Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 10:43 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I'll just put it this way. If she was really all that frightened of what would happen to Kelly or to herself or to Diana or to Nick, she would have been more cooperative. I didn't see that, so it makes no sense to me why she even went in the first place. She should have just told Nick she was staying with him and BC could rot.

If she did this how could she be safe, when Conrad shows up at the office and tell her she doing it or else? Going to the house wasn't an even a choice it was do this or else. Could she risk Kelly because Conrad threat was more on Kelly then her.

But here's the conflict. Either Adalind is terrified that Conrad threatened Kelly or she's not. If she's terrified, then she's going to do as she's told, which is go to the mansion and be part of the mayoral family. Yet what does she do when she gets there? She causes conflict and is uncooperative. So what is she thinking, that Conrad can't hurt Kelly now that she's at the mansion?

She can't have it both ways. Either she's frightened and she cooperates because she 's frightened. Or, she could give a rat's patoot what Conrad threatens her with and she stays with Nick.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 10:52 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 10:43 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I'll just put it this way. If she was really all that frightened of what would happen to Kelly or to herself or to Diana or to Nick, she would have been more cooperative. I didn't see that, so it makes no sense to me why she even went in the first place. She should have just told Nick she was staying with him and BC could rot.

If she did this how could she be safe, when Conrad shows up at the office and tell her she doing it or else? Going to the house wasn't an even a choice it was do this or else. Could she risk Kelly because Conrad threat was more on Kelly then her.

But here's the conflict. Either Adalind is terrified that Conrad threatened Kelly or she's not. If she's terrified, then she's going to do as she's told, which is go to the mansion and be part of the mayoral family. Yet what does she do when she gets there? She causes conflict and is uncooperative. So what is she thinking, that Conrad can't hurt Kelly now that she's at the mansion?

She can't have it both ways. Either she's frightened and she cooperates because she 's frightened. Or, she could give a rat's patoot what Conrad threatens her with and she stays with Nick.
As I see it at no time did Conrad until the ring deal say you have to also cooperate, but now she at the house when Conrad pulled the other rabbit out of the hat.

(01-27-2017, 10:55 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

As I see it at no time did Conrad until the ring deal say you have to also cooperate, but now she at the house when Conrad pulled the other rabbit out of the hat.

Are you saying Conrad didn't threaten Adalind?

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: She causes conflict and is uncooperative.
During season 5, Adalind is very cooperative to all of BC. She did not realize that Sean actually believed the BC views so she was talking to him like a fellow hostage.

(01-27-2017, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:

As I see it at no time did Conrad until the ring deal say you have to also cooperate, but now she is at the house when Conrad pulled the other rabbit out of the hat.

No Conrad threaten Adalind at the office but didn't add anything about cooperation fact to the threat, now once she get to the house now the ring and the other threat, but only after she gets there. Now she has a ring problem. So when she went to the house it was to protect Kelly, at the house when she didn't jump onboard with the whole Sean deal he add the ring as a added threat to get this cooperation.

(01-27-2017, 11:05 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: She causes conflict and is uncooperative.
During season 5, Adalind is very cooperative to all of BC. She did not realize that Sean actually believed the BC views so she was talking to him like a fellow hostage.

She appeared on the stage with him, is that what you're referring to?

(01-27-2017, 11:08 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

As I see it at no time did Conrad until the ring deal say you have to also cooperate, but now she is at the house when Conrad pulled the other rabbit out of the hat.

No Conrad threaten Adalind at the office but didn't add anything about cooperation fact to the threat, now once she get to the house now the ring and the other threat, but only after she gets there. Now she has a ring problem. So when she went to the house it was to protect Kelly, at the house when she didn't jump onboard with the whole Sean deal he add the ring as a added threat to get this cooperation.

And this is my point. If Adalind is so worried about Kelly, why wasn't she fully cooperating?

(01-27-2017, 11:08 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 11:05 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

She appeared on the stage with him, is that what you're referring to?

(01-27-2017, 11:08 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 10:52 AM)irukandji Wrote: But here's the conflict. Either Adalind is terrified that Conrad threatened Kelly or she's not. If she's terrified, then she's going to do as she's told, which is go to the mansion and be part of the mayoral family. Yet what does she do when she gets there? She causes conflict and is uncooperative. So what is she thinking, that Conrad can't hurt Kelly now that she's at the mansion?

And this is my point. If Adalind is so worried about Kelly, why wasn't she fully cooperating?
Agreeing to disagree.

(01-27-2017, 11:08 AM)irukandji Wrote: And this is my point. If Adalind is so worried about Kelly, why wasn't she fully cooperating?
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Conrad_Bonaparte
I saw Adalind cooperating. One cannot fall in love based on an order. Conard was looking into her heart.

The next day, Bonaparte and Adalind met in the mansion to talk, and Bonaparte started out by acknowledging that he knew Adalind wasn't in love with Renard. Adalind said that she was doing the best she could, and Bonaparte told her that he didn't think she was. Taking a little offense to that, Adalind said, "Well, you're not a woman." Bonaparte then told her he wasn't asking her to be in love and that he wanted her to think about her children and their future, presumably with Black Claw, and Adalind told him that Renard just wasn't her type and that her feelings wouldn't change. Bonaparte then took Adalind's hands and told her she should know something about him, saying he wasn't like Sean and that there was more to him than that; suddenly, Bonaparte woged into a full Zauberbiest, startling Adalind as she realized exactly what he had meant. He told Adalind they needed to "understand each other on a deeper level" and she should look like exactly what she was if she was going to be stubborn. Bonaparte proceeded to fuse his hands into Adalind's and turn her to stone, asking her if this was how she really wanted her children to see her. He then reversed what he had done to her. Adalind commented on how much what Bonaparte did had hurt, and he apologized and said, "Sometimes a point has to be made." He telekinetically gave Adalind a wedding ring and put it on the ring finger of her left hand, telling her that Renard would be her prince. Bonaparte warned Adalind to not take off the ring, or else it would be extremely painful for her children, and Adalind managed to collect herself enough to thank Bonaparte for the ring and tell him it was very nice.

I don't expect her to fall love, that was not my point. She went to the mansion of her own free will. I know she was threatened but she still had a choice. She could go or not go. If she really and truly believed Kelly was in danger, then she would be cooperating fully. It makes no sense to me that, once she gets to the mansion, she's uncooperative to the point that Conrad even notices and has to punish her for it.

Adalind could have easily worked the situation to her benefit. Instead she ends up being turned partially to stone and forced to wear a ring that will cause her children great pain. In my opinion, it would have been easier to play along like Sean said.

(01-27-2017, 12:24 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't expect her to fall love, that was not my point. She went to the mansion of her own free will. I know she was threatened but she still had a choice. She could go or not go. If she really and truly believed Kelly was in danger, then she would be cooperating fully. It makes no sense to me that, once she gets to the mansion, she's uncooperative to the point that Conrad even notices and has to punish her for it.

Conrad was only unhappy Adalind was not in love with Sean. I have been the only one to show script to support my views on this issue. Can someone please show me when Adalind was not protecting Kelly or Nick's life and did not support BC (not Sean) in season 5 in the mansion.