Grimm Forum
Magic Spells and Potions - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Magic Spells and Potions (/Thread-Magic-Spells-and-Potions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - jsgrimm45 - 09-03-2015

(09-02-2015, 08:16 PM)Karai9 Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 08:54 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I always have a doubt about zaberbiest and hexanbiest. Apparently hexanbiest are more powerful in dealing with potions and things like that if we compare with zaberbiest.

But the only zaberbiest we know is Sean, a half zauberbiest half royal. I always have the impression Sean gives more importance to the royal half then to the zauberbiest half.

So the question is: Sean doesn't know much about potion because zauberbiest don't know in general or because Sean choose to develop his royal nature.

I mean: maybe there is no difference between zauberbiest and hexanbiest. Maybe Sean choose to not develop his zauberbiest knowledge.

What do you think?

I think that hexenbiest and zauberbiest are very different. I think that zauberbiest are definitely weaker than hexenbiest. I'm sure Renard knows about his capabilities as a Zauberbiest being well educated by his hexenbiest mother no less and he has contacts in the hexenbiest world such a Henrietta. We saw him use some interrogating techniques on Weston Stewart when he, Kelly and Nick were formulating the rescue Diana plan. I think he compelled him to say what he wanted from him.

I think Zauberbiest are more an altered human than a person with a biest.

Let me explain: in some sources, witches were classified by their power source such as Nature witches, Elementals and blood witches. Hexenbiest appear to be blood witches because blood features very prominently in a lot of their spells. Like the zaubertrank used on Hank in season 1. Adalind put her and Hank's blood in the cookies. Hexenbiest blood also can open special books that have been locked in such a way. Renard emphasized that hexenbiest blood, not his, would open it and that there is a difference. I've never seen him mix a potion either, only collecting the remnant of the one Adalind mixed for Nick to have him drink it and neutralize it. We mainly see him use it a physical sense. Extra strength in fights (the Kenneth fight, and zombie Nick fight) .

I also believe zauberbiest are extremely rare. For whatever reason there are next to none.

I think zauberbiest are quite inferior to hexenbiest except perhaps in physical strength.
Your thoughts?
Very will thought out. I agree the only power we seen for a zauberbiest is strength. I think this has a bearing on the question but not sure? When they made the potion to end the attraction between Juliette and Renard they had to use Nick blood, a Grimm's blood would have killed a hexen spirit but didn't faze Renard.

Was this because the was so little or because it was mixed or because as you say the zauberbiest is just a wesen or altered human and has no hexen spirit? I lean toward even this small amount would take out a hexen could be wrong.

I do think this zauberbiest side did help make Diana into Diana.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 03:23 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 08:54 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I always have a doubt about zaberbiest and hexanbiest. Apparently hexanbiest are more powerful in dealing with potions and things like that if we compare with zaberbiest.

But the only zaberbiest we know is Sean, a half zauberbiest half royal. I always have the impression Sean gives more importance to the royal half then to the zauberbiest half.

So the question is: Sean doesn't know much about potion because zauberbiest don't know in general or because Sean choose to develop his royal nature.

I mean: maybe there is no difference between zauberbiest and hexanbiest. Maybe Sean choose to not develop his zauberbiest knowledge.

What do you think?

I think that hexenbiest and zauberbiest are very different. I think that zauberbiest are definitely weaker than hexenbiest. I'm sure Renard knows about his capabilities as a Zauberbiest being well educated by his hexenbiest mother no less and he has contacts in the hexenbiest world such a Henrietta. We saw him use some interrogating techniques on Weston Stewart when he, Kelly and Nick were formulating the rescue Diana plan. I think he compelled him to say what he wanted from him.

Let me explain: in some sources, witches were classified by their power source such as Nature witches, Elementals and blood witches. Hexenbiest appear to be blood witches because blood features very prominently in a lot of their spells. Like the zaubertrank used on Hank in season 1. Adalind put her and Hank's blood in the cookies. Hexenbiest blood also can open special books that have been locked in such a way. Renard emphasized that hexenbiest blood, not his, would open it and that there is a difference. I've never seen him mix a potion either, only collecting the remnant of the one Adalind mixed for Nick to have him drink it and neutralize it. We mainly see him use it a physical sense. Extra strength in fights (the Kenneth fight, and zombie Nick fight) .

I also believe zauberbiest are extremely rare. For whatever reason there are next to none.

I think zauberbiest are quite inferior to hexenbiest except perhaps in physical strength.
Your thoughts?
Very will thought out. I agree the only power we seen for a zauberbiest is strength. I think this has a bearing on the question but not sure? When they made the potion to end the attraction between Juliette and Renard they had to use Nick blood, a Grimm's blood would have killed a hexen spirit but didn't faze Renard.

Was this because the was so little or because it was mixed or because as you say the zauberbiest is just a wesen or altered human and has no hexen spirit? I lean toward even this small amount would take out a hexen could be wrong.

Sean didn't drink Nick's blood. Only Juliette did. If you rewatch the scene Rosalee dropped Nick's blood in only one cup, the Juliette one.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - jsgrimm45 - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 08:12 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 03:23 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

What do you think?

Your thoughts?

Sean didn't drink Nick's blood. Only Juliette did. If you rewatch the scene Rosalee dropped Nick's blood in only one cup, the Juliette one.
You were corrected so we don't know if a Grimm blood would change a zauberbiest or not. Thought I had a great insight but turns out only double vision.Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 10-01-2015

A question. If Adalind used the spell to transform herself into Juliette during her advanced pregnancy, would she "as Juliette" be pregnant?

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Lin S. - 10-01-2015

Well Adalind "tempted" Nick first, got pregnant first so my questions would be was Juliette carrying Adalind's child not the other way around.

But is Silverton the opposite side of Shade? Yes. Like Jekyll and Hyde I believe Juliette and Adalind are the same person.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 01:06 PM)Lin S. Wrote: Well Adalind "tempted" Nick first, got pregnant first so my questions would be was Juliette carrying Adalind's child not the other way around.

But is Silverton the opposite side of Shade? Yes. Like Jekyll and Hyde I believe Juliette and Adalind are the same person.

But that's not my question. What I asked was this:

If Adalind used the spell to transform herself into Juliette during her advanced pregnancy, would she "as Juliette" be pregnant?

This is about a spell, not about who tempted who.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Lin S. - 10-02-2015

I think you are right. There is only 1 pregnancy here, seen through different perspectives. So no when Adalind changed herself into Juliette that first time she was not pregnant because Juliette was not pregnant.

But by the same token when Juliette changed herself into Adalind, the second spell, she would have become pregnant because Adalind was at that time.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 12:40 AM)Lin S. Wrote: I think you are right. There is only 1 pregnancy here, seen through different perspectives. So no when Adalind changed herself into Juliette that first time she was not pregnant because Juliette was not pregnant.

But by the same token when Juliette changed herself into Adalind, the second spell, she would have become pregnant because Adalind was at that time.

I think we've discovered a major plothole here. The writers are stating that Adalind, under the guise of Juliette, became pregnant with Nick's baby. That could happen. She was using Juliette's DNA to make the spell work. The spell would have physically turned her into Juliette, all the way down to the uterus. The baby implanted there would have had Juliette' DNA and Nick's DNA because Adalind was physically Juliette at that point in time. Had she remained in the image of "Juliette", it would be plausible that she could carry the baby to term.

In theory, however, once the spell was broken, there should have been no pregnancy. The baby was conceived under a different form using different DNA. Once Adalind became Adalind by taking on her own form and DNA, the baby should have dissipated along with the spell. The writers are pulling a fast one here by talking about a pregnancy that could not have existed.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Lin S. - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 05:19 AM)irukandji Wrote: I think we've discovered a major plothole here. The writers are stating that Adalind, under the guise of Juliette, became pregnant with Nick's baby. That could happen. She was using Juliette's DNA to make the spell work. The spell would have physically turned her into Juliette, all the way down to the uterus. The baby implanted there would have had Juliette' DNA and Nick's DNA because Adalind was physically Juliette at that point in time. Had she remained in the image of "Juliette", it would be plausible that she could carry the baby to term.

In theory, however, once the spell was broken, there should have been no pregnancy. The baby was conceived under a different form using different DNA. Once Adalind became Adalind by taking on her own form and DNA, the baby should have dissipated along with the spell. The writers are pulling a fast one here by talking about a pregnancy that could not have existed.

You are assuming that Adalind and Juliette do have different DNA. That they are two distinct different human beings. What if one is the light (Silverton) and one is the dark (Shade) version of the same person?

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 06:03 AM)Lin S. Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 05:19 AM)irukandji Wrote: I think we've discovered a major plothole here. The writers are stating that Adalind, under the guise of Juliette, became pregnant with Nick's baby. That could happen. She was using Juliette's DNA to make the spell work. The spell would have physically turned her into Juliette, all the way down to the uterus. The baby implanted there would have had Juliette' DNA and Nick's DNA because Adalind was physically Juliette at that point in time. Had she remained in the image of "Juliette", it would be plausible that she could carry the baby to term.

You are assuming that Adalind and Juliette do have different DNA. That they are two distinct different human beings. What if one is the light (Silverton) and one is the (dark) version of the same person?

I think this post has many questions that should be answered before we get to the : does Adelaind and Nick baby have Juliette DNA or Adelaind DNA?

This idea of Juliette and Adelaind being the same person like Hide and Jackill is one idea. The problem is that I remember seen Adelaind and Juliette at the same place more the once.

Another question I have never seeing answered here in the forum (the show didn't answer to)... Is: how deep had Adelaind turn into Juliette by the speel?

Irukandji is considering Adelaind changed deep into the DNA. This is a possibility. But she could have changed only externally, her appearance.... Internally considering internal organs and her DNA Adelaind could still be Adelaind. I guess (this is just a guess) the writers are following thus path simply because this explains Adelaind baby being Adelaind's and the writers don't need to explain how the DNA could have being magically changed. It is easier for them.

The point is.... We don't how powerful and deep was Adelaind transformation to consider that she was Juliette DNA when the baby was conceived. I think this is the first question to be answered.