Grimm Forum
Magic Spells and Potions - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Magic Spells and Potions (/Thread-Magic-Spells-and-Potions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Hell Rell - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 05:18 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 04:58 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Could Eve be part Grimm? Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?

What would that even mean??? What would Grimm do that a hexenbiest could not. Other then the intimidation of a Grimms eyes. But hexenbiest have their own intimidation factor.

Something about the way she put her hood on in the restaurant reminded me of Kelly.
I originally thought the reason Diana was so powerful is because she has some of Nick's blood in her. I also thought that may have been the reason she took a liking to Mama Grimm and coveted the locket with Nick's picture in it. I assumed there may be some blood connection at play here until the ritual during Adalind's pregnancy was revealed as the cause.

I know it sounds weird because the blood of a Grimm can kill a Hexenbiest spirit. But, I was thinking that a Hexenbiest who was born with Grimm blood can adapt to it and use it to enhance their powers.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 03-01-2016

(02-29-2016, 10:23 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I know it sounds weird because the blood of a Grimm can kill a Hexenbiest spirit. But, I was thinking that a Hexenbiest who was born with Grimm blood can adapt to it and use it to enhance their powers.

It does indeed. But something about the way Eve put that hood on reminded me a lot of Kelly. Funny thing, both Kelly and Trubel wore hoods. I have to say, that scene where Eve puts on that hood and woges into a hexenbiest was awesome. I really thought that was well done.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Hell Rell - 03-01-2016

(03-01-2016, 09:25 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 10:23 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I know it sounds weird because the blood of a Grimm can kill a Hexenbiest spirit. But, I was thinking that a Hexenbiest who was born with Grimm blood can adapt to it and use it to enhance their powers.

It does indeed. But something about the way Eve put that hood on reminded me a lot of Kelly. Funny thing, both Kelly and Trubel wore hoods. I have to say, that scene where Eve puts on that hood and woges into a hexenbiest was awesome. I really thought that was well done.
That scene where she puts on the hood looks eerily similar to Kelly right down to the head tilted down and the glare. Kelly had a laser focus on the job at hand and it seems like Eve adopted that into her personality. I know she was brainwashed but it would be kind of cool if she subconsciously is trying to imitate the type of person she thought Kelly was due to an underlying guilt.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 03-29-2016

(03-01-2016, 11:07 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:

That scene where she puts on the hood looks eerily similar to Kelly right down to the head tilted down and the glare. Kelly had a laser focus on the job at hand and it seems like Eve adopted that into her personality. I know she was brainwashed but it would be kind of cool if she subconsciously is trying to imitate the type of person she thought Kelly was due to an underlying guilt.

That is a really interesting idea. Would that have been part of her brainwashing? To mold herself after Kelly?

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - brandon - 03-29-2016

I agree with it.It would have to do with the mind.
as is often seen that sometimes the victim of abuse is reflected in its abusador.asi sometimes it happens with some people.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - droid327 - 03-29-2016

(03-29-2016, 05:23 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 11:07 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:

That is a really interesting idea. Would that have been part of her brainwashing? To mold herself after Kelly?

Or even crazier...maybe its NOT Juliette after all. Maybe Juliette really DID die, but through some inscrutable and poorly-explained machination of Wesen magic, maybe its really *Kelly's* consciousness that's in Eve's body right now. Transferred to Juliette's brain like Spock's katra, but then Juliette died, but then Kelly's life-force reasserted itself once Juliette was gone and brought the body back, like a "backup life". Juliette's memories, but Kelly's will and self-awareness.

That'd explain the personality, the insistence that she's not Juliette, the emotional distance she's keeping from everyone, the suddenly awesome fighting skills, and probably a measure of self-loathing, as a lifelong Grimm who suddenly is a Hexenbiest. And, as a Grimm, she'd know exactly how to use her newfound powers to their full and terrible extent.

Honestly that'd make Eve about 1000 times less annoying, if that were the reason behind all her idiosyncratic behaviors and it wasn't just that Bitsie cant act and the writers cant write Smile

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Hell Rell - 03-29-2016

[/quote]

I think HW would have been wise to make that part of her brainwashing after they learned of Kelly's death and how it happened. Meisner and Adalind didn't know who they were meeting while on the run but Meisner did say that the resistance would only send the best to get Diana to safety. He got his confirmation once he saw the fallen Verrat members who were there to ambush them thanks to Kelly. Kelly's reputation combined with Juliette's guilt would have made molding her after Kelly a great opportunity.

(03-29-2016, 08:31 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I think HW would have been wise to make that part of her brainwashing after they learned of Kelly's death and how it happened. Meisner and Adalind didn't know who they were meeting while on the run but Meisner did say that the resistance would only send the best to get Diana to safety. He got his confirmation once he saw the fallen Verrat members who were there to ambush them thanks to Kelly. Kelly's reputation combined with Juliette's guilt would have made molding her after Kelly a great opportunity.

These are some great points. I continue to wonder if all of this was a master plan by HW and the resistance. Kelly was made part of the plan since she had Diana. It also stands to reason that Kelly may have known she was going to die as part of the plan.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Rotkäppchen - 03-29-2016

I need to see shrink just thinking about Juleve and mama Kelly being intertwined. If I were Nick I would be like fuggetabowtit and get the h out of dodge for sure HAHA too Freudian for me Smile

(03-29-2016, 03:16 PM)Rotkäppchen Wrote: I need to see shrink just thinking about Juleve and mama Kelly being intertwined. If I were Nick I would be like fuggetabowtit and get the h out of dodge for sure HAHA too Freudian for me Smile

Actually, it might not be so different from Adalind and Nick being intertwined. Didn't Elizabeth say they were connected in different ways? It'd really be interesting if Eve could change into Kelly.