Grimm Forum
Magic Spells and Potions - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Magic Spells and Potions (/Thread-Magic-Spells-and-Potions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Wessenrein - 06-10-2015

Yeah, I would not say Aunt Maries warning was prophetic but it likely came from her own experience, meaning what she had seen during her life as a Grimm. It makes sense to me because it's highly more likely that many, if not the majority, of Grimm/normal human relationships would suffer tragedy and quite a bit sooner than say a Grimm/Wessen (if that's ever happened lol), or a Grimm/Grimm relationship. I say this for one reason, a normal human, especially someone like Juliette, she was a veterinarian and less likely able to defend herself as well as another Wessen or Grimm. Just my point of view.

I know Hank and Wu are normal humans but they're not in a relationship with a Grimm, well not like Nick and Juliette, and they're cops used to carrying guns and going after bad guys. At least they have years of experience and training.

Ah, the spell that was supposed to kill Juliette's Hexxeenbeist, the one she didn't want to drink. lol No, I don't believe it was poisoned, remember, Adalind sampled it first just to be sure it worked, it did, her Hbeist has been quiet, though she only took a sip and for that reason, I don't think the effects will last long for her, Adalind's Hbeist will wake up again and then I think Adalind will be back to her old way, my guess, is about halfway or so through season 5.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - jsgrimm45 - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 06:52 AM)Wessenrein Wrote: Yeah, I would not say Aunt Maries warning was prophetic but it likely came from her own experience, meaning what she had seen during her life as a Grimm. It makes sense to me because it's highly more likely that many, if not the majority, of Grimm/normal human relationships would suffer tragedy and quite a bit sooner than say a Grimm/Wessen (if that's ever happened lol), or a Grimm/Grimm relationship. I say this for one reason, a normal human, especially someone like Juliette, she was a veterinarian and less likely able to defend herself as well as another Wessen or Grimm. Just my point of view.

I know Hank and Wu are normal humans but they're not in a relationship with a Grimm, well not like Nick and Juliette, and they're cops used to carrying guns and going after bad guys. At least they have years of experience and training.

Ah, the spell that was supposed to kill Juliette's Hexxeenbeist, the one she didn't want to drink. lol No, I don't believe it was poisoned, remember, Adalind sampled it first just to be sure it worked, it did, her Hbeist has been quiet, though she only took a sip and for that reason, I don't think the effects will last long for her, Adalind's Hbeist will wake up again and then I think Adalind will be back to her old way, my guess, is about halfway or so through season 5.
See the same thing thinking the hexenbeist comes back the same way as with Diana with the birth of Nick's son but she will hide the fact. Due to the fact it was suppressed Nick's son will be a Grimm at birth because his mother is a hexenbeist and did use the potion.

Yes, that I could see happening, I think Nick's son will be a Grimm, and Adalind's use of the suppression potion enforces that logic/idea even more. I do believe he will be a Grimm but nothing more than that, nowhere near what Diana seems to be.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 06-10-2015

(06-10-2015, 06:52 AM)Wessenrein Wrote: Ah, the spell that was supposed to kill Juliette's Hexxeenbeist, the one she didn't want to drink. lol No, I don't believe it was poisoned, remember, Adalind sampled it first just to be sure it worked, it did, her Hbeist has been quiet, though she only took a sip and for that reason, I don't think the effects will last long for her, Adalind's Hbeist will wake up again and then I think Adalind will be back to her old way, my guess, is about halfway or so through season 5.

Well, my first question to this is, what is it exactly that we are seeing? I saw a spirit (some people say there were two) that left Adalind for a moment and then came right back to her. Then if I remember correctly, she says something to the effect that she back to being human again. Really, based on what? Her word? Don't forget, this woman is as trustworthy as a rattlesnake. Her words mean nothing.

And what about this potion? Can the body parts of a dead hexenbiest really be used to make a potion to suppress/banish a spirit within a live hexenbiest? We were shown previously that it takes a Grimm's blood to banish the hexenbiest spirit. I wonder if the specific body parts Adalind selected are in fact harmless to her but deadly to someone like Juliette.

Then there's Adalind's uncertainty over the effectiveness of the potion on Juliette. Rosalie was shocked that Adalind 'thought' the potion might work. I found this most disturbing because it gives Adalind an out if Juliette dies. All she has to do is claim plausible deniability, in short, she never claimed it would work, she 'thought' it would work.

There is a thread out there about small meaningless things that could end up as major clues later. I could be wrong, but I think there are things with regard to the potion that will end up as clues in season 5.

Well, even Kelly (at least I pretty sure it was Kelly) that confirmed the blood of a Grimm can kill a Hexxenbeist's powers. Adalin's mom also new she was powerless as soon as she saw her.

I only recall seeing the beist partially come out of Adalind, and it looked like it was struggling to stay in her but it seemed to me as if it disappeared, either flew away or vanished into thin air. I believe the Hbeist is a demon or demon spirit, whichever description fits best.

As far as the suppression potion goes, I believe it has worked on Adalind, as she tried to Woge but could not, now, she only took a sip, so I don't believe the effects will be permanent and when the beist wakes up, it's not gonna be happy and I believe Adalind will fall right back into being the evil, witch that she is.

As to Adalind only "thinking" the potion would work, two reasons, one I don't believe Adalind is the most accomplished Hbeist or witch, I think she still had a lot to learn from her mother but Kelly cut that short. lol Two, I doubt very many Hbeists would have experience with such a potion, after all, it wouldn't be their first choice to test it out.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 06-10-2015

I honestly can't even recall the hexenbiest spirit. I was reading some comments from others stating that there were two spirits and both of them went back into Adalind shortly after she had the sip.

I just can't see Adalind even helping Juliette when not so long ago she was demanding her death. It's also hard to believe Adalind would help the same people who kidnapped her baby. Even harder to believe is that the scoobie gang would have anything to do with her after what she did to Nick.

The whole episode felt wrong and that's why I wonder if there were clues that will be detailed in season 5.

sorry irukandji, I thought you were talking about when Adalind's powers were taken when she bit Nick's lip and got Grimm blood in her., that's when I saw the demon spirit.

As to when Adalind took the sip of the suppression potion, I didn't see anything come out of her body, only that she tried to Woge and her face turned wrinkly looking for a moment but then went back to normal, nothing else.

I think Adalind was only helping Nick (and the gang) to get Diana back. As for her helping Juliette, I think she found out very quickly that Juliette could kick her ass and kill her quite easily and that she could not kill Juliette, not without help and she didn't have anybody to rely on for that help. So, I think she figured that her best defense was to try and get rid of Julette's Hbeist.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 06-11-2015

(06-10-2015, 06:29 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: As to Adalind only "thinking" the potion would work, two reasons, one I don't believe Adalind is the most accomplished Hbeist or witch, I think she still had a lot to learn from her mother but Kelly cut that short. lol Two, I doubt very many Hbeists would have experience with such a potion, after all, it wouldn't be their first choice to test it out.

I was researching the Grimm wiki tonight about potions and spells. Oddly enough, there isn't a lot there, other than the Zaubertrank recipe book, which is the book Adalind used to concoct her transformation to Juliette spell. If I remember correctly (and please let me know if I'm wrong), Adalind had to search through her mother's things for the book and I think she had to look for the hat as well. So I'm wondering if a hexenbiest has to be taught to perform these spells and portions, or if they can simply go to the recipe book and cook up what they need. Thoughts?

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 05:11 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 06:29 PM)Wessenrein Wrote: As to Adalind only "thinking" the potion would work, two reasons, one I don't believe Adalind is the most accomplished Hbeist or witch, I think she still had a lot to learn from her mother but Kelly cut that short. lol Two, I doubt very many Hbeists would have experience with such a potion, after all, it wouldn't be their first choice to test it out.

I was researching the Grimm wiki tonight about potions and spells. Oddly enough, there isn't a lot there, other than the Zaubertrank recipe book, which is the book Adalind used to concoct her transformation to Juliette spell. If I remember correctly (and please let me know if I'm wrong), Adalind had to search through her mother's things for the book and I think she had to look for the hat as well. So I'm wondering if a hexenbiest has to be taught to perform these spells and portions, or if they can simply go to the recipe book and cook up what they need. Thoughts?

Just to think. Adelaind made the potion that made Juliette sleep and forget all about Nick when she waked up. When she made this potion she was with out her powers because Nick had killed the hexenbiest in her. I don't know if all potions, but certainly there are potions that you need just the recipe.

And must exist other potions that only a hexenbiest is able to perform....

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 05:30 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: Just to think. Adelaind made the potion that made Juliette sleep and forget all about Nick when she waked up. When she made this potion she was with out her powers because Nick had killed the hexenbiest in her. I don't know if all potions, but certainly there are potions that you need just the recipe.

And must exist other potions that only a hexenbiest is able to perform....

Very interesting. In the Earth Children books, the Neanderthal do not learn the way modern man does. They already know things, a sort of instinct. When Ayla, a non-Neanderthal girl, is taken into the clan, she has to memorize what the Neanderthal naturally know, which includes medicines and other practical things.

When we first see Adalind, she is an attorney. As an attorney she probably wouldn't have need of any spells and potions. But if she needed them, could she simply 'retrieve' them from her memory?