Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - syscrash - 08-04-2016

This idea of can wesen learn control shows a lack of understanding what a wesen is. Because of what they are they live by a simple rule kill or be killed. In five seasons of wesen fighting. Not once have we seen and altercation ending in injury. Where humans throw punches. Wesen rip into an opponent with teeth and claws. That guarantees in the out come being death.

If your life is kill or be killed you would have a much different mindset then even the most vicious human. Imagine what it would feel like to rip someones throat out. For wesen that is how they fight so they have to have a different mindset. Even Monroes and Rosealee have ripped out throats with their teeth.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-04-2016

Hi New Guy-
What are your thoughts on Adalind? Why would a successful corporate attorney turn to murder? For that matter, murdering a woman she never met? Any thoughts on the hexenbiest and Adalind?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - rpmaluki - 08-04-2016

I think biests are inherently not good. Their default setting is to act selfishly, to manipulate where necessary to achieve desired end. Adalind was all that ontop of her desire to please mother and earn Renard's love. That's three strikes against her.

Can biests learn to be responsible law abiding citizens? sure, Sean did it for the most of three seasons but at the first sign of garnering more power to himself, he capitulated and fell in line with BC.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - New Guy - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 05:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: Hi New Guy-
What are your thoughts on Adalind? Why would a successful corporate attorney turn to murder? For that matter, murdering a woman she never met? Any thoughts on the hexenbiest and Adalind?
Hi Irukandji,
IMO, Renard had something on Catherine and Adalind Schade. Renard wanted Marie killed to keep Nick in the dark about Grimm responsibilities. Note that Renard had sexual relations with both Catherine and Adalind, why? Renard had no love for them and used them as pawns in his game.
Adalind's job as a lawyer at Berman, Rautbort Law included her hexenbiest powers. In a non-Wesen law firm she likely would not be as "successful."
Adalind the snarky hexen-witch was a fun character to watch. She went through some extreme measures to regain her hexenbiest powers including using Frau Pech's corpse.
IMO, all the hexenbiest characters do not hesitate to commit murder if if suits their objective. They will engage in any act with no regard for legality, ethics or morals. Their "loyalty" to anyone can turn on a dime and end in extreme murder and mayhem. Nick and the Scoobies should never trust any hexen or zauber biest.
It will be a challenge for Nick to be a good father for Kelly while maintaining a vigilant guard against attacks by Adalind, FrankenEve, Elizabeth and Renard. He is in a pit of vipers.
[Image: life_is_like_a_pit_of_vipers_by_court_rd-da1xkva.jpg]
New Guy

True.

(08-04-2016, 08:33 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Irukandji,
IMO, Renard had something on Catherine and Adalind Schade. Renard wanted Marie killed to keep Nick in the dark about Grimm responsibilities. Note that Renard had sexual relations with both Catherine and Adalind, why? Renard had no love for them and used them as pawns in his game.
Adalind's job as a lawyer at Berman, Rautbort Law included her hexenbiest powers. In a non-Wesen law firm she likely would not be as "successful."
Adalind the snarky hexen-witch was a fun character to watch. She went through some extreme measures to regain her hexenbiest powers including using Frau Pech's corpse.
IMO, all the hexenbiest characters do not hesitate to commit murder if if suits their objective. They will engage in any act with no regard for legality, ethics or morals. Their "loyalty" to anyone can turn on a dime and end in extreme murder and mayhem. Nick and the Scoobies should never trust any hexen or zauber biest.
It will be a challenge for Nick to be a good father for Kelly while maintaining a vigilant guard against attacks by Adalind, FrankenEve, New Guy

Hi New Guy-
I couldn't find anything to show that Renard had something on Catherine and Adalind when he sent Adalind to murder Marie. Adalind completed the task by hiring assassins to kill Marie.

I did find later, where Renard said something to Catherine about a "debt'. He said if Adalind got the key from Nick, the "debt" would be paid. We don't know what the "debt" was because there is no description of it. In any case, Adalind failed to get the key and ended up losing her powers instead.

(08-04-2016, 06:04 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think biests are inherently not good. Their default setting is to act selfishly, to manipulate where necessary to achieve desired end. Adalind was all that ontop of her desire to please mother and earn Renard's love. That's three strikes against her.

Can biests learn to be responsible law abiding citizens? sure, Sean did it for the most of three seasons but at the first sign of garnering more power to himself, he capitulated and fell in line with BC.

This is an interesting post, particularly about Adalind wanting to earn Renard's love. I find this very similar to what she told Nick. Neither seemed to work out for her, and it makes me wonder if both men really question her ability to love them.

I don't understand, are you saying both men don't think she's capable of loving them? I think she loved them too much when they don't make any effort at all.

(08-04-2016, 10:38 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't understand, are you saying both men don't think she's capable of loving them? I think she loved them too much when they don't make any effort at all.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Both know of her treacherous past.

I don't think they question/ed her love it's more about them not loving her (enough?). We have the benefit of seeing her dedication to Renard and now Nick, she looks like she's dotting the i's and crossing the t's but the men are the ones not doing much in reciprocating. I don't think it's because they believe she may not love enough (they knew/know) but it's them that don't love her enough. Renard was sleeping with her mother while sleeping with her and Nick slowly grew cold after they had sex and that was before he found out about her powers possibly returning.