Grimm Forum
Magic Spells and Potions - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Magic Spells and Potions (/Thread-Magic-Spells-and-Potions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - syscrash - 02-12-2016

Logical integrity only comes into question when making an assumption, or drawing a conclusion. A statement of fact has no room for investigation. The middle of the day and you are underground and I tell you the sun is up. Would you still need to verify it?

The fact is there are four parts to any contract. My opinion is consideration is the important one. But a bloody mark only show acceptance.
No offer, no consequence, and definitely no consideration.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 02-12-2016

(02-12-2016, 01:36 PM)syscrash Wrote: Logical integrity only comes into question when making an assumption, or drawing a conclusion. A statement of fact has no room for investigation. The middle of the day and you are underground and I tell you the sun is up. Would you still need to verify it?

The fact is there are four parts to any contract. My opinion is consideration is the important one. But a bloody mark only show acceptance.
No offer, no consequence, and definitely no consideration.

Syscrash, let me ask this. With regard to your example, how do you know the sun is up? Did you go check it? Is it your opinion? Did you use scientific data? What's the location? See, in Central America, the sun might be up high in the sky in midday. At the Arctic Circle, it might not have risen at all.

If you trotted up the stairs, opened the door and saw the sun was up, shouldn't anyone else be given that same consideration? If you based it on someone else's opinion, that's your choice. If you took a star chart and figured the position of the sun, that is also your choice.

The important thing is that you were given a choice. A few choices in fact. Since you were given a choice, in all fairness, anyone who questions your statement should be allowed the same choices.

I don't happen to agree with your opinion, and you said it yourself, it is an opinion. It is not fact. You might be correct, or you could be incorrect. I don't know. It requires further research on my part.

How I know the sun is up because we are having the conversation. there is only two ways the sun could not come up. it doesn't exist which means we don't exist. or the earth stop spinning which means we don't exist.

Stating it is the middle of the day and you question is the sun up as something that could be debated. I wold really like to hear you argument for this debate. Being obscured from view does not alter the fact it is there. Your argument is like if a tree falls and no one is there does it make a sound.

The only know occurrence I know of where a given can be altered by observation is with sub atomic particles. Which under testing are shown to be there but under observation they are not.

(02-12-2016, 03:27 PM)syscrash Wrote: How I know the sun is up because we are having the conversation. there is only two ways the sun could not come up. it doesn't exist which means we don't exist. or the earth stop spinning which means we don't exist.

Stating it is the middle of the day and you question is the sun up as something that could be debated. I wold really like to hear you argument for this debate. Being obscured from view does not alter the fact it is there. Your argument is like if a tree falls and no one is there does it make a sound.

The only know occurrence I know of where a given can be altered by observation is with sub atomic particles. Which under testing are shown to be there but under observation they are not.

So it's your assumption that the sun is up, correct?

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - New Guy - 02-12-2016

Hello Irukandji and Syscrash,
In consideration of the issues at hand you may both may consider Wikipedia as a point of reference:
Quote:Consideration is the concept of legal value in connection with contracts. It is anything of value promised to another when making a contract. It can take the form of money, physical objects, services, promised actions, abstinence from a future action, and much more. Consideration to create a legally enforceable contract entails a bargained for, legal detriment incurred by the promisee OR a legal benefit to the promisor. Under the notion of "pre-existing duties", if either the promisor or the promisee already had a legal obligation to render such payment, it cannot be seen as consideration in the legal sense.

In common law it is a prerequisite that both parties offer consideration before a contract can be thought of as binding. The doctrine of consideration is irrelevant in many jurisdictions, although contemporary commercial litigant relations have held the relationship between a promise and a deed is a reflection of the nature of contractual considerations. If there is no element of consideration found, there is thus no contract formed.
Just sayin'.
New Guy

(02-12-2016, 03:44 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Irukandji and Syscrash,
In consideration of the issues at hand you may both may consider Wikipedia as a point of reference:
Quote:Consideration is the concept of legal value in connection with contracts. It is anything of value promised to another when making a contract. It can take the form of money, physical objects, services, promised actions, abstinence from a future action, and much more. Consideration to create a legally enforceable contract entails a bargained for, legal detriment incurred by the promisee OR a legal benefit to the promisor. Under the notion of "pre-existing duties", if either the promisor or the promisee already had a legal obligation to render such payment, it cannot be seen as consideration in the legal sense.

In common law it is a prerequisite that both parties offer consideration before a contract can be thought of as binding. The doctrine of consideration is irrelevant in many jurisdictions, although contemporary commercial litigant relations have held the relationship between a promise and a deed is a reflection of the nature of contractual considerations. If there is no element of consideration found, there is thus no contract formed.
Just sayin'.
New Guy

Let's go outside of the law. If a person joins a gang, is that action considered a contract?

Quote:So it's your assumption that the sun is up, correct?

No that is not my assumption. during the middle of the day that is a fact. a none debatable fact.

from a scientific standpoint the sun being up is false because the sun neither rises or set. the earth rotates.

The anticipation of hearing your rationalization is killing me. you have one I can just feel it, in my opinion.

Quote:Let's go outside of the law. If a person joins a gang, is that action considered a contract?

joining a gang is an allegiance or an alliance. A contact to join the gang can be formed but the act of joining the gang is not a contract.
Take the Military you pledge allegiance to the service. You create a contract that governs your actions or service. Two different events.

(02-12-2016, 03:56 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:So it's your assumption that the sun is up, correct?

No that is not my assumption. during the middle of the day that is a fact. a none debatable fact.

from a scientific standpoint the sun being up is false because the sun neither rises or set. the earth rotates.

The anticipation of hearing your rationalization is killing me. you have one I can just feel it, in my opinion.

It's killing you? Seriously? I would have to disagree, in view that this is a very debatable statement.

Quote:It's killing you? Seriously? I would have to disagree, in view that this is a very debatable statement.

Killing as in extremely curious. or curiosity killed the cat.

what part of that comment is beatable??

(02-12-2016, 04:28 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:It's killing you? Seriously? I would have to disagree, in view that this is a very debatable statement.

Killing as in extremely curious. or curiosity killed the cat.

Oh, okay.