Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - dicappatore - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 08:20 PM)silver Wrote: Sure, Diana wasn't necessary but that's true of anyone. It could very well be that Diana (the actress) was placed in the series because someone wanted to promote her career.

I'm fairly certain Diana knew she had a (half) brother, Kelly, by Nick but I think it opened her eyes when she got mad that Nick was parading as Renard and threw him across the room, but when Adalind ran over to him to see if he was ok and hug him, she couldn't explain away the love they obviously had for each other. I liked her line when visiting daddy Renard about then I guess we all love each other. Very innocent - for someone who can kill at the drop of a hat.

And I'm not sure Adalind was at a place, psychically to be a half way decent parent at that time. By the time she was pregnant by Nick, she was truly ripe for a good parent role.

I could be wrong on this, but I do recall Adalind telling Diana to stop trying to force her and Renard to each other and to stop killing others. I guess it included Nick.

I guess Diana also respected Nick because of her "Other Mother" Kelly whom was actually the mom she knew best. As for Kelly taking the child? Baby Diana was handed back to Kelly by her Dad, Sean.

RE: Diana - silver - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 08:58 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 08:20 PM)silver Wrote: Sure, Diana wasn't necessary but that's true of anyone. It could very well be that Diana (the actress) was placed in the series because someone wanted to promote her career.

I'm fairly certain Diana knew she had a (half) brother, Kelly, by Nick but I think it opened her eyes when she got mad that Nick was parading as Renard and threw him across the room, but when Adalind ran over to him to see if he was ok and hug him, she couldn't explain away the love they obviously had for each other. I liked her line when visiting daddy Renard about then I guess we all love each other. Very innocent - for someone who can kill at the drop of a hat.

And I'm not sure Adalind was at a place, psychically to be a half way decent parent at that time. By the time she was pregnant by Nick, she was truly ripe for a good parent role.

I could be wrong on this, but I do recall Adalind telling Diana to stop trying to force her and Renard to each other and to stop killing others. I guess it included Nick.

I guess Diana also respected Nick because of her "Other Mother" Kelly whom was actually the mom she knew best. As for Kelly taking the child? Baby Diana was handed back to Kelly by her Dad, Sean.

I do remember the first thing you mentioned to not try and push mom and dad together. I'm sure you're probably right about telling Diana not to kill anyone. I just don't recall.

RE: Diana - rpmaluki - 07-02-2017

Sean may have handed Diana to Kelly but he did it without consulting Adalind first. Diana was effectively stolen from Adalind. That scene in the street outside the police station was testament to that.

I know Adalind did tell Diana not make her and Renard do things they didn't want. She may have also mentioned something to her about killing people being a no-no.

RE: Diana - dicappatore - 07-02-2017

(07-02-2017, 10:46 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:

Sean may have handed Diana to Kelly but he did it without consulting Adalind first. Diana was effectively stolen from Adalind. That scene in the street outside the police station was testament to that.

I know Adalind did tell Diana not make her and Renard do things they didn't want. She may have also mentioned something to her about killing people being a no-no.
Yes, she was stolen away from her. I just wanted to make a point that Kelly wasn't alone in the snatching of the child. More culpability that Sean was never held accountable for. Kelly lost her head for taking that child. What did Sean get? He got more sexual partners than Adalind had. That's some reckoning G&K!

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 07-03-2017

(07-02-2017, 07:56 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: They never explained why she killed Rachel but didn't touch Nick. I think it had to do with Adalind. When she visits Sean in his new home and he tries planting some seeds in her head about Nick, she responded by saying something like men shouldn't hurt mommies. Diana saw Rachel as a threat not just to her family but to Adalind's place in Renard's life so she acted against her. Nick, so far hasn't been a visible threat to Adalind but he is to Renard's place in Adalind's life, he also faked being Renard for reasons he couldn't properly explain and she still doesn't go after him. I believe Diana has a deeper connection to Adalind than she does to Renard and it could be because of the ritual mother and daughter both underwent. When she was in the foster care, she drew sketches of Adalind and had a Brothers Grimm book of fairytales in her room, that could be another explanation. Rachel was a complete stranger but Nick isn't. He's the father of her brother and the son of her "other mother".
Good points, I would add that she had lived with Mom and Dad at the house and had learn that there was no love between Sean and Adalind. Now at Nick fome she learn what love was. When Nick came back for the second time with the staff he gave her a hug and she had seen what the other's hadn't the fight in that fight see seen Kelly. Now if any of that plays a role it has to be a long term. Short term was she seen Adalind love NIck not Daddy.

RE: Diana - rpmaluki - 07-03-2017

(07-03-2017, 05:17 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 07:56 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: They never explained why she killed Rachel but didn't touch Nick. I think it had to do with Adalind. When she visits Sean in his new home and he tries planting some seeds in her head about Nick, she responded by saying something like men shouldn't hurt mommies. Diana saw Rachel as a threat not just to her family but to Adalind's place in Renard's life so she acted against her. Nick, so far hasn't been a visible threat to Adalind but he is to Renard's place in Adalind's life, he also faked being Renard for reasons he couldn't properly explain and she still doesn't go after him. I believe Diana has a deeper connection to Adalind than she does to Renard and it could be because of the ritual mother and daughter both underwent. When she was in the foster care, she drew sketches of Adalind and had a Brothers Grimm book of fairytales in her room, that could be another explanation. Rachel was a complete stranger but Nick isn't. He's the father of her brother and the son of her "other mother".
Good points, I would add that she had lived with Mom and Dad at the house and had learn that there was no love between Sean and Adalind. Now at Nick fome she learn what love was. When Nick came back for the second time with the staff he gave her a hug and she had seen what the other's hadn't the fight in that fight see seen Kelly. Now if any of that plays a role it has to be a long term. Short term was she seen Adalind love NIck not Daddy.
Yes Adalind did love Nick.At first, I don't think she knows what to make of her mother and Nick when it could have easily been Renard (in her mind). She had an eye out for the first sign of Nick crossing the line, which he luckily never did because he loved Adalind and her mother was visibly happy living with Nick at the loft than at the mansion with Renard. That's probably why she used her dolls on them in the first place, she saw how miserable they both were with their situation so she intervened. She probably thought that's all it would take for them to be happy was to make them want each other. She was like any other child who simply wanted her parents together, she learnt (too late: see Rachel) that her wishes are not her parents' command.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 07-03-2017

Why give a child such powers then if the creative team was going to leave her as a child? You can see in some scenes where Renard and Adalind are leery of her, and she's their child.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 07-04-2017

(07-03-2017, 04:08 PM)irukandji Wrote: Why give a child such powers then if the creative team was going to leave her as a child? You can see in some scenes where Renard and Adalind are leery of her, and she's their child.
Never has so much build up led to so little. As with S5’s tagline ‘vengeance rises from the ashes’, Diana’s demon child temper tantrum because Adalind couldn’t stay was all hype and no delivery. As it turned out, Diana came across as a socially stunted child with a storybook vision of family and unschooled in disciplining her powers and behavior.

But what else would G & K do with Diana? The stories aren’t complicated by the characters realizing the consequences of their actions unless a specific action/consequence is intended to compel the story. And even then it’s not complicated.

I doubt G & K even outlined an actual Diana story. Kelly’s insistence that the child had the potential for great good or great evil and she was the only one capable of steering her in the right direction wasn’t about Diana’s storyline, but rather, a reason for Kelly leaving with Diana so both characters would be removed from the continuing storyline.

S5 was Nick’s woe-is-me over Adalind and Juliette/Eve - can’t have an Adalind/Diana reunion complicating that or even an Adalind/Meisner reunion. S6 was Nick wanting to be with Adalind and accepting Juliette/Eve isn’t the woman he was once in love with - can’t have a super power Diana complicating that, so she tosses around one of her father’s enemies and comes to love and trust Nick.

Because really, was there ever a ‘good guy’ character who didn’t believe the sun rose and set in Nick Burkhardt, the Grimm? Tongue

RE: Diana - New Guy - 07-04-2017

(07-04-2017, 06:34 AM)Robyn Wrote: Because really, was there ever a ‘good guy’ character who didn’t believe the sun rose and set in Nick Burkhardt, the Grimm? Tongue
Hi Robyn,
All the characters have faults and most made the "killed by list." I believe Bud may be the most innocent. There was a fun recap of seasons 1-4 by Danny Bruno but is seems to be pulled down. I do not recall Bud ever disliking Nick, or questioning what he said or did, but I do not think he would "believe the sun rose and set in Nick Burkhardt, the Grimm."
Bud was great at comic relief and also rose to hero levels in the s4e10, "Tribunal."
N G

RE: Diana - dicappatore - 07-05-2017

Diana all grown up.

https://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/nicole-steinwedell-1.jpg?quality=88&w=750

https://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/nicole-steinwedell-20.jpg?quality=88&w=630

https://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/nicole-steinwedell-26.jpg?quality=88&w=600