Grimm Forum
Longmire Fans - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Longmire Fans (/Thread-Longmire-Fans)

Pages: 1 2

Longmire Fans - jsgrimm45 - 06-04-2015

Has anyone heard if that series will be pick up be another network? Last read it was being talk about. That's why I hate JR episodes the series is dropped so the fans are left out of an ending. Same thing happen with Stargate Atlantis was talk of a close out movie for a time than last I read that was dropped. Let's raise up and end JR episodesTongue

RE: Longmire Fans - irukandji - 06-04-2015

(06-04-2015, 02:02 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Has anyone heard if that series will be pick up be another network? Last read it was being talk about. That's why I hate JR episodes the series is dropped so the fans are left out of an ending. Same thing happen with Stargate Atlantis was talk of a close out movie for a time than last I read that was dropped. Let's raise up and end JR episodesTongue

js, I heard the series went to Netflix. I loved Longmire and was sorry to see it had been dropped from A & E. Last I heard, I thought it was set to premiere in May, but after checking, now it seems it's set for the fall.

RE: Longmire Fans - jsgrimm45 - 06-04-2015

(06-04-2015, 05:19 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 02:02 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Has anyone heard if that series will be pick up be another network? Last read it was being talk about. That's why I hate JR episodes the series is dropped so the fans are left out of an ending. Same thing happen with Stargate Atlantis was talk of a close out movie for a time than last I read that was dropped. Let's raise up and end JR episodesTongue

js, I heard the series went to Netflix. I loved Longmire and was sorry to see it had been dropped from A & E. Last I heard, I thought it was set to premiere in May, but after checking, now it seems it's set for the fall.
Has Netflix went in to production or just the season reruns? As I do use Netflix don't know they had start producing there own shows.

RE: Longmire Fans - irukandji - 06-04-2015

(06-04-2015, 06:09 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(06-04-2015, 05:19 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Has Netflix went in to production or just the season reruns? As I do use Netflix don't know they had start producing there own shows.

What it sounded like was that Netflix ordered 10 episodes for the fourth season. Ally Walker is scheduled to appear during the season so I don't believe they are reruns.

RE: Longmire Fans - Lou - 06-04-2015

What's a "JR" episode?
and what is Longmire about?

RE: Longmire Fans - jsgrimm45 - 06-05-2015

(06-04-2015, 08:02 PM)Lou Wrote: What's a "JR" episode?
and what is Longmire about?
Longmire was a modern western sheriff just a normal sheriff, but with the underlining plot his wife (who had cancer) was murdered an he was tracking that down. Just well written and good week to week story's. The first time a season ending episode on TV that left open ended was Dallas and who shot JR for the Dallas fans that was the talk all during the off season, they kept (the who) well hidden even from the stars. It than became the way to end a season every program now has the two part ending to the season. Dallas opened up other new program plots, they had a complete season that was a dream. Don't get me wrong I was a fan but almost every week even on nightly news who shot JR. Before Dallas when a season ended all the threads for the season were close and you looked forward to the next season to get a new story plot.

RE: Longmire Fans - Lou - 06-05-2015

Oh! thanks.
I wonder if a JR ending helps to make sure the show gets re-newed. Although I think in most cases the show runners already know that their show is being renewed before the last episode goes in the can. I guess it makes sure they get all their "old" viewers back.

The season finale for iZombie is next week. Veronica Mars never had a JR episode. And iZombie has already been renewed. So I'm hoping they don't give us a cliff hanger. Or at least not a huge one.

RE: Longmire Fans - jsgrimm45 - 06-05-2015

(06-05-2015, 07:22 AM)Lou Wrote: Oh! thanks.
I wonder if a JR ending helps to make sure the show gets re-newed. Although I think in most cases the show runners already know that their show is being renewed before the last episode goes in the can. I guess it makes sure they get all their "old" viewers back.

The season finale for iZombie is next week. Veronica Mars never had a JR episode. And iZombie has already been renewed. So I'm hoping they don't give us a cliff hanger. Or at least not a huge one.
Let me know if they do Lou I'll say they do. Almost all shows now do the Dallas thing so it doesn't get the play it did back then. Then it was new and did cause a stir in TV.

RE: Longmire Fans - irukandji - 12-25-2017

I am curious to know if anyone has watched the final season of Longmire or knows if it's even on Netflix yet? I had heard that it was originally scheduled to appear in September.

RE: Longmire Fans - jsgrimm45 - 12-27-2017

(12-25-2017, 09:00 AM)irukandji Wrote: I am curious to know if anyone has watched the final season of Longmire or knows if it's even on Netflix yet? I had heard that it was originally scheduled to appear in September.
Season 6 is the last overall I like the final episode other that Walt being with Vic. I wouldn't have done that just me.