Grimm Forum
color black and Grimm's - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: color black and Grimm's (/Thread-color-black-and-Grimm-s)

color black and Grimm's - jsgrimm45 - 06-20-2015

I have watch the first 3 seasons again and noted a slow but sure drift to Nick's clothing becoming darker. First episode he has on a rust color jacket that's about the last time you see it.

Both Kelly and Trubel are in black. If you watched the Harry Potter movies you noted the WB sign getting darker each movie.

So is there a reason or just something the writers put in to see it anyone noticed? Like the episode numbers on hotel door etc.

RE: color black and Grimm's - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-25-2015

(06-20-2015, 01:38 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I have watch the first 3 seasons again and noted a slow but sure drift to Nick's clothing becoming darker. First episode he has on a rust color jacket that's about the last time you see it.

Both Kelly and Trubel are in black. If you watched the Harry Potter movies you noted the WB sign getting darker each movie.

So is there a reason or just something the writers put in to see it anyone noticed? Like the episode numbers on hotel door etc.

I believe this is to create an enviroment. I noted that in first seasson things inside grimm episodes happend during the day.

In the season 4 they started to happend during the night more often. This dark light (from the nigth) and the dark color of the cloathes create a darker enviroment...

I think that is the reason.

RE: color black and Grimm's - wfmyers1207 - 06-26-2015

@jsgrimm. I'm with Adriano on this. Over time the show has gotten progressively darker both in setting and tone. The show runners and directors even have a term for the kind of weather they like to film in calling it "grimm weather". Dark, cloudy and raining or misty. They have been trying for a more noir atmosphere these last two seasons.

RE: color black and Grimm's - jsgrimm45 - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 08:46 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: @jsgrimm. I'm with Adriano on this. Over time the show has gotten progressively darker both in setting and tone. The show runners and directors even have a term for the kind of weather they like to film in calling it "grimm weather". Dark, cloudy and raining or misty. They have been trying for a more noir atmosphere these last two seasons.
You always find thing's I had not paid any attention to the other points you listed. Do you have photographic mind?Big Grin

RE: color black and Grimm's - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-26-2015

(06-26-2015, 08:53 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(06-26-2015, 08:46 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: @jsgrimm. I'm with Adriano on this. Over time the show has gotten progressively darker both in setting and tone. The show runners and directors even have a term for the kind of weather they like to film in calling it "grimm weather". Dark, cloudy and raining or misty. They have been trying for a more noir atmosphere these last two seasons.
You always find thing's I had not paid any attention to the other points you listed. Do you have photographic mind?Big Grin
Acttuly I don't have photographic mind. I have musical mind. If I listened a music in a movie, when I listened the some music I can remember the scene when music was played. This happend becuase the music is part of the atmosphere of the movie and I always pay attention in the atmosphere, including and mainly the music. That's why I love soundtracks.

RE: color black and Grimm's - irukandji - 08-26-2017

(06-26-2015, 09:08 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: the music is part of the atmosphere of the movie and I always pay attention in the atmosphere, including and mainly the music. That's why I love soundtracks.

Adriano, while I don't always pay attention to the scene in which soundtrack music is played (sometimes I off in another room, doing something else), I do pay attention to the music.

I love soundtrack music. My favorite composers are John Williams and the late James Horner. Legends of the Fall is one of the most beautiful soundtracks I have ever listened to.