Grimm Forum
Grimm: Looking to the Future. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Grimm: Looking to the Future. (/Thread-Grimm-Looking-to-the-Future)

Grimm: Looking to the Future. - Wessenrein - 06-08-2015

As I posted in another thread, the one about Monroe losing his sense of humor, I made a comment about Grimm probably going a bit darker, still having some humor but that I thought Nick and the gang would be plenty busy with the Royals, Chavez, possibly the Council, and who knows what else, not too mention the Wessen cases Nick, Renard, Hank, and Wu will be working, for there to be a larger amount of humor. I think Wu might be the funny guy more than anybody else, at least for now.

I also mentioned the show Supernatural and how I thought one of the big reasons they have lasted 10 plus seasons is because they mix serious situations and humor, along with every other emotion, very well. I do believe Grimm has that same potential, but I don't believe they will be able to drag out the Royals, keys, and hidden treasure storyline for 10 plus seasons. Another reason for Supernaturals success is that they do have plot changes quite a bit, at least 5 pretty big ones that I can think of.

So, with that in mind, any ideas as to what Grimm could do beyond the Royals, keys, and hidden treasure storyline? I admit, I don't really have any thoughts at the moment. lol So, I'm interested in what others might come up with. Just to make it clear, I'm not talking about a spin off show, that could be done after Grimm is done.

RE: Grimm: Looking to the Future. - AddictedtoGrimm - 06-08-2015

I havent thought about it enough. Off the top of my head I can say that the cases they do every week seem to interest people and keep the show running, constantly fighting the monsters. They can drag out the key, and the royals probably a few more years. i dont know how long NBC will let Grimm stay on. It might have only three more seasons or so to go before they cut it off.

RE: Grimm: Looking to the Future. - jsgrimm45 - 06-08-2015

Also a Supernatural fan (but if your a friend of the boys your days are numbered) only Cas and Cowley are still around (even poor death may be dead).

I could see bring Diana and Nick's son (depending what might be found with the keys) needing their powers, because we don't know that is hidden this may cause some event that they (back to Supernatural) now have to deal with (I would not use any of Supernatural). I'm think more Burn Notice type events. Where the crew have to work together think Homer Greek not TV.

Monroe dad spoke of world changing events it they wildesheer episode when the returned.

One odd think thing why is it writers always hide something so powerful but give a idiot like me a way to find it ,why did the knights make keys? I have to know the answer.

Like your points and will also have to think about it.

RE: Grimm: Looking to the Future. - Wessenrein - 06-08-2015

yes, I'm a huge Supernatural fan, as well. Hated it when they killed off Charlie, besides Sam and Dean, my favorite character. True, I could see Diana and Nick's son being a big part of a new plot twist. Perhaps Diana becomes power hungry and she tries to rule the world, in at least as much as the Royals are trying to do so now, though she's a lot more powerful than they are. Maybe some new quest, that would take Nick's son all over the world and other parts of the U.S. Just to add to the growing list of different types of Wessen. Different Wessen in places like Britian, all parts of Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia, South America, maybe even Russia and China, if possible, oh, and Africa, lots of interesting characters to be found. I'm not really sure what the quest would be, perhaps a search for very rare ingredients that would make a potion, not to kill Diana but rather tone her powers down and it would likely have to be a very special/rare potion since we don't even know how powerful or exactly what type of Wessen Diana is?

Perhaps Nick is still involved, sort of like Kelly, about the same age but hasn't abandoned his child, as Kelly told him not to do so as she regretted that decision, Trubel could still be there and some new friends, probably wouldn't see much of Monroe, RosaLee, Renard, Hank, and Wu, at least not when traveling.

Diana would also have to have a quest, searching for the coins maybe, since they were not destroyed. I'm sure Diana would get wind of what the new gang is up to and that is why she'd keep sending assassin squads after them, plus, the new gang could help local authorities with Wessen cases. Could really open up the show a bit more, still I only see that as adding maybe another 5 seasons to its tv life, or perhaps becoming a spin off rather than trying to keep the current Grimm going, but since all or most all of these characters are on the current show, would be just as easy to keep it going.