Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - New Guy - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 08:40 AM)irukandji Wrote: I did find later, where Renard said something to Catherine about a "debt'. He said if Adalind got the key from Nick, the "debt" would be paid. We don't know what the "debt" was because there is no description of it. In any case, Adalind failed to get the key and ended up losing her powers instead.
Hi Irukandji.
Maybe the "debt" fell into a plot hole? I don't recall Renard saying "your debt is paid" even after all the nasty things he did to Adalind. How does one keep an accurate score in the viper pit?
New Guy

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - syscrash - 08-04-2016

When judging Adalind how do you judge what is true and what is manipulation. For example. When she was putting into play her plan to take Nick powers. She approached him the same as she approached Nick. From applogizing and getting them both to feel she not longer had animosity towards them. In both cases she used sex as a tool. Take the two times she had sex with Nick. The first was when Nick was leaving. The second was when Eve threatened her about Nick. The two time she sleep with Sean. The first time she used the excuse of making him feel better because of the compulsion potion. The purpose was to have Diana. The second time was to have a place to stay while she worked on taking Nicks powers.

People say she has changed. Yet with Nick she took off with Kelly. Their is a point to be made she had good reason. But she did it without any concern for Nick. She did not let him know she had no choice before she did it. More important if she was sincere would she not have called to talk to Nick. It is not like she has to wait till he gets home. He has a cell phone.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - rpmaluki - 08-04-2016

I don't know if you are intentionally ignoring what the show aired with regards to Adalind "choosing" to leave Nick or not. It's one thing for Nick to question Adalind's actions because he didn't have all the information. The show wanted us to think she had no other choice by not giving her another choice. we can all say what we want about what Adalind should have done before showing up at Renard's but Adalind's emotional state didn't enable her to act rationally because she was being pulled in two different directions, wanting to stay with Nick and wanting to have her daughter back. She made the decision the showrunners dictated and couldn't have acted any other way.

She has changed, you just choose to ignore it.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - aboutnici - 08-05-2016

(08-04-2016, 10:38 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't know if you are intentionally ignoring what the show aired with regards to Adalind "choosing" to leave Nick or not. It's one thing for Nick to question Adalind's actions because he didn't have all the information. The show wanted us to think she had no other choice by not giving her another choice. we can all say what we want about what Adalind should have done before showing up at Renard's but Adalind's emotional state didn't enable her to act rationally because she was being pulled in two different directions, wanting to stay with Nick and wanting to have her daughter back. She made the decision the showrunners dictated and couldn't have acted any other way.

She has changed, you just choose to ignore it.

Thank you for speaking the truth, Adalind had made a choice that she made in order to protect her children and Nick. Nick understands her reasoning to protect him and the children. Renard is such a douche, he uses Adalind and the children in his quest for power and I can't wait to see what's going to happen with Nick, Adalind, Renard, Diana and Kelly next season.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - brandon - 08-05-2016

Adalind did this time a right choice:not leave behind any of his children.It was with Sean knowing him well,thus avoid being in the middle that Diana could be manipulated by Sean and Black Claw.nor can neglect Kelly -as often happens in families -so take.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-05-2016

(08-04-2016, 11:59 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't think they question/ed her love it's more about them not loving her (enough?). We have the benefit of seeing her dedication to Renard and now Nick, she looks like she's dotting the i's and crossing the t's but the men are the ones not doing much in reciprocating. I don't think it's because they believe she may not love enough (they knew/know) but it's them that don't love her enough. Renard was sleeping with her mother while sleeping with her and Nick slowly grew cold after they had sex and that was before he found out about her powers possibly returning.

Do you believe her when she told them she loved them? I really don't.
Starting with Renard, I don't see why he would believe her. She was sleeping with him at the same time her mother was. If anything, Renard might look at that as competition between mother and daughter, having nothing to do with him. I also see issues with Renard himself. He's the bastard son of royalty who don't have any authority in any country. His mother had to flee to save his life and so now he's displaced and living in America. He's made a life for himself as a police captain, but he's not an honorable man, but corrupt leader who stops at nothing to get his way. Looking at it from his perspective, would he believe one of his own kind if she told him she loved him? I rather doubt it.

Then there's Nick. He already knows Adalind attempted to murder Marie on her own. The fact that Marie was murdered probably led him to believe she had a hand in it. She also went after and almost killed Hank as well as Juliette. Adalind would not have even gone to Nick had the royals not thrown her out. There's so much wrong with her past, I don't know if Nick could get over that.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - rpmaluki - 08-05-2016

That's really the crux of Adalind's character. Most of what she's done was before she developed feelings for Nick. The Adalind that did those things was selfish and terrible. I do believe she loved Renard but he didn't care for her and promptly chucked her out after she lost her powers. She did everything to get them back and she did. But then baby Kelly happened and forced her to put him first compared to when she was pregnant with Diana where she placed her needs above Diana and suppressed her powers as a means to protect Kelly. While "human" and powerless she opened herself to a life with Nick and he hinted at his own growing attraction. I do believe that she loves him. It's not a perfect love because of their history and how they got to where they were before she went to Renard. The Adalind we have now is not the Adalind from S1 before she lost her powers, she's not the Adalind that got her powers back but lost Diana and sought revenge but they did bring us to the Adalind that we have today, that regrets her past and probably wishes she could go back and do things differently. You may believe she doesn't love Nick/never loved Renard but I believe she loved Renard as broken as that was and I believe she loves Nick and that isn't perfect either. However I don't have such a positive outlook on both relationships because as I said somewhere on this board, Renard used her and didn't think much of her or her feelings. I don't think Nick loves her but he isn't a douchebag like Renard was and may have deluded himself into thinking they could actually build a life together for the sake of their son. He's attracted to her and has slept with her several times (including after her powers returned) but sex doesn't a relationship make.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - syscrash - 08-05-2016

rpmaluki wrote:
Quote:I don't know if you are intentionally ignoring what the show aired with regards to Adalind "choosing" to leave Nick or not. It's one thing for Nick to question Adalind's actions because he didn't have all the information. The show wanted us to think she had no other choice by not giving her another choice. we can all say what we want about what Adalind should have done before showing up at Renard's but Adalind's emotional state didn't enable her to act rationally because she was being pulled in two different directions, wanting to stay with Nick and wanting to have her daughter back. She made the decision the showrunners dictated and couldn't have acted any other way.

I am not ignoring what was aired. It is not about what she did. We know why she did it. I question how she made the desiccation. Consider each move Adalind ever make is timed to give her and advantage. She always says and does the right thing to archive a goal. So only provides enough information to sway the perspective.
Up to the point of Adalind going to Nick. Every thing she did we knew without a doubt it was all about the con. It was Adalind being Adalind and manipulating the situation. When it came to Nick. The show tries to present it as being sincere. Yet her actions are the same and when she was running a con.
Take the in the station when she told Nick he was the father. At first she was asking for protection. That did not work she told Nick he was the father. That did not seem to move him. She moved on to appealing to him emotionally. Like I stated in the previous post. It is convent that the two times she choose to sleep with Nick it had they benefit of swaying Nicks opinion. Even Nick telling Monroee he was confused as to the reason. Take Adalind's exit strategy. She gave Nick just enough information to insure she had a place to stay. She even said she was concerned about Nick putting them out. Compare this with Juliette. The memory loss separation they talked about it. The hexenbiest change separation they talked about it. Adalind waited till she had no other choice, leaving in the night with only a note. If you care about someone don't they deserve more then a note. Don't they even deserve a chance to state their position. Like Nick said when talking to Sean. He was not even given a choice.
From a writers stand point I see them trying to make Adalind do the right thing. But she can not help but revert back. Thinking and acting as she always has. She even says being a hexenbiest changes you.
I see the writers having us ask the question. Can Adalind ever stop thinking like a con man. Will see ever be able to make a sacrifice for someone else. Can see even do something that does not benefit her. I see the writers showing Adalind wrestling with the doing what is right with doing what is best for her. Something she was never before shown doing.

Once Juliette became a hexenbiest she started manipulating Sean then on to Kenneth. Her actions where the same as what Adalind would do. Both time Adalind did not have powers she was contrite. Even though she was running a con to get her powers back. Both time her powers came back so did the arrogance. The same with when Juliette became a hexenbiest. The biggest change was the arrogance she showed toward others. I have before contributed it to knowing you have access to this great power.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - wfmyers1207 - 08-06-2016

OK, I am not terribly fond of the character of Adalind. But she has changed. Back in S1 thru S3 she was a needy little batch and little more than a pawn for others to exploit.

Then she had a child and learned what it meant to be a grown-up and responsible for the life and care of a helpless human being. That changes things.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 09-12-2017

I still don't know if a person can embrace the hexenbiest. However, I thought it was interesting that in the end, Juliette used her hexenbiest side whenever she felt the need. In the end, Adalind seemed to shy away from her hexenbiest heritage.