Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 08:13 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Again, she wasn't but Nick was the one concerned about their safety.

Sean benefited from her being there obviously but she didn't stay there for him.

And again, Sean was part of the deal and Adalind was very much aware of that. Adalind should have simply insisted on staying with Nick.

RE: Diana - rpmaluki - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 08:19 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 08:13 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Again, she wasn't but Nick was the one concerned about their safety.

Sean benefited from her being there obviously but she didn't stay there for him.

And again, Sean was part of the deal and Adalind was very much aware of that. Adalind should have simply insisted on staying with Nick.
She's aware of it but she didn't do anything for him, nor willingly. Her sole purpose was to get Diana back, make sure Kelly was safe from Conrad and to keep BC away from Nick. He agreement to play house with Sean was never for him, it was to stay close to her daughter and to keep those she loved safe. Sean benefiting is merely a by product of Adalind being forced to live in the mansion.

You can fanwank all you like, Adalind had zero intention of helping Sean with anything, not his campaign, or being his fake fiancé or whatever. Being blackmailed into doing something against your will, doesn't equate to acting willingly to help the person you hate succeed at your own expense.

(01-27-2017, 08:27 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: She's aware of it but she didn't do anything for him, nor willingly. Her sole purpose was to get Diana back, make sure Kelly was safe from Conrad and to keep BC away from Nick. He agreement to play house with Sean was never for him, it was to stay close to her daughter and to keep those she loved safe. Sean benefiting is merely a by product of Adalind being forced to live in the mansion.

You can fanwank all you like, Adalind had zero intention of helping Sean with anything, not his campaign, or being his fake fiancé or whatever. Being blackmailed into doing something against your will, doesn't equate to acting willingly to help the person you hate succeed at your own expense.

First of all, can you just stick to the debate? I'm not fanwanking, got it?

RE: Diana - rpmaluki - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 08:32 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 08:27 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: She's aware of it but she didn't do anything for him, nor willingly. Her sole purpose was to get Diana back, make sure Kelly was safe from Conrad and to keep BC away from Nick. He agreement to play house with Sean was never for him, it was to stay close to her daughter and to keep those she loved safe. Sean benefiting is merely a by product of Adalind being forced to live in the mansion.

I think I've had enough of this "debate" and therefore take my leave.

(01-27-2017, 08:38 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 08:32 AM)irukandji Wrote:

I think I've had enough of this "debate" and therefore take my leave.

I think you're right in doing so.

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 07:09 AM)degrimm Wrote: Sean definitely never said he was transferring hatred of Nick to the child. Sean never threatened or blackmail adalind into coming to leave with him, Bonaparte and diana did.
It wasn't cos of the hatred of nick he presented kelly as his dad to the world.
Sean had already told Nick he could have Kelly back in his office when Sean went on TV and said Kelly was his. IMO Sean did that because of his angry at Nick. What child would want to live with a man who would want to kill or did kill his father without a reason? That is why Nick has been avoiding hurting Renard because he wants Adalind back.

As Nick said if Adalind did not stay with Renard at the end of Trust Me Knot, Sean would have had her arrested and Adalind agreed with Nick.

Sean took the view that Adalind had no choice but to stay with him. Sean knows she does not want live with him. When Renard is talking to Adalind he looks at that cursed ring when he takes her hand below.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Oh_Captain,_My_Captain/Transcript
Scene: Adalind looks at the ring on her finger.
[Flashback of Bonaparte telling Adalind the consequences of taking the ring off in "Set Up"]
Renard: [He walks into the room] How was your day?
Adalind: Not very good.
Renard: That's too bad.
Adalind: If anything happens to Nick—
Renard: Yes, I've heard it all before. I really think you should be more worried about what happens to you.
Adalind: How are we supposed to make this work?
Renard: I'm not concerned about "we" making this work. It's your problem. Like it or not... [He takes Adalind's hand] you are stuck with me.
[Adalind quickly pulls her hand away]
Renard: And you better get with the program before I take office. [He puts his hand under Adalind's chin] I expect a lot of support from the first lady of this city. [He leaves]

RE: Diana - Hell Rell - 01-27-2017

Adalind could've insisted but she thought it would make things worse. She never thought Nick was a coward. She just thought that he would be killed if BC came after him. Not believing Nick can protect her from the forces of BC doesn't equate to her thinking he's a wimp.

Bonaparte was the head of the Portland operation. Everyone was afraid of Bonaparte, including Renard. The only person who attempted to fight him was Juliette. The rest of them knew they were overmatched and acted like it.

Adalind couldn't stay with Nick because she needed to appear as Sean's dutiful first lady. I don't even think Adalind was needed and Sean could've won points as a single father to his little girl but BC insisted on it. There was no room for Adalind insisting on anything.

(01-27-2017, 08:40 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:

Adalind could've insisted but she thought it would make things. She never thought Nick was a coward. She just thought that he would be killed if BC came after him. Not believing Nick can protect her from the forces of BC doesn't even equate to her thinking he's a wimp.

Bonaparte was the head of the Portland operation. Everyone was afraid of Bonaparte, including Renard. The only person who attempted to fight him was Juliette. The rest of them knew they were overmatched and acted like it.

Adalind couldn't stay with Nick because she needed to appear as Sean's dutiful wife. I don't even think Adalind was needed and Sean could've won points as a single father to his little girl but BC insisted on it. There was no room for Adalind insisting on anything.

If there was no room for Adalind insisting on anything, why then did she make the atmosphere at the mansion so unpleasant?

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-27-2017

(01-27-2017, 08:43 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 08:40 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:

Adalind could've insisted but she thought it would make things. She never thought Nick was a coward. She just thought that he would be killed if BC came after him. Not believing Nick can protect her from the forces of BC doesn't even equate to her thinking he's a wimp.

Adalind couldn't stay with Nick because she needed to appear as Sean's dutiful wife. I don't even think Adalind was needed and Sean could've won points as a single father to his little girl but BC insisted on it. There was no room for Adalind insisting on anything.

If there was no room for Adalind insisting on anything, why then did she make the atmosphere at the mansion so unpleasant?

IMO Sean made the atmosphere at the mansion so unpleasant. IMO he was rude to her non-stop from the first day. Many posters think she was too nice to Renard so it was not believable. Sean approves of the cursed ring from Conrad.

RE: Diana - syscrash - 01-27-2017

Why do people think the show will consider Diana or anybody well being. They have never done that in five seasons. For five seasons every situations purpose has been to cause the maximum amount of conflict. There is no such thing as working toward a healthy relationship in this show.