Grimm Forum
A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character (/Thread-A-very-interesting-article-that-features-Juliette-s-character)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - izzy - 07-27-2015

Gang,

I am not sure if this was posted before, but it is a very interesting article, recapping Juliette's tragic odyssey with a psychological bend.

Juliette's Odyssey

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - jsgrimm45 - 07-27-2015

This was interesting did you note that some forum members had said much the same things?

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - eric - 07-27-2015

Thanks for the article. As someone who has tried to write about Nick and company's treatment of Juliette in her hour of need, the author did a much better job explaining her condition and the poor way the gang treated her in her hour of need. In Season 5 the entire bunch--except of Hank, Wu, and Bud--will have to come to terms about how they acted. I could expect to see Nick going over this in his mind for some time. I especially appreciated the do's and don'ts list. Based on my experience there is no way to do everything right, but a lot of ways to do it wrong.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - irukandji - 12-17-2017

(07-27-2015, 11:15 AM)eric Wrote: Thanks for the article. As someone who has tried to write about Nick and company's treatment of Juliette in her hour of need, the author did a much better job explaining her condition and the poor way the gang treated her in her hour of need. In Season 5 the entire bunch--except of Hank, Wu, and Bud--will have to come to terms about how they acted. I could expect to see Nick going over this in his mind for some time. I especially appreciated the do's and don'ts list. Based on my experience there is no way to do everything right, but a lot of ways to do it wrong.

I haven't read this article for a long time. I just happened to come across it perusing the forum.

Eric, I noticed you exonerated Hank, Wu, and Bud with regard to how the scoobies treated Juliette. Of all of the characters, I actually see Bud as the one who probably would not have gone along with this mess.

I don't exonerate Hank for his part in this. He could have easily refused to go into the spice shop that day. It wasn't part of his police duties to backup Nick if Juliette got out of line. Being human himself, I would have preferred he take a stand for Juliette rather than just going along with Nick.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - Henry of green - 12-17-2017

The last I checked it was Juliette that attacked Nick and the gang in the spice shop not the other way round. Nick and the rest of the gang were just trying to help Juliette would you have preferred Hank just to step aside and allow Juliette to Murder Monroe. I would agree with you though the gang didn’t handle the whole Juliette hexenbiest situation very well but what happened to Juliette was very rare and gang really didn’t know what to do to help her.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - irukandji - 12-17-2017

What I find interesting is that the gang took the very approach with Adalind that they should have taken with Juliette.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - Henry of green - 12-17-2017

It’s beacuse Adalind wasn’t being aggressive and nasty towards them during that time but Juliette turned into an unbearable bitch though it wasn’t totally her fault her bevhivoir prevented them from helping her. Juliette was behaving like season 1 Adalind only more dangerous and aggressive, she had an axe to grind with the gang as she held them totally responsible for what happened to her. There was nothing the gang could do at this point she was already to far gone it’s sad but true.

(12-17-2017, 07:50 AM)Henry of green Wrote: It’s beacuse Adalind wasn’t being aggressive and nasty towards them during that time but Juliette turned into an unbearable bitch though it wasn’t totally her fault her bevhivoir prevented them from helping her.

But the article points out some very undesirable characteristics of Nick and the gang. From the moment Nick found out Juliette became a hexenbiest, she was a "monster" in his eyes.

Quote:Juliette is unable to reverse her “condition” and is told that it will be permanent. Juliette is initially too scared to tell Nick as she fears that he will kill her given that Grimms and Hexenbiests are sworn enemies. When she does finally confide in Nick, he reacts with horror and leaves her to go find some answers. It must have been really frightening for Juliette to tell Nick the truth, and to have him storm out and leave her in the moment she needed him the most sends a clear message for Juliette – “You are a monster.”

From that point forward Nick, his partner, Hank, and their friends, treat Juliette like a monster and like something that needs to be fixed, creating something called a self-fulfilling prophecy. A self-fulfilling prophecy refers to setting up an expectation and treating the individual according to this expectation, resulting in making that very expectation come true. When the gang treats Juliette like a villain and essentially fails to accept her transformation as permanent, Juliette, initially feeling both hopeless and frustrated, ends up becoming the very monster that the gang expected her to be.

You're free to look at her any way you want, henry. I just thought this was an interesting article that took this into how events would be for Juliette. I think that's exactly how she felt.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - brandon - 12-17-2017

What about " prophecy" I see it as a foolishness, without validity.
I did not see any of them see her as a " monster".
Juliette read in the books, that "GRIMM" killed that Wesen and one..but there is no mention of Nick in the books.
If I consider that she was fed up of her relationship with Nick- for Nick and Adalind/Juliette-.
Telling him about certain issues would have made it worse- the kiss of fiel- dragon and Farley/Marie.

RE: A very interesting article that features Juliette's character - Robyn - 12-17-2017

(12-17-2017, 07:47 AM)irukandji Wrote: What I find interesting is that the gang took the very approach with Adalind that they should have taken with Juliette.
The gang handled working with Adalind differently than Juliette, but their motive was the same - personal. Nick and the others had two objectives, ‘fixing’ Juliette to fit their interpretation of a suitable girlfriend/friend and protecting Nick’s unborn child. Had Adalind not been instrumental in achieving those objectives, they would have been as indifferent to her wellbeing in S4 as they were in S3.

Rosalee attempted to convince Juliette to change herself into someone Nick could accept rather than assure Juliette she was her friend whether human or Hexenbiest. Rosalee was an equally bad friend to Adalind after the suppressant wore off. Instead of following up with Adalind and encouraging her to reach out to Nick, she dismissed the issue then conspired with Nick to monitor Adalind for suspicious and evil-Hexenbiest behavior.

Both women admitted they feared Nick would kill them because they were Hexenbiest. That’s a huge coincidence for the gang, especially Nick, to ignore. And yet they did.