Grimm Forum
2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 2 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-2)
+---- Thread: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm (/Thread-2x22-Goodnight-Sweet-Grimm--159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Lou - 06-11-2013

Ha! I can't wait till the day the HJ and I agree on something.
Rosalee is my hero.
Unlike Monroe and Nick, she always knows what to say. She never gets stuck with mumblings and stuttering. And she always know what is the right thing to do. She is not awkward in social situations. Is smart and clever (like a fox).
I think she is the most together of all the Grimm Squad. Maybe with practice Juliette may give her some competition for the most together in season 3.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - FräuleinWunderlich - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 10:18 AM)Lou Wrote: For all we know the cubby hole, passports, and cash are left overs from her brother, who was probably a little bit shady.

Or they could have something to do with the underground - remember wesons who were being hunter by the, was it the verat, would come by to get snuck out of the country.

That´s what also thought first. At the moment I´m not more sure with these theory. I love Rosalee, she so great with her books and stuff. Maybe too good. We haven´t seen her dark side till now.
I know, I will take a special look on her at the rewatch. Wink

(06-11-2013, 10:18 AM)Lou Wrote: or it could all be red herrings. And in the first 10 minutes of season 3 Renard rescues Nick before Eric gets a chance to take Nick to the airport.

I think that would happen. The writers can´t make a season without THE maincharakter. This has not been worked on Buffy and it would also not work in Gimm. ( in my opinion)

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - HellJacket - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 12:25 PM)Lou Wrote: Ha! I can't wait till the day the HJ and I agree on something.
You are not the first person to say this to me, and likely will be far from the last.

(06-11-2013, 12:25 PM)Lou Wrote: Unlike Monroe and Nick, she always knows what to say. She never gets stuck with mumblings and stuttering. And she always know what is the right thing to do. She is not awkward in social situations. Is smart and clever (like a fox).
I think she is the most together of all the Grimm Squad. Maybe with practice Juliette may give her some competition for the most together in season 3.
Translation: She's Miss Perfect with no personality. Just like Hermione.

For the record, I understand where you are coming from. Some people think Superman is a well written character (hint: I don't like Superman either). My Google search engine knows more than I would ever hope to know in a million years. But it has absolutely no personality, like Rosalee, and like Hermione.

What's interesting is that Rosalee's lack of personality is actually totally out of character. She's supposed to be a recovering drug addict with a brother who was a shady drug dealer. No episode since the first one where she was introduced has been consistent with that background. *gives mean look to Grimm writers* I, personally, would find that Rosalee far more interesting than the one we have. But yeah, that's a question of taste, and most people agree with you, Lou.

I like Hermione too. Ever since that first day of school when her hand shot up to answer a question, I really liked her.
The movie people got really lucky too. I don't think they could have expected the 12 years old girl they casted to turn out so well.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - HellJacket - 06-11-2013

(06-11-2013, 02:21 PM)Lou Wrote: I like Hermione too. Ever since that first day of school when her hand shot up to answer a question, I really liked her.

Yeah, liking or disliking a character all comes down to taste. I would like to reiterate one point, though. "Finding a character boring" or "not liking Rosalee" does not mean I hate Rosalee in the way Juliette haters actively despise her character. Whether Rosalee is around or not, there is no effect on my enjoyment of the show.

The only thing I might add is that Rosalee's knowledge of all wessen illnesses is becoming a cheap plot device by the writers to tie up episodes. But that's more a dislike of certain aspects of Grimm's writing than disliking her character.

There is a silver lining of all the Juliette haters: It has added another element of tension (at least for me) to the show, cause I'm always worried that the writers are gonna cave to the haters and kill her.