalind as a hexenbiest at the end of the series.

2) Adalind does not shy away from her powers in the end, rather she chose to control them instead of allowing them to control her.

Thanks for the update, but no need. I understood what you were saying.

One teeny, tiny little criticism. If you don't want to discuss a topic, don't add lots of lengthy posts to the discussion and then all of the sudden post questions like, "why is this even an argument"?

(09-13-2017, 08:25 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 08:04 PM)wesen Wrote:

So wesen, after reading your encyclopedic replying posts, have you begun banging your head on the wall yet?
hahaha, just about
[Image: banging-head-against-wall-gif-11.gif]

(09-13-2017, 08:47 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 08:19 PM)wesen Wrote:

Thanks for the update, but no need. I understood what you were saying.

One teeny, tiny little criticism. If you don't want to discuss a topic, don't add lots of lengthy posts to the discussion and then all of the sudden post questions like, "why is this even an argument"?
[Image: tenor.gif]

Well, I see the discussion has suddenly gotten silly.