Grimm Forum
Magic Spells and Potions - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Magic Spells and Potions (/Thread-Magic-Spells-and-Potions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 06-04-2015 05:27 PM

I went through the discussions the other day and didn't see a topic dedicated to this. I wanted to ask a question about the potion that turned Juliette into Adalind so she could help Nick get his powers back. My question is this: Did Juliette actually become Adalind or was she simply Juliette in Adalind's form?

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - jsgrimm45 - 06-04-2015 06:11 PM

(06-04-2015 05:27 PM)irukandji Wrote:  I went through the discussions the other day and didn't see a topic dedicated to this. I wanted to ask a question about the potion that turned Juliette into Adalind so she could help Nick get his powers back. My question is this: Did Juliette actually become Adalind or was she simply Juliette in Adalind's form?
Juliette told Nick it was still her. So just a surface change.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Wessenrein - 06-04-2015 06:56 PM

yup, Juliette was told she'd still be herself just look like Adalind but it was mentioned that side effects could happen, and boy did they.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 06-05-2015 04:50 AM

(06-04-2015 06:56 PM)Wessenrein Wrote:  yup, Juliette was told she'd still be herself just look like Adalind but it was mentioned that side effects could happen, and boy did they.

It seems odd to me that a side effect of this potion would be to become a hexenbiest. I'm wondering now if perhaps Juliette was a hexenbiest all along.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Wessenrein - 06-05-2015 06:36 AM

(06-05-2015 04:50 AM)irukandji Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 06:56 PM)Wessenrein Wrote:  yup, Juliette was told she'd still be herself just look like Adalind but it was mentioned that side effects could happen, and boy did they.

It seems odd to me that a side effect of this potion would be to become a hexenbiest. I'm wondering now if perhaps Juliette was a hexenbiest all along.

I don't believe that to be the case, as I'm sure the beist would have been let loose long before season 4, especially with all of the things Adalind was doing.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 06-05-2015 07:09 AM

(06-05-2015 06:36 AM)Wessenrein Wrote:  I don't believe that to be the case, as I'm sure the beist would have been let loose long before season 4, especially with all of the things Adalind was doing.

I thought that way too, but Nick himself was a late bloomer.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - jsgrimm45 - 06-05-2015 08:43 AM

My 2 cents I think when they used Adalind hair for the potion (stealing from CSI) Adalind hair carried the hexenbeist potion from her getting her powers back. I think Elizabeth fell this when she tested the potion and that's why she told them to add 1 drop less that last time thinking this would prevent this. Elizabeth was already a hexenbeist so that test didn't effect her (we may find out it did and she has more power also) she was a strong hexenbeist in her own right would make for a interesting surprise.

Does this track?

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Wessenrein - 06-05-2015 03:58 PM

(06-05-2015 07:09 AM)irukandji Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 06:36 AM)Wessenrein Wrote:  I don't believe that to be the case, as I'm sure the beist would have been let loose long before season 4, especially with all of the things Adalind was doing.

I thought that way too, but Nick himself was a late bloomer.

Nick was a late bloomer, correct, but Kelly told Nick that female Grimms get their abilities much quicker than males.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - irukandji - 06-05-2015 05:57 PM

(06-05-2015 08:43 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:  My 2 cents I think when they used Adalind hair for the potion (stealing from CSI) Adalind hair carried the hexenbeist potion from her getting her powers back. I think Elizabeth fell this when she tested the potion and that's why she told them to add 1 drop less that last time thinking this would prevent this. Elizabeth was already a hexenbeist so that test didn't effect her (we may find out it did and she has more power also) she was a strong hexenbeist in her own right would make for a interesting surprise.

Does this track?

I like the idea of the hexenbiest potion in Adelind's hair. That being said, I just don't see how it could work. From what I understand, the potion that Adelind took gave her back her hexenbiest spirit. Juliette does not have a hexenbiest spirit. Would a hair containing a fragment of potion whose primary purpose was to capture a hexenbiest spirit make a human into a hexenbiest without a spirit? It just doesn't seem likely.

I also thought Henrietta's reaction to Juliette would have been different had this been the result of a potion. But she acts like the hexenbiest part of Juliette is/was and will/be a permanent thing.

So I'm back to the thought that perhaps Juliette had the blood of the hexenbiest within her all along and this wasn't a side effect of the potion.

RE: Magic Spells and Potions - Gaultheria - 06-05-2015 07:25 PM

Juliette's hexenbiest features could have come from Sean. He had to temporarily purge his zauber side before waking Juliette from the sleeping spell, lest bad things happen. If he missed a bit and passed it on like a virus, it could have taken a long time to incubate from that small sample.