Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - Hell Rell - 01-27-2017

I don't even know if Adalind has the ability to be that manipulative anymore. I haven't seen her do it for a few seasons now. I suppose it's to show how she isn't the same old Adalind but I'm not sure. Just look at how she acted when she needed to keep Renard occupied for half an hour. She was terrible at it. Season 1-3 Adalind isn't coming back and her highly seductive and manipulative side are parts of that for now.

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-27-2017

Conrad's house had lots of fireplaces, including one in Adalind's bedroom. Adalind limited herself to hurling pottery at Sean's head and never launched a fireplace poker at his heart. Given the circumstances, I'd call that cooperating.

There's a simple explanation for why Adalind was so awkward in her attempts to distract and delay Sean: she wasn't trying to seduce him. Her manipulative abilities shown in the past have all been sexual.

RE: Diana - Hell Rell - 01-27-2017

I agree! I think Adalind would've been sexual in the past but she just isn't that person anymore. She probably still has those abilities but she has no desire to use them even in a desperate situation like trying to stall Renard. The best way to stall him probably would've been to turn on the charm but she wanted to stall him without being seductive.

RE: Diana - degrimm - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 08:40 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 07:09 AM)degrimm Wrote: Sean definitely never said he was transferring hatred of Nick to the child. Sean never threatened or blackmail adalind into coming to leave with him, Bonaparte and diana did.
It wasn't cos of the hatred of nick he presented kelly as his dad to the world.
Sean had already told Nick he could have Kelly back in his office when Sean went on TV and said Kelly was his. IMO Sean did that because of his angry at Nick. What child would want to live with a man who would want to kill or did kill his father without a reason? That is why Nick has been avoiding hurting Renard because he wants Adalind back.

In your opinion, I thought it was the show's opinion, isn't that why u post those scripts ?. I think whatever I say here will now involve your own opinion and not the show's opinion.☺

So first diana's policy, my mummy or mothershouldn't be hurt or u go into a body bag.
Hope sean doesn't change into nick this time and hurt adalind cos of his cunning smile @ d end but also nick can't break Adalind's heart

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-28-2017

(01-27-2017, 09:43 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I agree! I think Adalind would've been sexual in the past but she just isn't that person anymore. She probably still has those abilities but she has no desire to use them even in a desperate situation like trying to stall Renard. The best way to stall him probably would've been to turn on the charm but she wanted to stall him without being seductive.

Adalind's approach to seduction always seemed very...obvious to me. I suppose that hexenbiests must be able to produce some sort of pheromone that can make men become even more stupid than they can be for an attractive kehrseite female.

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-28-2017

(01-27-2017, 11:36 PM)degrimm Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 08:40 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 07:09 AM)degrimm Wrote: Sean definitely never said he was transferring hatred of Nick to the child. Sean never threatened or blackmail adalind into coming to leave with him, Bonaparte and diana did.
It wasn't cos of the hatred of nick he presented kelly as his dad to the world.
Sean had already told Nick he could have Kelly back in his office when Sean went on TV and said Kelly was his. IMO Sean did that because of his angry at Nick. What child would want to live with a man who would want to kill or did kill his father without a reason? That is why Nick has been avoiding hurting Renard because he wants Adalind back.

In your opinion, I thought it was the show's opinion, isn't that why u post those scripts ?. I think whatever I say here will now involve your own opinion and not the show's opinion.☺

So first diana's policy, my mummy or mothershouldn't be hurt or u go into a body bag.
Hope sean doesn't change into nick this time and hurt adalind cos of his cunning smile @ d end but also nick can't break Adalind's heart

I post scripts to show what character said and where they were in GRIMM land. There still can be some interpretation for example. During the beginning of 603, the show suggested that Sean knows about the Adalind's ring and the curse on it. Sean never saids it straight out therefore it can still be an opinion but one strongly suggested based on the show.

The scene below starts with a Adalind looking at her cursed ring and a flashback about Bonaparte talking about the curse. When Sean takes Adalind's hand below he looks at her ring he says "Like it or not. you are stuck with me" strongly suggesting he knows about the curse. Does my example make it clear now?

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Oh_Captain,_My_Captain/Transcript

Scene: Adalind looks at the ring on her finger.
[Flashback of Bonaparte telling Adalind the consequences of taking the ring off in "Set Up"]
Renard: [He walks into the room] How was your day?
Adalind: Not very good.
Renard: That's too bad.
Adalind: If anything happens to Nick—
Renard: Yes, I've heard it all before. I really think you should be more worried about what happens to you.
Adalind: How are we supposed to make this work?
Renard: I'm not concerned about "we" making this work. It's your problem. Like it or not... [He takes Adalind's hand] you are stuck with me.
[Adalind quickly pulls her hand away]
Renard: And you better get with the program before I take office. [He puts his hand under Adalind's chin] I expect a lot of support from the first lady of this city. [He leaves]

RE: Diana - syscrash - 01-28-2017

We know the show likes to create conflict. What better conflict then to have Eve and Diana get close. Also have Eve and Diana staying at Sean's. It would make Nick nervous because of what Eve knows. It would make Adalind nervous because Eve would be spending more time with Diana and teaching her magic. We know Juliette liked to cook so Eve should also like to cook. What better bonding then Eve teaching Diana to cook. The entire time they never walk to the cabinets. They just stick there hand out and call for what they need.

Even though Nick is with Adalind I could see it bug him some to lose Eve to Sean. Would make for a great conversation. if Nick complains about her being with Sean. Eve could through it back that he is with Adalind.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-28-2017

So Diana got her way and was able to stay with her father in last night's episode. I wonder why Adalind changed her mind. Maybe due to the fact that the fome really isn't an appropriate place for the children?

I liked the father daughter bonding scenes, and the lighthearted approach Sean took when Diana immediately boiled water for the pasta.

Just to stop here for a second because I know Diana's intelligence has been debated. I taught my children and my grandchild the basics of cooking. Even at that, I didn't attempt to do so until they were old enough to understand the dangers of stoves, boiling water, etc. and they were always under my supervision when cooking.

Diana is the equivalent of a three year old but I was amazed at the intelligence she displayed when cooking. For her boiling water is a simple task, but when you combine all of the factors it takes to come up with the final product of cooked pasta, she's a marvel.

I also applauded Sean for stopping himself from introducing the idea in Diana's head that "Nick might hurt Mommy".

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 01-28-2017

(01-28-2017, 08:24 AM)irukandji Wrote: So Diana got her way and was able to stay with her father in last night's episode. I wonder why Adalind changed her mind. Maybe due to the fact that the fome really isn't an appropriate place for the children?

I liked the father daughter bonding scenes, and the lighthearted approach Sean took when Diana immediately boiled water for the pasta.

Just to stop here for a second because I know Diana's intelligence has been debated. I taught my children and my grandchild the basics of cooking. Even at that, I didn't attempt to do so until they were old enough to understand the dangers of stoves, boiling water, etc. and they were always under my supervision when cooking.

Diana is the equivalent of a three year old but I was amazed at the intelligence she displayed when cooking. For her boiling water is a simple task, but when you combine all of the factors it takes to come up with the final product of cooked pasta, she's a marvel.

I also applauded Sean for stopping himself from introducing the idea in Diana's head that "Nick might hurt Mommy".
Funny how people can see the same thing and come away with a different idea. Not for most of your post but for one I saw Sean planting the idea that Nick would or might hurt Adalind to gage what she would do and he got the answer he hoped for Nick's death.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-28-2017

(01-28-2017, 08:32 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Funny how people can see the same thing and come away with a different idea. Not for most of your post but for one I saw Sean planting the idea that Nick would or might hurt Adalind to gage what she would do and he got the answer he hoped for Nick's death.

I would agree with you if that was the only thing Sean questioned. But Sean also went into some detail to find out exactly what part Diana had in Conrad's death. Diana was firm in her responses that it was Sean who killed Conrad.