Grimm Forum
2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 2 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-2)
+---- Thread: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm (/Thread-2x22-Goodnight-Sweet-Grimm--159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - speakeasy - 06-01-2013

Just wanted to add a little more information to support the notion that the seven royal families have a grand agenda that would not be in the better interest of the rest of the population:

l. Several times Sean Renard has mentioned that he is opposing the families because they are working to regain their lost power to dominate all world governments - which would mean the end to democracy and the emergence of totalitarianism.

2. There was a character named Mia Gaurod (?) in the episode in which Angelina is being paid to kill Monroe. She is a member of one of the families, has connections to the Dragon's Tongue, and is the one who put the contract out on Monroe's life to discourage wesens from working with a Grimm (and possibly sent Kimura to get the coins). That makes another royal family that, if not bad, at least is in opposition to Renard and Nick.

3. The seven keys hold the map to the object that enables great power (and that can only mean domination, imo) to those who wield it - and the Grimm Knights went to great lengths to hide it from the seven royal families they worked for.

Of course, this position only works if you start out with the supposition that Nick's and Renard's side is the right one (and that's my premise), which leaves the seven royal houses on the side of wrong.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - pale boy - 06-04-2013

(06-01-2013, 08:30 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Just wanted to add a little more information to support the notion that the seven royal families have a grand agenda that would not be in the better interest of the rest of the population:

l. Several times Sean Renard has mentioned that he is opposing the families because they are working to regain their lost power to dominate all world governments - which would mean the end to democracy and the emergence of totalitarianism.

2. There was a character named Mia Gaurod (?) in the episode in which Angelina is being paid to kill Monroe. She is a member of one of the families, has connections to the Dragon's Tongue, and is the one who put the contract out on Monroe's life to discourage wesens from working with a Grimm (and possibly sent Kimura to get the coins). That makes another royal family that, if not bad, at least is in opposition to Renard and Nick.

3. The seven keys hold the map to the object that enables great power (and that can only mean domination, imo) to those who wield it - and the Grimm Knights went to great lengths to hide it from the seven royal families they worked for.

Of course, this position only works if you start out with the supposition that Nick's and Renard's side is the right one (and that's my premise), which leaves the seven royal houses on the side of wrong.

Very thoughtful and engaging post, Speakeasy. Point #2 had completely slipped by me -- it has been a while since I've watched certain episodes! You've brought up some really good points. The Royals do look like they're the darker shade of grey in the show (assuming that Nick and Renard are in the right, like you said).

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - GrimmForum - 06-04-2013

I forgot about point #2 too, interesting. Yeah, the Royals are beginning to look like the mafia element in the Wesen world. They sort of remind me of Wolfram and Hart, or in other words, a series-long big bad.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Lou - 06-04-2013

Well, we don't REALLY know that all the royal families are BAD.
Some might be apathetic, ignorant, or powerless.
I mean we maybe know 2 or 3 are bad. And even then, there may be power struggles within.
Have we already discussed this:
What if Nick destroyed his key and had witnesses? That would end that whole plot thread. And like Nick doesn't really want the treasure anyway.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - speakeasy - 06-05-2013

Hope this doesn't post twice; I did something that made my first reply seem to go away, so I'll start over, with apologies for repeating myself beforehand.

You make a fascinating suggestion, Lou, about Nick destroying his key, but I don't think he will do that. Because Kelly and Marie both communicated their determination to protect the key from falling into the hands of the families, and they also seemed to feel it was a sacred trust to pass it on to the latest generation (Nick). To someday see it in the possession of those who would use it for good, perhaps. The complete set of keys would provide the pathway to a source of enormous power - so if world peace is a dream to be pursued, why destroy the promise of attaining it. Plus, the writers would have to come up with a whole new set of baddies!

I agree that some of the families may be apathetic, ignorant, or powerless. However, Eric goes out of his way to say he has the approval of the families when he launches one of his attacks, so I tend to think of them as generally operating as a group.

(06-04-2013, 01:04 AM)pale boy Wrote:
(06-01-2013, 08:30 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Just wanted to add a little more information to support the notion that the seven royal families have a grand agenda that would not be in the better interest of the rest of the population:

Very thoughtful and engaging post, Speakeasy. Point #2 had completely slipped by me -- it has been a while since I've watched certain episodes! You've brought up some really good points. The Royals do look like they're the darker shade of grey in the show (assuming that Nick and Renard are in the right, like you said).

Thanks so much!

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Lou - 06-05-2013

Quote:I agree that some of the families may be apathetic, ignorant, or powerless. However, Eric goes out of his way to say he has the approval of the families when he launches one of his attacks, so I tend to think of them as generally operating as a group.

Did he say "families"? I thought he said "family", meaning his own family.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I'd bet dollars to donuts that most if not all the royals are bad. But a little doubt and speculation adds to the mystery. But if i was a writer, i think I would leave the door open to the idea of some good royals - just in case we need them in the 4th or 5th season.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - speakeasy - 06-05-2013

(06-05-2013, 07:09 AM)Lou Wrote:
Quote:I agree that some of the families may be apathetic, ignorant, or powerless. However, Eric goes out of his way to say he has the approval of the families when he launches one of his attacks, so I tend to think of them as generally operating as a group.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I'd bet dollars to donuts that most if not all the royals are bad. But a little doubt and speculation adds to the mystery. But if i was a writer, i think I would leave the door open to the idea of some good royals - just in case we need them in the 4th or 5th season.

Totally agree with your logic, and it would be fun to have an element of disruption among the royal families; as you say doubt and speculation would add to the mystery.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - grimmfreak - 06-05-2013

(06-05-2013, 07:09 AM)Lou Wrote:

agreed, any writer would have to be 10 days brain dead (which is not unheard of) to be dumb enough to say 100% of the royals are bad... even if Renard turns against Nick, dismissing the possibility would be mega lame.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - pale boy - 06-06-2013

I really do hope that not all of the Royal families end up being "Evil". Grimm really has been holding steady with ambiguous situations and characters; it seems like a trend that will continue and one that some shows dearly need to follow.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 06-06-2013

(06-06-2013, 02:03 AM)pale boy Wrote: I really do hope that not all of the Royal families end up being "Evil". Grimm really has been holding steady with ambiguous situations and characters; it seems like a trend that will continue and one that some shows dearly need to follow.

Hi pale boy.

In this case, I think we must see the royal families as a group. As a group, If I was one of the writers, I would describe them as evil. But all groups are made by people. In this case, I would describe some members of the families as been against the families, as Renard is nowadays. This way, Renard would not be alone against the families, but they have help from other members of his own family and even from others of one of the seven families.

What I want to say is that saying the families are evil (as group) doens't mean that all families (I mean, them members of the families) are evil (Renard is a prove of it, even he been a gray to dark character). The writers can put characters from the royal families helping Nick.