Grimm Forum
2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 2 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-2)
+---- Thread: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm (/Thread-2x22-Goodnight-Sweet-Grimm--159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Sable677 - 05-22-2013

I loved last night's eppy. The very end didn't surprise me exactly, but I was still screaming at the tv when I saw "to be continued...." I was happy to see Juliette as part of the team, and I am glad that Nick made sure the key was safe. I have no idea what Eric's plan is. Can't wait for the fall.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Gretel Hanselsister - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 10:50 AM)Lou Wrote: I should start a poll.... how many episodes it takes to rescue Nick. it seems like it can't be just one.

...and until then Nick's going to be in europe -yeah!- Big Grin But I don't think any of the europe-scenes were shot in europe so far, for sure this would be to expensive and it's not important for the story. But I dream on Angel.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - HellJacket - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 10:42 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: She's so unpopular on facebook (how can someone "hate" an actor? What has she done to all these guys?), so I thought she might a) leave willingly because she can't take it anymore or b) she's taken out of the series because the writers want to please the fans.
The Juliette haters are the reason I joined this forum, and left IMDB. Should the day ever come when this board becomes incredibly popular, I plan on petitioning the moderators to confine all the Juliette hate to a single thread.* Really, my problem with the Juliette hate isn't so much the actual criticism (Hell, I'm more critical than any of them). It's that most of them are really boring people with obsessive compulsive disorders that prevents them from talking about anything except how much they hate Juliette.

*If the moderators decide to nuke that thread afterwards, I won't mind.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Lou - 05-22-2013

HellJacket, I'll have to try and find this one review of the show that I read that explained exactly what was wrong with the Juliette haters.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - HellJacket - 05-22-2013

(05-22-2013, 03:21 PM)Lou Wrote: HellJacket, I'll have to try and find this one review of the show that I read that explained exactly what was wrong with the Juliette haters.

I know exactly what's wrong with them. I could write a dissertation on this type of television show fan psychology. At it's most basic level, it's an obsessive compulsive disorder. Specifically though, Juliette is the whipping girl for fans who feel particular story arcs aren't moving fast enough or Grimm isn't the show that they wish/think it could be (e.g., a total serial show rather than the current monster of the week). You get this phenomena in lots of serialized shows (e.g., Lori in Walking Dead, Skyler in Breaking Bad, Dany in Game of Thrones, etc.). Ultimately, the subconscious logic is "But for Juliette being on the show, there would be more time spent on the Royals, Nick, underwear scenes with Adalind, whatever." Therefore, the OCD fan lashes out at Juliette as being "boring, annoying, whatever."

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Martyr - 05-23-2013

Amazing Episode left me on the edge of my chair...couch.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Lou - 05-23-2013

(05-22-2013, 04:13 PM)HellJacket Wrote:
(05-22-2013, 03:21 PM)Lou Wrote: HellJacket, I'll have to try and find this one review of the show that I read that explained exactly what was wrong with the Juliette haters.

I know exactly what's wrong with them. I could write a dissertation on this type of television show fan psychology. At it's most basic level, it's an obsessive compulsive disorder. Specifically though, Juliette is the whipping girl for fans who feel particular story arcs aren't moving fast enough or Grimm isn't the show that they wish/think it could be (e.g., a total serial show rather than the current monster of the week). You get this phenomena in lots of serialized shows (e.g., Lori in Walking Dead, Skyler in Breaking Bad, Dany in Game of Thrones, etc.). Ultimately, the subconscious logic is "But for Juliette being on the show, there would be more time spent on the Royals, Nick, underwear scenes with Adalind, whatever." Therefore, the OCD fan lashes out at Juliette as being "boring, annoying, whatever."

Yes. that was pretty much the reviewers take, too.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - GrimmForum - 05-23-2013

Finally got some time to write my thoughts on this episode Smile

- I wonder if the room Eric and Samedi are in at the beginning of the episode is from inside the Gregory building. They're playing it out on the show as a Hotel from the outside, but in reality, it's a Condo tower. If that's the city view in there, the Gregory sounds like a nice place to live, lol.
- Eric zombifying his guard and terrorizing Portland I think proves to us that the Royals are bad
- I think it's funny how I was mentioning the Tram in a different thread, and on Grimm we see zombies attacking passengers. I was actually on the tram the other day, and ran into our congressman. Small city I have to say, but I didn't run into any zombies.
- When Nick heard the zombie upstairs, I wondered if he used his "super-hearing" abilities?
- When Wu got bit by the zombie, I thought he was going to turn into one too. I guess these aren't actual zombies, like the ones on the Walking Dead.
- I'm looking forward to seeing Adalind getting her powers back
- It was fun seeing Juliette join the gang, and the final scene with the zombies and Nick ending up in the coffin was a great way to end the season on a cliff hanger.
- "Oh come on. You knew this was coming" - hah!

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Charles Mosteller - 05-23-2013

Wu's bite can easily be utilized in the next season. Just when you think that Wu is fine - BAM! The bite takes it toll.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Lou - 05-24-2013

And then Wu gets an appetite for ........................................Brains!