Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - rpmaluki - 09-12-2017

In the end, they both used their hexenbiest as per necessity. Adalind didn't shy away from it. She did warn Diana though since she'd never seen her mother physically change but with everyone else Adalind didn't show any hesitation once she confessed to her powers returning.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 09-12-2017

(07-30-2015, 06:20 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Obviously, Juliette learned much too late that "embracing the Hexenbiest" also meant betraying your closest friends, snuggling up to loathsome sociopaths, becoming a complete skank, and...oh, right...playing a role in the decapitation of your fiancee's mother. She talked about being the "best Hexenbiest she could be" without having any real idea what that involved. It's a path leading only to evil, abandonment, desolation, and finally, death.

(07-31-2015, 12:05 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 09:15 AM)irukandji Wrote: A complete skank? In what way?

Really? Hunkering down with a sleazebag like Kenneth didn't make it obvious enough?

(07-31-2015, 01:54 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 01:03 PM)irukandji Wrote: Actually, no it didn't. I understand skank to have a different meaning than sleeping with a man.

A different meaning for you, perhaps. Sorry, but anyone who voluntarily sleeps with someone like Kenneth deserves to have that kind of label slapped on them.

Reading back on some of these threads and I come across this one post and makes me wonder….. well best I keep my wondering to myself, BUT:

Juliette is a skank not because she slept with two guys after she walked out of the house and Nick. She is a SKANK because she slept with two particular men, Sean, who was the guy that orchestrated the whole Adalind and her mother to fuck up Nick’s and her own life.

Second, Kenneth, not because he was disliked. Because his only purpose was, to kiss up to the king, by using her to kill Kelly and to get Diana back to his lord. I would have had more respect for her if she had shagged a couple of guys in the bar before she got arrested. It’s all about WHO she did it with, not WHAT she did! Capisce?

OMG, I am agreeing with Hexenadler!

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - New Guy - 09-12-2017

Hi Forum,
I likely posted these definitions previously, but for your reference, I queried http://www.dictionary.com:
Quote:skank
noun
1. a fast dance to reggae music
2. (slang) a promiscuous female
verb (intransitive)
3. to perform this dance
and,
Quote:promiscuous
adjective
1. characterized by or involving indiscriminate mingling or association, especially having sexual relations with a number of partners on a casual basis.
2. consisting of parts, elements, or individuals of different kinds brought together without order.
3. indiscriminate; without discrimination.
4. casual; irregular; haphazard.
You can post your opinions. If you are familiar with "Breaking Bad" you may recall a scene where two drug addicts are arguing because he calls her a "skank." She kills him by crushing his head with an ATM he stole. It seems even low life females do not like to be called "skank," even if they epitomize the word.
N G

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 09-12-2017

(09-12-2017, 05:41 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: In the end, they both used their hexenbiest as per necessity.

But is that all it is with hexenbiests? Just necessity? I was thinking that there is a heritage to these witches. Many of them were skilled healers. I didn't care for Catherine, but she seemed to know her stuff when it came to bringing Juliette out of her coma. Adalind seems to deal with her hexenbiest differently. She almost seems embarrassed by it.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - rpmaluki - 09-13-2017

(09-12-2017, 03:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 05:41 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: In the end, they both used their hexenbiest as per necessity.

But is that all it is with hexenbiests? Just necessity? I was thinking that there is a heritage to these witches. Many of them were skilled healers. I didn't care for Catherine, but she seemed to know her stuff when it came to bringing Juliette out of her coma. Adalind seems to deal with her hexenbiest differently. She almost seems embarrassed by it.
Nick is a grimm out of necessity. He doesn't go out of his way to hunt down wesen. He deals with them as they cross his path. Why should being a hexenbiest be any different if they so chose? Hexenette embraced everything about that and ended up exacting violence and mayhem of epic proportions and had to be forcibly dialed back in order to function. That's not the same thing as shying away from being a hexenbiest. Monroe and Rosalee don't walk around in full woge, none of the wesen do. The blutbad and fuchsbau comes out when they deem it necessary because someone is threatening those they love. Whatever embarrassment you're referring to is probably due to her past misdeeds. Both women are wary of what they did when they were at their worst as hexenbiests, Catherine had no compulsion to be good so her "conscience" was clear because she didn't really have any. Her treatment of Adalind upon losing her powers shows how emotionally detached/cold she was to even her own daughter. She was proud of what she was so no need to hesitate, shy away or be embarrassed by being a hexenbiest, especially when it gets her whatever she wants.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - dicappatore - 09-13-2017

(09-13-2017, 12:44 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:

Nick is a grimm out of necessity. He doesn't go out of his way to hunt down wesen. He deals with them as they cross his path. Why should being a hexenbiest be any different if they so chose? Hexenette embraced everything about that and ended up exacting violence and mayhem of epic proportions and had to be forcibly dialed back in order to function. That's not the same thing as shying away from being a hexenbiest. Monroe and Rosalee don't walk around in full woge, none of the wesen do. The blutbad and fuchsbau comes out when they deem it necessary because someone is threatening those they love. Whatever embarrassment you're referring to is probably due to her past misdeeds. Both women are wary of what they did when they were at their worst as hexenbiests, Catherine had no compulsion to be good so her "conscience" was clear because she didn't really have any. Her treatment of Adalind upon losing her powers shows how emotionally detached/cold she was to even her own daughter. She was proud of what she was so no need to hesitate, shy away or be embarrassed by being a hexenbiest, especially when it gets her whatever she wants.

Well, this is why I lost all respect for Juliette when she became a Hex. Her battle cry was that a Grimm would kill a Hex on site, if he had the chance. Meanwhile Juliette was a witness to Nick not killing Adalind, Henrietta and Elizabeth.

She was well aware that he had no ill feelings for those women. He was sort of, on guard, in their presence but he was never on the war path. If you go back to the Bee episode. He ended up protecting Adalind, asa Hex, let alone, let the Queen Bee kill her.

(09-13-2017, 03:21 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 12:44 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:

Well, this is why I lost all respect for Juliette when she became a Hex. Her battle cry was that a Grimm would kill a Hex on site, if he had the chance. Meanwhile Juliette was a witness to Nick not killing Adalind, Henrietta and Elizabeth.

She was well aware that he had no ill feelings for those women. He was sort of, on guard, in their presence but he was never on the war path. If you go back to the Bee episode. He ended up protecting Adalind, asa Hex, let alone, let the Queen Bee kill her.
Technically, he did have ill feelings towards Adalind at the time but he would put them aside. I can't say that Juliette overreacted initially when she thought of telling Nick the truth because that must cross any hexenbiest's mind when they think of a grimm. The problem is what happened after, Juliette not being able to reason that Nick would never hurt her and then projecting her own feelings to justify her actions against him. Nick loved her for years and why would he suddenly put killing her her at the top of his list when the woman he hated the most was still breathing? Adalind was able to calmly work through her fears because she didn't want to lose what she had and that was paltry in comparison to what Juliette had with Nick at the time of their confessions to being a hexenbiest (again in Adalind's case).

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 09-13-2017

(09-13-2017, 12:44 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Whatever embarrassment you're referring to is probably due to her past misdeeds.

No, it's not only misdeeds. In the other thread you wrote how Nick started seeing Adalind as more than just the mother to his son. Well, what exactly is Nick seeing? Just what he wants to see? Shouldn't a big part of what he sees include her hexenbiest heritage? If this is the great and wonderful union that produced a hybrid son, why should Adalind have to shy away? Juliette/Eve gets criticized for embracing the hexenbiest, like it's some form of cancer because she does so whenever she wants. Adalind doesn't embrace it like Eve does, and so all she's praised for is how great she gets along with Nick, like that's all she's good for. Hexenbiests are not entire evil walking amongst the innocent. Adalind shouldn't be have to practice restraint. She should be able to utilize her hexenbiest whenever she so chooses. All I'm saying is it appears she shies away from it because it seems she's in an environment which consists of Nick and the kids, who appear to disapprove of her being a hexenbiest at all.

(09-13-2017, 04:07 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 12:44 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Whatever embarrassment you're referring to is probably due to her past misdeeds.

No, it's not only misdeeds. In the other thread you wrote how Nick started seeing Adalind as more than just the mother to his son. Well, what exactly is Nick seeing? Just what he wants to see? Shouldn't a big part of what he sees include her hexenbiest heritage? If this is the great and wonderful union that produced a hybrid son, why should Adalind have to shy away? Juliette/Eve gets criticized for embracing the hexenbiest, like it's some form of cancer because she does so whenever she wants. Adalind doesn't embrace it like Eve does, and so all she's praised for is how great she gets along with Nick, like that's all she's good for. Hexenbiests are not entire evil walking amongst the innocent. Adalind shouldn't be have to practice restraint. She should be able to utilize her hexenbiest whenever she so chooses. All I'm saying is it appears she shies away from it because it seems she's in an environment which consists of Nick and the kids, who appear to disapprove of her being a hexenbiest at all.
You are right that she shouldn't practice restraint if that's her choice and nobody is making her do anything. If that's her choice, so be it. What I am arguing is that after confessing to the truth she hasn't shied away from what she is. Nick has seen her several times as a hexenbiest, he's asked her to perform a spell (6x02), she's offered to perform a spell (6x03). She's pulled the hexenbiest out for necessity (6x11 and 6x12), why else would otherwise? It's not like she spent every waking moment in hexenbiest mode even before she lost her powers and was a villain. She used her powers as per Renard's instruction and to taunt Nick.

You see shyness and restraint, I do not. I see someone who's now choosing to use her hexenbiest for the wellbeing of those she loves, that's not shyness or restraint in my book. Adalind will always have her past inform her choices today and the day after that and the day after that and so on. It's her choice to use her powers as she sees fit because she cares how that affects those she loves. Catherine, whom you've cited had no such desire and was driven to be whatever her hexenbiest drove her to be. Hexenette was driven by bitterness and anger and embraced the violence that came with it, as Eve and now as a combo of Eve/Juliette, she's driven by different urges than those that caused her to lose everything and no longer wants to lose herself to her emotions as she did in the past because she associated that with something terrible.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 09-13-2017

I do not see anything that Juliette accepted to be a "Hexenbiest".
Hated it and did not accept it as it was.
if she was as capable of using a gun as did-season 1 - could use that power "Hexenbiest "to harm people.
Adalind learned to be more discreet and not to react with belligerence.
Eve is better than Juliette