Grimm Forum
2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 2 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-2)
+---- Thread: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm (/Thread-2x22-Goodnight-Sweet-Grimm--159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - GrimmForum - 05-21-2013

[Image: tlTFvuv.jpg]

Air Date: May 21, 2013

Synopsis: Just when things look like they’re back to normal with Juliette, Nick is called to investigate a flurry of rage-fueled assaults happening all over Portland. He goes to Monroe and Rosalee for help battling Portland’s newest wave of "undead." As if that weren’t enough, Captain Renard informs Nick that his brother Eric is in town on family business. Meanwhile, Stefania and Frau Pech methodically use their alliances with Adalind to battle one another.

Trailer:

Spoiler :

Season 2 comes to an end with tonight's episode. What did you all think of Grimm's season 2 finale?

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Courtney - 05-21-2013

About 5 minutes from the end of the episode, I knew what was going to happen. Especially with Silas' interview today when he said "what do you mean by 'dead'" when asked if someone was going to die... It definitely does the job as a season finale of making us fans absolutely HATE having to wait all summer for a new episode!

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Lou - 05-21-2013

About 10 minutes before the end of the episode, I knew it was going to end up a 3 parter. But I hadn't figured out that Nick was going to be a Zombie in a coffin.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - pale boy - 05-21-2013

[Image: 2a0epmu.jpg]

They were right. We knew this would happen in our hearts, ha ha. Cliffhanger city.

So many things happened! Ah, where to begin? Guess I'll start with the ones that left massive questions:

- Nick! :o So, when they said someone was going to be dead, they only meant "mostly dead", eh?
- Zombies everywhere and the cure so far, far away.
- The tale of two brothers and their endless machinations is all ready to go for next year -- but what exactly is Eric planning? What!?
- Adalind plot is twistier than ever. >:3 In a good way. Looks like the cat came back.
- Wu was injured by that zombie.
Spoiler :
Wonder if that's going to ...
( •_•)
... end up biting him in the rear.
( •_•)>⌐□-□
YEAAAAH!
(⌐□_□)
Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Spoiler tags are here to guard you all from my need for cheese, lol.

Other than that, I'm kind of sad I didn't get to see Hank beating down any zombies with his crutches. :\ Juliette being part of the Grimm gang was great though!

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Monroe - 05-21-2013

i love what (Stephen Carpenter, David Greenwalt & Jim Kouf) bring to the table. I haven't been this engrossed with a series since buffy. Just popped my grimm forum cherry

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - pale boy - 05-21-2013

Welcome to the forum, Monroe.

Yes, Grimm does have that energy to it that reminds me of Buffy as well. (At times, it even seems almost like a semi-gender reversed version of BtVS.)

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - aguraakemi - 05-22-2013

I thought when they went to the zombie's nest, "Men, they should upgrade their stuff! There is no way they can pacify all those runners with just one heavy syringe that takes ages to reload."

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Monroe - 05-22-2013

Glad to be here! Grimm definitely emulates the characterization of BtVS. Can't wait till we reach a denouement with the season finale.
hopefully creating normality for the characters and a sense of catharsis.

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Gretel Hanselsister - 05-22-2013

Great episode - I must say, I am kind of relieved! (though a zombie-Nick in a coffin is kind of uncomfortable for sure) But I really feared they would kill Juliette or turn her into a zombie and someone kills her in self-defense or something similar. She's so unpopular on facebook (how can someone "hate" an actor? What has she done to all these guys?), so I thought she might a) leave willingly because she can't take it anymore or b) she's taken out of the series because the writers want to please the fans.
OK, Nick's in a lot of trouble right now, but -hello?- he's the most important character, so he surely won't die or turn into a bad guy, he's going to be our grimm again, one way or the other.
For me the most thrilling part is Captain Renard - is he loyal to Nick? Was he ever? I'm really looking forward to how on earth they will fix this desasterous situation Smile

RE: 2x22 - Goodnight, Sweet Grimm - Lou - 05-22-2013

Gretel, I was worried for Juliette, too. I kept thinking, "oh, no, just when she gets her memory back and accepts Nick as a Grimm, and joins the team, they are going to kill her". I thought it would be a bad plan so I'm doubly glad they didn't do that.

I sort of expected that Adalind would get killed. But we like her as a villain too much. That whole plot with her and the gypsy lady was sooooo evil. But clever.

I should start a poll.... how many episodes it takes to rescue Nick. it seems like it can't be just one.