Grimm Forum
Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 4 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-4-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? (/Thread-Would-Juliette-really-have-killed-Nick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - Hexenadler - 06-08-2015

Or would she have stopped at the last second, just like Nick did? Trubel's arrival might make the question pointless, but sometimes I wonder if the writer should have shown Juliette hesitating to strike Nick for a second or two. When Trubel actually shoots Juliette, it would have doubled the scene's potency, because then Nick (and the audience) would have known Juliette wasn't going to go through with murdering him.

RE: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - jsgrimm45 - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 04:33 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Or would she have stopped at the last second, just like Nick did? Trubel's arrival might make the question pointless, but sometimes I wonder if the writer should have shown Juliette hesitating to strike Nick for a second or two. When Trubel actually shoots Juliette, it would have doubled the scene's potency, because then Nick (and the audience) would have known Juliette wasn't going to go through with murdering him.
Good point and after the episode of her taking Kenneth showing him the house with her flashbacks to a happier times. I was like you thinking after Nick said he was done fighting thought she would have paused. Now I think the house flashbacks were the end of Juliette the last stage. When she said maybe I still love you that was the pause, after that she was going to kill him. How does that work?

RE: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - crossbar - 06-08-2015

I think Juliette would have killed him. She had been embracing her hexenbeist side more than her human. And her connection to Nick was the only thread of humanity she had left. So, she wanted and needed to cut that last thread and she would be able to embrace her hexenbeist side completely.

RE: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - Hexenadler - 06-09-2015

(06-08-2015, 07:23 PM)crossbar Wrote: I think Juliette would have killed him. She had been embracing her hexenbeist side more than her human. And her connection to Nick was the only thread of humanity she had left. So, she wanted and needed to cut that last thread and she would be able to embrace her hexenbeist side completely.

I don't buy that. Juliette would have simply killed Nick outright the moment he walked through the front door. If anything, she seemed to be acting out of self-loathing. She lacked the courage to off herself, so she hoped Nick would do the job for her.

RE: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - irukandji - 06-09-2015

Would Juliette really have killed Nick? Absolutely, positively not. Was Nick intent on killing her? Of that I have no doubt. I found it hard to believe that Trubel would show up just in time, but now I think Nick had a backup plan. Juliette was going to end up dead regardless.

RE: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - crossbar - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 01:29 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 07:23 PM)crossbar Wrote: I think Juliette would have killed him. She had been embracing her hexenbeist side more than her human. And her connection to Nick was the only thread of humanity she had left. So, she wanted and needed to cut that last thread and she would be able to embrace her hexenbeist side completely.

I don't buy that. Juliette would have simply killed Nick outright the moment he walked through the front door. If anything, she seemed to be acting out of self-loathing. She lacked the courage to off herself, so she hoped Nick would do the job for her.

Not buying that either. in that last scene as she's standing over Nick and she says (with no passion) "Maybe I still love you. Maybe that's something that just never goes away." So, she realizes that she can't fully let go and embrace the true power of her hexenbest side until she truly destroys her last shread of her humanity. And the only anchor to that is Nick. She destroys Nick, she has no one else to love. Hexenbest truly takes over. No more second guessing herself, no more felling guilty.

RE: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - Hexenadler - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 02:48 PM)crossbar Wrote: Not buying that either. in that last scene as she's standing over Nick and she says (with no passion) "Maybe I still love you. Maybe that's something that just never goes away." So, she realizes that she can't fully let go and embrace the true power of her hexenbest side until she truly destroys her last shread of her humanity. And the only anchor to that is Nick. She destroys Nick, she has no one else to love. Hexenbest truly takes over. No more second guessing herself, no more felling guilty.

So what was going on with the whole scene where Juliette is begging Nick to strangle her on the spot?

No offense, but I think you're clutching at straws a little here.

RE: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - crossbar - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 03:50 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 02:48 PM)crossbar Wrote: Not buying that either. in that last scene as she's standing over Nick and she says (with no passion) "Maybe I still love you. Maybe that's something that just never goes away." So, she realizes that she can't fully let go and embrace the true power of her hexenbest side until she truly destroys her last shread of her humanity. And the only anchor to that is Nick. She destroys Nick, she has no one else to love. Hexenbest truly takes over. No more second guessing herself, no more felling guilty.

So what was going on with the whole scene where Juliette is begging Nick to strangle her on the spot?

LOL! No need to get all butt hurt here. This question is nothing more than speculation on both our parts and we have a difference of opinion.

Because here's the rub. That's not what happened. Trubel shot Juliette and Juliette apparently "died". We will NEVER know if Juliette would or wouldn't have killed Nick.

RE: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - Nickster - 06-10-2015

It doesn't matter. What matters is she attacked Nick, broke a window with his head, biest slapped him and acted as if he was in the wrong despite all the crap she's done.

And the dude wasn't even hitting her back.

Shows that she's a nasty [insert offensive word]

RE: Would Juliette really have killed Nick? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-10-2015

(06-09-2015, 09:16 PM)crossbar Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 03:50 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:

LOL! No need to get all butt hurt here. This question is nothing more than speculation on both our parts and we have a difference of opinion.

Because here's the rub. That's not what happened. Trubel shot Juliette and Juliette apparently "died". We will NEVER know if Juliette would or wouldn't have killed Nick.

As crossbar wrote, "This question is nothing more than speculation on both our parts and we have a difference of opinion."
In my opinion, someone (Henrieta, if I am not worng) said hexabiests are manipulatives. So, in my opinion, Julietti was just playing with Nicks feelings, just to hurt him as much as she can.

Try to put yourself in his place: After his mother was killed by a trap setup by his girlfriend, she just showed up and say kill me??? If he had killed her, he would suffer feeling guilt by her death... If he let she goes, he would suffer feeling guilt by everything. Actually, this is what I believe Juliette wanted: to make all of her friends fell guilt by her condition. She was being evil, could, heartless (does this word exists in english???)

Actually, I thing this will the begining plot of the next seasson... How will Nick deal with all of that and how this will impact his actions?

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to SUFFERING.” – Yoda