Grimm Forum
Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? (/Thread-Embracing-the-Hexenbiest-Is-such-a-Thing-possible)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 12:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: The way I see it, if Adalind was that upset over it, Nick would have noticed.

Seems to me Nick certainly should have noticed Adalind was perturbed when he came home from his mission to Germany and she seemingly out of the blue asked him what if her powers came back. But he was rather preoccupied over the "Stick of Destiny," and even at his best he's still a guy.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 01:09 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(04-18-2016, 12:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: The way I see it, if Adalind was that upset over it, Nick would have noticed.

Seems to me Nick certainly should have noticed Adalind was perturbed when he came home from his mission to Germany and she seemingly out of the blue asked him what if her powers came back. But he was rather preoccupied over the "Stick of Destiny," and even at his best he's still a guy.

Lol, I agree. He should have been talking to her about it well before it happened. He's the one who took her in.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - irukandji - 08-03-2016

This came from the discussion of Adalind attempting to murder Marie. I am curious to see what others think. Was it Adalind the human who attempted to murder Marie or Adalind the hexenbiest who attempted the murder?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - jsgrimm45 - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 11:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: This came from the discussion of Adalind attempting to murder Marie. I am curious to see what others think. Was it Adalind the human who attempted to murder Marie or Adalind the hexenbiest who attempted the murder?
In this case there is no one or the other. Adalind did what she did because of Renard input. Now we could add that being a hexenbiest was why she wanted the power of being with a royal.

(08-03-2016, 12:45 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 11:48 AM)irukandji Wrote: This came from the discussion of Adalind attempting to murder Marie. I am curious to see what others think. Was it Adalind the human who attempted to murder Marie or Adalind the hexenbiest who attempted the murder?
In this case there is no one or the other. Adalind did what she did because of Renard input. Now we could add that being a hexenbiest was why she wanted the power of being with a royal.

The idea has been presented that Juliette embraced her hexenbiest for the high it gave her. Couldn't the same apply to Adalind?

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - jsgrimm45 - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 12:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:

The idea has been presented that Juliette embraced her hexenbiest for the high it gave her. Couldn't the same apply to Adalind?
In Juliette case she in one of a kind we think. So we can't gage a lifetime hexenbiest with a newly made hexenbiest. I don't think we can compare Adalind and Eve different life before hand. Juliette was dropped into a world of power totally unknown to her whereas Adalind lived hexenbiest all her life.

(08-03-2016, 01:02 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: In Juliette case she in one of a kind we think. So we can't gage a lifetime hexenbiest with a newly made hexenbiest. I don't think we can compare Adalind and Eve different life before hand. Juliette was dropped into a world of power totally unknown to her whereas Adalind lived hexenbiest all her life.

Henrietta didn't seem to think Juliette was all that different. I mean, she certainly didn't tell Nick that Juliette would become addicted to the hexenbiest side because she was suddenly made into a hexenbiest. The way Adalind spoke to Rosalee of the hexenbiest, she made it sound like the hexenbiest could exercise a lot of control. If we're to believe what she says, and that's a big *IF*, she would be speaking from experience.

But I really didn't ask the question to determine if there was addiction or not. I was really trying to gauge why an intelligent high powered corporate attorney would resort to murdering a woman she didn't know. I'm not so sure Sean's royal side was an attraction to Adalind because it was a dead end for him. She had to see that it would take her no where.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - New Guy - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 12:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Hi Irukandji,
There does seem to be a "hexenbiest high." IMO it is a power driven high. It is evident when Adalind loses her power (per Grimm Wikia):
Quote:Hoping to get Nick's key, Adalind told him to meet her in the woods and give her the key if he wanted Hank to live, whom she had put into a coma by having sex with him. During the fight, some of Nick's blood was ingested by Adalind, killing her Hexenbiest spirit and turning her into a regular human. She returned in tears to see her mother, Catherine Schade, but she slapped her when she discovered what had happened to her. Renard informed her that she was no longer of use to him and "just another pretty girl," and she walked out the door.
Note how both Catherine Schade (her Mother) and Sean Renard the father of her child show no empathy for her.
Then there is Juliette who gains hexenbiest power:
Quote:Soon after Nick gets his powers back, Juliette turns into a Hexenbiest as a side effect. She decides to try to get rid of it instead of telling Nick. She goes to Renard, who tells her about an old family friend, Henrietta. After some tests, Henrietta tells Juliette there is nothing she can do. Despite what Henrietta says, Juliette continues to try to find a way to help herself, but the longer she is a Hexenbiest, the worse her behavior becomes. After fighting Adalind and revealing to Nick that she is a Hexenbiest, Juliette moves out. She does her best to push Nick and her friends away, despite them trying to find a way to help her.
. . .
Juliette arrives at the spice shop, and Juliette asks how they figured out how to make the suppressant, and Hank tells her the books from the trailer. Nick tells her it will work, and Juliette says they would have had to try it on another Hexenbiest to make sure it works. Rosalee hands Nick the jar with the suppressant, and he hands it to Juliette. She then causes the spice shop to shake, and Nick tells her to stop. The shaking stops, and Juliette asks if it looks like she need anyone's help. She tosses the jar into the air, causing it to levitate, and Rosalee tries to grab it, but Juliette throws her against a shelf with her telekinetic abilities. The jar falls to the ground and breaks as Monroe woges. Juliette smacks him across the face, again with her telekinesis, and Hank draws his gun, but Juliette causes it to fly out of his hands. Juliette asks, "When are you all gonna learn that I like who I am?" Nick draws his gun and says they don't, and Juliette woges. She then makes Nick point his gun at Monroe and Rosalee. Monroe gets Rosalee out of the way, and Nick says he can't let go of his gun. Monroe freezes in fear as Nick's gun goes off.
Hexenette "likes" hexenbiest power. She does all she can to destroy Nick and the Scoobies. She joins forces with the Royals to gain more power and to inflict more devastation on the Scoobies.
New Guy

(08-03-2016, 02:02 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Irukandji,
There does seem to be a "hexenbiest high." IMO it is a power driven high.

Hi New Guy-
I know Renard was behind the Marie's killing, and I understand his motivations, although I think they're a bit on the weak side. After all, Marie had been in town for a little while, she might have told Nick a lot of things in the short time she was there. My memory's a little fuzzy here, but I don't recall what information she could reveal to Nick that Renard was so afraid of.

It doesn't make sense to me why Adalind would even want to be involved in this assassination unless there's something about it that appeals to her hexenbiest. Does the thought of murder spur the hexenbiest into action? Or does the hexenbiest spur Adalind into action because it wants to murder?

New Guy wrote:
Quote:Hexenette "likes" hexenbiest power.

I'm not so sure she liked the power, New Guy. Remember, at first she kept it hidden. She also went to both Renard and Henrietta because she did not want to be a hexenbiest. If this was an addiction, it makes me wonder why Juliette didn't succumb to the addiction right away. She did use the power to Nick's advantage, once with the manticore and she assisted when Monroe was kidnapped.

I think the tables turned on Juliette when Nick rejected her. That was the ultimate betrayal. I can't say that even after he dumped her, she took on the hexenbiest like an addiction. She seemed very unhappy and in the police station she told Nick she was in hell.

RE: Embracing the Hexenbiest-Is such a Thing possible? - New Guy - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 04:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 02:02 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Irukandji,
There does seem to be a "hexenbiest high." IMO it is a power driven high.

Hi New Guy-
I know Renard was behind the Marie's killing, and I understand his motivations, although I think they're a bit on the weak side. After all, Marie had been in town for a little while, she might have told Nick a lot of things in the short time she was there. My memory's a little fuzzy here, but I don't recall what information she could reveal to Nick that Renard was so afraid of.

It doesn't make sense to me why Adalind would even want to be involved in this assassination unless there's something about it that appeals to her hexenbiest. Does the thought of murder spur the hexenbiest into action? Or does the hexenbiest spur Adalind into action because it wants to murder?

New Guy wrote:
Quote:Hexenette "likes" hexenbiest power.

I'm not so sure she liked the power, New Guy. Remember, at first she kept it hidden. She also went to both Renard and Henrietta because she did not want to be a hexenbiest. If this was an addiction, it makes me wonder why Juliette didn't succumb to the addiction right away. She did use the power to Nick's advantage, once with the manticore and she assisted when Monroe was kidnapped.

I think the tables turned on Juliette when Nick rejected her. That was the ultimate betrayal. I can't say that even after he dumped her, she took on the hexenbiest like an addiction. She seemed very unhappy and in the police station she told Nick she was in hell.
Hi Irukandji,
You said:
Quote:I think the tables turned on Juliette when Nick rejected her.
IMO, Juliette betrayed Nick by going to Renard, not him. Even after that he tried to help her find a "cure." She walked out. He searched for her. Nick didn't reject Juliette, she rejected herself and chose to become a violent, immoral witch. She became such a mortal threat that in spite of his love for Juliette, she needed to be put down like a rabid animal. It seemed that the Scoobies agreed with Nick.
Indeed she was in hell. She chose to become a demon and use her hexenbiest power to kill anyone who had shown her compassion and love.
I suppose if the writers deliver the "come to Jesus" moment then we may hear what Juliette/Hexenette/FrankenEve/Whatever has to say.
New Guy