Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 07:31 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean never goes near Kelly by choice which makes sense since he is not his child. It make sense for Nick to help since Kelly is his. Who does what in a family is cultural so Portland would be very different than other areas of the country. Breastfeeding or bottle feeding a baby is also related to cultural issues.

I believe the reason we have not seen Sean with Kelly is because Adalind would not permit it. Aside from that, don't you think there would be outrage among the Adalind/Nick fans if Sean were seen holding Kelly and Kelly was actually smiling at him?

Nick is helping. He's putting a roof over Adalind's head and keeping her and Kelly safe. That should be more than enough for Adalind and she should be happy to do full duty in caring for Kelly.

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-26-2017

Nick's view of fatherhood is heavily influenced by his loss of both parents as a child. He's going to go all out to be as involved with every aspect of Kelly's childhood as he can possibly be, because he can't stand the idea of Kelly having to go through any bit of what he experienced not having both his mother and father as he grew up. It's a good thing to a point, but if he keeps it up he'll end up becoming a helicopter parent.

RE: Diana - degrimm - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 07:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: I would imagine Nick, like most men, shies away from the really poopy ones and leaves them to Adalind.

Last I remember, nick isn't at all a strong alpha male. So I do expect such things from him and wouldn't leave it to any woman.

(01-26-2017, 07:16 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Nick being in the bed with Adalind before they had sex did make it easier for Nick to change diapers and feed the baby at night. In the show, he feed the baby at night. In a deleted scene has Nick change a diaper. My point is not who is a man the point is who is to care for Kelly. Nick shared the work with Kelly with Adalind and Sean is only interested in the fun part with Diana.

Now that's just completely100% crap. Nick being in same bed with Adalind made it easier for him to change diaper.
Why don't you say being in same bed with juilette made nick do laundry and arrange the bed with juilette in S03 or him being in same bed with juliette, made him go shopping with her in S01.
He did them cos it was his responsibility and the difference btw nick with juliette and nick with adalind is that juliette never mind doing all this things even though nick sometimes tries to do cos she tries to take care of nick.
Even if nick had a baby with juliette too, he would be changing diapers too. In S01 when N&J were in bed and J was cold and wanted to go close the window, he offered to do it and letting her stay in bed.
Coupled with what "FaceInTheCrowd" said as I agree with those together.

Adalind is dependent (even though the script writing gives us something different from action) as she lets him do all the work for her cos that's who she is.
Most of the enjoyment adalind is getting from nick now is a result of his previous association with juliette and aunt marie.

They haven't shown Sean as a father before so how can you make your analysis based on that.
The only stuff you can say is probably haven't paid much attention to Diana and that was cos of the election. We have known sean to be a protective father, that was why he gave up diana to Kelly, which he knew was difficult for both adalind and him.
And we saw in season 3 that he "might" have fatherly instinct.

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 07:40 PM)irukandji Wrote: Nick is helping. He's putting a roof over Adalind's head and keeping her and Kelly safe. That should be more than enough for Adalind and she should be happy to do full duty in caring for Kelly.

Again, where I am from and likely Portland that is not how it works. American born fathers help out with children across the board. Some parts of country no matter what the wife does doctor etc she does all the work taking care of the baby. If Nick decides not to wake Adalind and he decides to care for his baby some nights that is not Adalind's fault.

IMO Sean wanted to kill Nick so holding his baby would bother him. Diana may already change diapers and feed Kelly despite being a killer.

(01-26-2017, 07:31 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean never goes near Kelly by choice which makes sense since he is not his child. It make sense for Nick to help since Kelly is his. Who does what in a family is cultural so Portland would be very different than other areas of the country. Breastfeeding or bottle feeding a baby is also related to cultural issues.

Pls don't make sean a monster when the show has even done that.
"He doesn't go near kelly by choice cos he's not his child" he's in the Champaign and we haven't seen a scene involving it cos @that point it would'vebeen waste of script and eventually be deleted;
why did he choose to claim him as his own and live as a family to adalind. I can accept it's another script writing without actions but the show never portrayed sean as a monster over the course of the series.
You could as well say that cos adalind "once" tried to drink strong alcohol or sell her baby in exchange for her powers back would in the long run be a bad mother.

RE: Diana - Kathryn Wooten - 01-26-2017

We only seen glimpses of a fatherly instinct in Renard..is because they never wrote it in the script...you saw glimpses of Sean being fatherly...I watched the eppy where Rachael brought Diana to him..that was a genuine smile (he didn't know what powers Diana processed at the time) except her eye let up might been a give away..you saw Renard tuck Diana into bed..he does have daddy skills...and soon you will see alot more of that fatherly instinct....because spoiler says they will start bonding...we will now see If Sean can be a good father....because before they did not write it in to show that he does.

(01-26-2017, 08:01 PM)degrimm Wrote: Last I remember, nick isn't at all a strong alpha male. So I do expect such things from him and wouldn't leave it to any woman.

Now that's just completely 100% crap. Nick being in same bed with Adalind made it easier for him to change diaper.

Strong alpha male change diapers when that is their culture. David G. is very likely to change diapers for his real kid if he has one and he goes to gym.

The baby is next to the double bed with the changing table while the single bed was far away and you have to open and shut large sliding doors and more to get between the two. Yes, in the fome being in the double bed makes it easier to change diapers or feed the baby at night.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 08:19 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Again, where I am from and likely Portland that is not how it works. American born fathers help out with children across the board. Some parts of country no matter what the wife does doctor etc she does all the work taking care of the baby. If Nick decides not to wake Adalind and he decides to care for his baby some nights that is not Adalind's fault.

If Nick decides to get up and care for the baby, that's his decision. What I'm saying is that Adalind shouldn't wake him up because she's got some cockamamie idea in her head that it's "his turn" to change the baby or it's "his turn" to feed the baby. He has to go out on the streets and work. He has to be alert and on guard to do his job. He can't do that if Adalind's being a lazy butt and wakes him up because it's "his turn" to tend to the baby.

(01-26-2017, 08:19 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: IMO Sean wanted to kill Nick so holding his baby would bother him. Diana may already change diapers and feed Kelly despite being a killer.

Sean isn't transferring his hatred of Nick to baby Kelly. He's the one who said he would take Kelly as his own. I have not heard that from Nick about Diana.

(01-26-2017, 08:31 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Strong alpha male change diapers when that is their culture. David G. is very likely to change diapers for his real kid if he has one and he goes to gym.

Yeah I agree with you strong alpha males can do that but those in these present day and age where women are no longer seen as a completely submissive beings unlike the 90's backwards where they don't need to go to gym to prove their masculinity.
The men are bit more softer and much more sensitive which is the more appropriate term to use.

(01-26-2017, 08:31 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: The baby is next to the double bed with the changing table while the single bed was far away and you have to open and shut large sliding doors and more to get between the two. Yes, in the fome being in the double bed makes it easier to change diapers or feed the baby at night.

Come on "single bed is far away"- it's just the other room- possibly 2-3 secs walk or 5 footstep and the doors doesn't have to be shut; and more?- what more need to be done.
There's no point here

(01-26-2017, 08:21 PM)degrimm Wrote: Pls don't make sean a monster when the show has even done that.
why did he choose to claim him as his own and live as a family to adalind.

Sean was very unhappy to see Kelly come to the mansion. Conard threaten Adalind and Kelly otherwise she could have left Kelly with Nick.

The show was making Sean a monster for hating Nick so much after all these years of working together. Even after Conard was killed Sean still wanted Nick dead over anything else. IMO how could Kelly ever care for a man who murdered his father. IMO how could someone love the child of someone they decided to hate so much to have him killed. IMO if Sean felt guilty about having Nick killed it would likely make him avoid Kelly too.

BC controlled mansion was a place that at any time could have killed or taken baby Kelly whether Adalind or Sean wanted it. Conard himself make that point when torturing Nick. I do not believe that Sean would have hurt Kelly himself or encourage it in any way even though Kelly could be a Grimm.

(01-26-2017, 08:48 PM)degrimm Wrote: Come on "single bed is far away"- it's just the other room- possibly 2-3 secs walk or 5 footstep and the doors doesn't have to be shut; and more?- what more need to be done.
There's no point here
I had my baby right next to the bed and going to the next room in the dark for me would have been an issue. Great for you, if that is not an issue for you.