Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-28-2017

(01-28-2017, 08:32 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Nick preventing Sean from getting a position he shouldn't have in the first place isn't corrupt. I would say he returned things to the status quo by Sean remaining the captain but he made him look even better in the public's eye. Sean is now truly beloved by the people because of what Nick did.

The election was tampered with far before Nick inhaled from the hat. It was massive corruption that got Sean elected and Sean knew it. It wasn't a minor offense. He became the official leader of the city due to that corruption and just letting that play itself out would be much worse.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying about Renard. But I don't hold Nick up as some kind of hero to the people for impersonating Sean and changing the election. In his own way he's just as corrupt as Sean. He's also a hypocrite because he told Sean he would support him as mayor. If Nick was all that shocked over Renard's mayoral campaign, he should have done something about it long before Sean was elected.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 01-29-2017

(01-28-2017, 08:44 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 08:32 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Nick preventing Sean from getting a position he shouldn't have in the first place isn't corrupt. I would say he returned things to the status quo by Sean remaining the captain but he made him look even better in the public's eye. Sean is now truly beloved by the people because of what Nick did.

The election was tampered with far before Nick inhaled from the hat. It was massive corruption that got Sean elected and Sean knew it. It wasn't a minor offense. He became the official leader of the city due to that corruption and just letting that play itself out would be much worse.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying about Renard. But I don't hold Nick up as some kind of hero to the people for impersonating Sean and changing the election. In his own way he's just as corrupt as Sean. He's also a hypocrite because he told Sean he would support him as mayor. If Nick was all that shocked over Renard's mayoral campaign, he should have done something about it long before Sean was elected.
It is not being a hypocrite if the person you believe is one thing and that person changes. His the change now allows you to change you opinion. So when Renard got into being ok with killing a man so he could run for mayor he is the hypocrite not NIck. Stopping him from take office over a dead mans body was what Nick did.

RE: Diana - Kathryn Wooten - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 06:42 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

It is not being a hypocrite if the person you believe is one thing and that person changes. His the change now allows you to change you opinion. So when Renard got into being ok with killing a man so he could run for mayor he is the hypocrite not NIck. Stopping him from take office over a dead mans body was what Nick did.

Renard had nothing to do with the death of Mr Dixon. However despite learning who did and he still wanted to be mayor is troubling. But I since If Renard did not except the job he and his family would have been threaten, So it was damned if he did and Damned if he didn't..

(01-29-2017, 07:06 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:

It is not being a hypocrite if the person you believe is one thing and that person changes. His change now allows you to change you opinion. So when Renard got into being ok with killing a man so he could run for mayor he is the hypocrite not NIck. Stopping him from take office over a dead mans body was what Nick did.

Renard had nothing to do with the death of Mr Dixon. However despite learning who did and he still wanted to be mayor is troubling. But I since If Renard did not except the job he and his family would have been threaten, So it was damned if he did and Damned if he didn't..
He didn't know you are correct but after is does know what does he do? He could have told them to get lost and went to HW, but he didn't he jumped in with both feet to BC line. Dixon thought of him as a friend and a good police capt now we because we see everything that Sean was a law and order type. BC knew this so when the killed Dixon they had a good idea that Renard would turn them in or inform HW. They understand what makes Renard tic.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-29-2017

(01-29-2017, 07:14 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: He didn't know you are correct but after is does know what does he do? He could have told them to get lost and went to HW, but he didn't he jumped in with both feet to BC line. Dixon thought of him as a friend and a good police capt now we because we see everything that Sean was a law and order type. BC knew this so when the killed Dixon they had a good idea that Renard would turn them in or inform HW. They understand what makes Renard tic.

So the point of this is.....what? Renard should have told them to go pound sand and gotten himself and his family killed?

RE: Diana - Robyn - 01-29-2017

Did Nick actually restore the status quo? Renard may have been stuck with being precinct captain and publicly going along with Nick’s press announcement, but he stated emphatically that he would not support their Grimm activities, and would use any opportunity to remove them from the police force. So what exactly has Nick accomplished? Their gentlemen’s agreement doesn’t stop Renard from working against them, it only allows them returning to their jobs/incomes/benefits.

Throughout the S5 arc, G&K presented Nick as an ineffective leader so they could insert their cool action scene at the zero hour. S6 doesn’t seem to be any different. The rooftop battle was nothing more than another cool action scene. In the S5 finale it was a Grimm and his magic stick, in S6E4 it was a Grimm and his magic hat spell. At no time was Nick portrayed as an effective leader proactively combating BC and Renard.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 01-29-2017

Sean never said he would change his position on crimes that are wesen related. Sean was talking about the attack Nick and the group was launching on him. Sean even said so we go back to the way thing wher. Nicknard said they would work on it.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 01-29-2017

Renard called them into his office as soon as he arrived and told them the first time they were out of line they were out of there. What would he be referring to 'as out of line' if not Grimm cases that required more than by the book investigations and arrests?

RE: Diana - Hell Rell - 01-29-2017

Renard can still work against them but he can't do it publicly. He was declared a hero but now Nick has as well. I would expect Nick and the crew to remain on their toes but their won't be a citywide manhunt or a shoot on sight order with the entire police force breathing down their necks. It isn't the perfect situation and never will be but it's better than being a fugitive. I suspect that Renard would be called into question if he tried to work against them again. It also doesn't mean that Nick and the gang won't stop trying to take him down either.

I had no love for that Renard vs. Renard scene either. It was gimmicky and a waste of time. It also makes me think about what would happen if Renard killed Nick. What did he plan on doing about the scoobies? He has to know that he has to kill every last one of them if he plans on killing Nick.

(01-29-2017, 07:36 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-29-2017, 07:14 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: He didn't know you are correct but after is does know what does he do? He could have told them to get lost and went to HW, but he didn't he jumped in with both feet to BC line. Dixon thought of him as a friend and a good police capt now we because we see everything that Sean was a law and order type. BC knew this so when the killed Dixon they had a good idea that Renard would turn them in or inform HW. They understand what makes Renard tic.

So the point of this is.....what? Renard should have told them to go pound sand and gotten himself and his family killed?
No he should have informed HW and work undercover to bring down BC in Portland which in an off handed way Nick by appearing as Renard did.