Grimm Forum
A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character (/Thread-A-very-interesting-article-that-features-Juliette-s-character)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - rpmaluki - 12-17-2017

Juliette was offended by Nick's initial reaction and didn't give him the time to adjust. But when he told her she was a Grimm, I believe she called him crazy and wouldn't believe him and ended up a victim of Adalind's cat's scratch. In S2, she eased into the whole Nick is a grimm and adjusted. In S4 she didn't afford Nick the same courtesy before destroying everything between them.

Nick can't help someone who refused the help and boy did Juliette refuse, as it was her right. Whatever ultimately happened, Nick isn't the only one to blame for the dumpster fire that is their S4 breakup.

(12-17-2017, 01:49 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-17-2017, 11:17 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: The hexenbiest itself is a monster but Nick was regretful of Juliette's change and wanted to undo it, even if that meant working with Adalind.

That Nick considered hexenbiests as monsters reveals a flaw within him. He should have taken note of that flaw and never tried to treat Juliette.
Blame his DNA and Adalind.

I have never known Nick to stand by and do nothing. The only times he did was over something that was beyond him and he felt, at the time that Juliette's Hexenbiest could be removed. When he learnt that it couldn't, he heard it could be suppressed. It would be out of character for him not to do anything at all. If being a man of action is a flaw, then yes Nick is very flawed.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - brandon - 12-17-2017

Juliette looked himself like a monster and that's why thought everyone saw her monster.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - rpmaluki - 12-17-2017

(12-17-2017, 02:14 PM)brandon Wrote: Juliette looked himself like a monster and that's why thought everyone saw her monster.
So true.

Nick turned away once and Juliette used that one gesture to paint the rest of Nick's actions and continued confessions of love and devotion in negative light to justify her hatred towards him. She hated what she'd become there was a transference of that hate, someone had to pay and Nick was the primary target.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - brandon - 12-17-2017

Just as the thief thinks they are all his own ilk.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - Henry of green - 12-17-2017

Nick didn’t reacted well to her becoming a hexenbiest he was in shock, especially finding out that it couldn't be reversed. Nick never once stopped loving Juliette in season 4 even at the end when she tried to kill him after betraying his mother. His mistake was trying to fix the hexenbiest change in her and hold on to human Juliette and thinking he could get her back until Henrietta told him it was permanent. He told her that he would learn to accept her as what she had become but walked away from him not the other way round.

Juliette was the one who got angry at him for trying to to his own baby boy safe from Juliette . Nick just simply protected his unborn son as any father would, Juliette then accused him of choosing Adalind over her, which was the simply not the case he didn’t care about Adalind at that time, in fact he dispised her but she was telling him that she was pregnant with his son, juliette was willing to murder the baby as long as she got to rip out Adalinds throat . There is just no way Nick could stand aside and let it happen if he really was the father of the child’s father. Juliette overreacted big time and chose to take out her misplaced anger at Nick even though he still loved her and wanted to be together with her again.

Juliette with her attitude had made it clear that relationship was broken. Why should choose?.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - silver - 12-17-2017

It's not like becoming a Hexenbiest after being a regular human all her life - I mean it's not like getting a face full of zits before the prom or something -- The rage and/or hatred J felt was stemming from intense fear and shock. I like Rosalee's take on it - she defended her - up until she almost had Nick shoot one of them. I think even after, she ended up defending her at a later point.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - syscrash - 12-17-2017

The biggest flaw I see in Nicks actions was his insistence that Juliette needed to be fixed. The first time at the shop, not one of them offered to help her deal with being a hexenbiest. When Nick or Rosalee came to the jail. Their was no acceptance. Even though Juliette told them she was beginning to accept her condition. The other flaw was siding with Adalind and sending Juliette away. Why would he not send Adalind away. He could have just as easily ask Sean to take care of Adalind. Nick already knew the Juliette was having trouble dealing with being a hexenbiest. why would he add to the trauma by sending her away. The idea that it was to protect his child makes no sense. We have seen Juliette could have killed Adalind in seconds without even touching her, had she have wanted to.

As for trying to shot Monroe. Nick and Hank are the ones that pulled their guns on Juliette. Had Nick not taken his gun out and pointed it at her, she would have never turned it on Monroe. The other thing do you really think the shot missed Monroe because Juliette is a bad shot. They made a point to show Juliette is a really good shot with a gun. They even pointed out the time she shot at Sean , that had she wanted to hit him she would have.

The part that I found one sided. At no time did Nick ever accept Juliette and then Eve, for what she was. Nick had two frames of mind. He either blamed Juliette then Eve for his mothers death. The other was regret that Juliette then eve was a hexenbiest. Not once did he blame Adalind for her past deads. Nor did he show regrets that the suppressant wore off.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - dicappatore - 12-17-2017

(12-17-2017, 08:12 PM)syscrash Wrote: The biggest flaw I see in Nicks actions was his insistence that Juliette needed to be fixed. The first time at the shop, not one of them offered to help her deal with being a hexenbiest. When Nick or Rosalee came to the jail. Their was no acceptance. Even though Juliette told them she was beginning to accept her condition. The other flaw was siding with Adalind and sending Juliette away. Why would he not send Adalind away. He could have just as easily ask Sean to take care of Adalind. Nick already knew the Juliette was having trouble dealing with being a hexenbiest. why would he add to the trauma by sending her away. The idea that it was to protect his child makes no sense. We have seen Juliette could have killed Adalind in seconds without even touching her, had she have wanted to.
Yea Fix things, this is what Nick and Company did for 6 seasons. they fixed things. I guess that part of the show was missed.

Quote:As for trying to shot Monroe. Nick and Hank are the ones that pulled their guns on Juliette. Had Nick not taken his gun out and pointed it at her, she would have never turned it on Monroe. The other thing do you really think the shot missed Monroe because Juliette is a bad shot. They made a point to show Juliette is a really good shot with a gun. They even pointed out the time she shot at Sean , that had she wanted to hit him she would have.
I guess you missed the part when Juliette threw Rosalee against the wall before Nick and Hank pulled out their guns. And No, Rosalee did not attack Juliette, she tryed to catch the potion jar. As for the shot? It would have hit Monroe if Hank did not push him away, Juliette never saw Hank move. She was learning to use her new found powers and was focousing on Nick's gun.

Quote:The part that I found one sided. At no time did Nick ever accept Juliette and then Eve, for what she was. Nick had two frames of mind. He either blamed Juliette then Eve for his mothers death. The other was regret that Juliette then eve was a hexenbiest. Not once did he blame Adalind for her past deads. Nor did he show regrets that the suppressant wore off.

I guess you also missed the many times he told her, he would never hurt her. He still loved her, and it was his turn to accept her as a Hex the way she accepted him as a Grimm. You also must have missed the heart felt apology Adalind expressed to Nick, did Juliette ever done that? And you also must have missed the part when Eve, blamed Juliette. And I have a bridge to sell, cheap! And I am married to Morgan Fairchild, Yea, thats the ticket!

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - silver - 12-17-2017

For me, Nick should have reacted differently, but when a person is in a state of shock whatever caused the shock, people are people - they don't know how they will react / respond until it happens. Nick leaving was to my way of thinking, was a huge mistake. She needed to know someone was compassionate, but at the same time, Nick needed someone too, and he had no one - having each other when they are both experiencing a huge-ass shock, are coming at it from their own unique standpoints.

I understand the part about the gun and Juliette's abilities and what you're saying about all that, syscrash. Tensions and fears were in the red zone, so anything could happen and Nick and Hank were trained to be prepared.