Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - irukandji - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 05:52 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 05:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 05:19 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean should not expect sex from Adalind.....

What difference would sex with Renard make to Adalind? She was no lily white maiden who had pledged herself to Nick. She's used sex in the past as a tool to get what she wanted. What would have been the harm in having sex with him? She's technically his wife via the ring anyway.

(01-26-2017, 05:19 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: ...and Sean should have never become mayor in a way where his family was being held hostage.

I agree, but part of the blame goes back to Adalind, in my opinion. She could have worked with Renard, convinced him to be a mayor for everyone, not just BC.

I think Renard was totally scared of Conrad and No was not an option

But Renard had no one to back him up. If Adalind had been on his side, who knows how things might have turned out.

(01-26-2017, 05:19 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 04:34 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 04:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean and Adalind is what is not working now.
But don't you think a good part of the reason why they're not working is Adalind?
I do. One of the things that hasn’t changed about Adalind is that she’s loyal to whomever she’s with at a given time. She’s angry with Renard because he gave away their daughter, but she’s not with Renard now. She ignores that Nick and his friends were equally involved because she’s with Nick now.

Had Adalind put her children first, she would have tried to reason with Renard concerning his alliance with BC, and tried to convince him he should work with Nick/HW as a way to get them away from BC. But Adalind didn’t do anything other than put Renard on the couch and threaten if he hurt Nick. If she’d reacted to him as the father of her daughter instead of a sudden enemy, things might have turned out differently.

Right. She worked so hard to put her children first, and in the process gained some dignity and integrity. Now, she's back to putting Nick first and has lost all of the admirable qualities she had.

RE: Diana - MarylikesGrimm - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 05:19 PM)Robyn Wrote: Lack of funds isn’t a problem in fiction unless the story needs it to be. Nick & Juliette owned a house their combined incomes couldn’t afford. Even if a foreclosure, the paint factory, commercial real estate, would be a huge chunk of change for an individual. Nick’s covering the mortgage, all household & personal expenses, and rent on a storage facility large enough to accommodate all the furniture from the previous house.

G&K for whatever reason has made money issues for this one character common theme throughout the show. Adalind was not able to work for years and the show made a point that she got no cash and other than she got a magic hat and spell book and nothing of real value from mom. The spellbook is often used by the scooby team. When Adalind was with the royals they would paid the hotel room including the food bill and they would sent someone with her to clothes stores to use the royal credit card. Multiple times during the show Adalind has made comments being short of money or about money. Adalind when was living with Nick avoided spending money to the point it annoyed Nick because she had no clothes. Why only one cast member ever had money problems or concerns makes no sense to me?

(01-26-2017, 05:55 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 05:19 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean should not expect sex from Adalind.....

What difference would sex with Renard make to Adalind? She was no lily white maiden who had pledged herself to Nick. She's used sex in the past as a tool to get what she wanted. What would have been the harm in having sex with him? She's technically his wife via the ring anyway.

Adalind having sex with Sean within a day of Nick would be a bad idea no matter who she was. Adalind should not get pregnant and not know who the father is.

IMO reason Sean treats Adalind like dirt is he sees her as a whore. Adalind did not have sex with Nick right away and Nick was kind to her.

IMO Sean was rude to Adalind right away asking her about her feeling for Nick. Adalind is the mother of two children she should be respected. She should have her own bedroom if she wants. It is not like Sean will change Kelly's diapers like Nick and Adalind likes to sleep with her kids but not with Sean.

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-26-2017

In real life, we probably all know someone who never seems to have any money problems. We never ask where all their money is because in our culture it's considered rude. So when someone on TV doesn't have the problems because the writers don't want to write about them having money problems, I don't worry about it much.

Based on what a PPB detective and a PDX vet of midrange income make, Nick and Juliette probably could have afforded that house together back in 2010-2011. Not so sure about that now. But when you throw in all the times that place got trashed and then fixed up really fast, and the fact that Nick was able to sell it literally days after Juliette disappeared, we're left with the likelihood that for some reason or another it was in his name only. I figure that he must have had some money in the bank left to him when his parents "died," and maybe there was more left to him by Aunt Marie.

As for the prospects of sex between Sean and Adalind now, any attempt by Sean would probably result in bigger home furnishings than pottery being launched at his head.

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 01-26-2017

The debate on Diana at the fome and how Nick, Sean, and Adalind should or should not do we will just have to wait and see. As for Adalind staying with Sean just for Diana isn't a good way for any relationship to work.

Two people trying to live together just for a child isn't a good way to live, now I'm sure others will disagree and have seen it work. I haven't so this is just my opinion so do waste your two cents.

IMO we have to look at who put up the fight for Adalind and both children, simple answer Sean didn't, Nick did now will this make any difference to Diana no because she doesn't know. Adalind said she couldn't give up her children and Nick said ok even agreeing to work with Sean to see Diana.

RE: Diana - Robyn - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 05:55 PM)irukandji Wrote: Right. She worked so hard to put her children first, and in the process gained some dignity and integrity. Now, she's back to putting Nick first and has lost all of the admirable qualities she had.
But Adalind’s behavior puts her in a positive light with Nick and his friends. And everyone acting as though the kidnapping never happened is absurd, especially Adalind.

(01-26-2017, 06:03 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: G&K for whatever reason has made money issues for this one character common theme throughout the show.
Yes they have, because it benefited their story, not because it made sense. As a lawyer, it’s reasonable to believe Adalind would have had a financial portfolio and not been immediately destitute after leaving the law firm. Considering her history with Nick, it isn’t believable that she didn’t worry Nick would take Kelly from her and wasn’t anxious to get back to work and earn a much needed income.

(01-26-2017, 06:03 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(01-26-2017, 05:55 PM)irukandji Wrote:
IMO reason Sean treats Adalind like dirt is he sees her as a whore. Adalind did not have sex with Nick right away and Nick was kind to her.

IMO Sean was rude to Adalind right away asking her about her feeling for Nick. Adalind is the mother of two children she should be respected. She should have her own bedroom if she wants. It is not like Sean will change Kelly's diapers like Nick and Adalind likes to sleep with her kids but not with Sean.
Nick being kind to her is not a reason for Adalind to have sex or to fall in love with him. I’m not sure Renard was disrespectful to Adalind. Prior to her arrival at the mansion, their conversations had been brief and to the point. Based on their history, I imagine Renard assumed sex was on the table. He probably assumed Nick and Adalind were having sex, but he was surprised to realize Adalind might actually have feelings for Nick. And based on his experience with Adalind, his assumption and surprise is understandable. I’m not agreeing with him, but he had no way of knowing Adalind had changed. Nick was having sex with Adalind and didn’t trust her or care about her other than as the mother of his son, so Renard’s opinion of her wasn’t much different than Nick’s.

(01-26-2017, 06:32 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I figure that he must have had some money in the bank left to him when his parents "died," and maybe there was more left to him by Aunt Marie.
That make's the most sense. But we discussed this topic before, and the show didn't provide Nick inheriting anything from his parents' deaths or Marie's. The money was just there in Nick's case and absent in Adalind's.

(01-26-2017, 06:49 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Two people trying to live together just for a child isn't a good way to live, now I'm sure others will disagree and have seen it work. I haven't so this is just my opinion so do waste your two cents.
Nick and Adalind lived together because of Kelly. And one of them fell in love.

RE: Diana - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-26-2017

I think letting Diana spend as much time as she wants with her daddy is the scoobies' best bet. Because I've noticed over the seasons that the better people get to know Sean Renard, the less they seem to like him.

(01-26-2017, 06:03 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind having sex with Sean within a day of Nick would be a bad idea no matter who she was. Adalind should not get pregnant and not know who the father is.

Well, hopefully by now, Adalind will be smart enough to take precautions.

(01-26-2017, 06:03 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: IMO reason Sean treats Adalind like dirt is he sees her as a whore. Adalind did not have sex with Nick right away and Nick was kind to her.

Nick hated her guts at one time, and robbed her of her powers by force kissing her. Adalind later raped him to rob him of his powers. Now both of them are cuddly cozey with no regard for the past.

Sean probably did look at her as a whore and he would have been right. Add a few other names, like deceiver, lowlife and liar, and the picture would be complete.

He's not treating her like a whore now. If all can be forgiven with Nick, there's no reason why all can't be forgiven with Sean.

(01-26-2017, 06:03 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: IMO Sean was rude to Adalind right away asking her about her feeling for Nick. Adalind is the mother of two children she should be respected. She should have her own bedroom if she wants. It is not like Sean will change Kelly's diapers like Nick and Adalind likes to sleep with her kids but not with Sean.

Hmmm......well both of Adalind's pregnancies warrant volumes of discussion that would show she deserves a lot of things, respect not being one of them. She was going to sell the first baby and then tampered with that pregnancy to make the infant more valuable. She was all prepared to blame Viktor for the second pregnancy to ensure royal connections and would have never told Nick about it if she could have gotten away with it.

Sean needed a family for his mayoral duties and in my opinion, he was trying to make it work with Adalind. He has to have some respect for her to even make the attempt. It was Adalind who refused to have anything to do with him and made the house an unpleasant environment for Sean, herself and her children.

I understand she loves Nick, but at this stage of the game, Adalind has made herself pretty much useless. It would have made the story far more interesting if she had not only cooperated with Sean, but helped him along the way, and turned him from BC. In her own way, she would be helping Nick, who she loves.

I actually think that instead of the whole dumb Eve/Nick/Adalind triangle that keeps being shoved down our throats and no one really wants, a Nick/Adalind/Sean triangle would be much more interesting. Both men would have to step up to the plate to prove their love for Adalind. She wouldn't be portrayed as the bimbo after Nick's unmentionables, but a woman who puts her children first and as such, has gained integrity and dignity. In other words, she's worth the risk.

As for the dirty diapers, that doesn't make or break a relationship nor does it make a man a man because he changes a diaper. I would imagine Nick, like most men, shies away from the really poopy ones and leaves them to Adalind.

(01-26-2017, 07:02 PM)irukandji Wrote: I would imagine Nick, like most men, shies away from the really poopy ones and leaves them to Adalind.

Nick being in the bed with Adalind before they had sex did make it easier for Nick to change diapers and feed the baby at night. In the show, he feed the baby at night. In a deleted scene has Nick change a diaper. My point is not who is a man the point is who is to care for Kelly. Nick shared the work with Kelly with Adalind and Sean is only interested in the fun part with Diana.

I guess I do not know most fathers because most fathers I know, under 55, changed any diaper.

(01-26-2017, 07:16 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I guess I do not know most fathers because most fathers I know, under 55, changed any diaper.

In all fairness to Nick, and why I'm being fair to him, I'll never know, he really shouldn't have to change any diapers. He's the one working for a living. Adalind isn't. It wasn't his idea to have a baby. She was the one who got pregnant. Kelly should be her job so to speak.

(01-26-2017, 07:16 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Nick being in the bed with Adalind before they had sex did make it easier for Nick to change diapers and feed the baby at night. In the show, he feed the baby at night. In a deleted scene has Nick change a diaper. My point is not who is a man the point is who is to care for Kelly. Nick shared the work with Kelly with Adalind and Sean is only interested in the fun part with Diana.

Adalind should be getting up off her lazy butt, and she should be changing and feeding the baby. Nick shouldn't have to do that as he's bringing home the bacon. By the way, I can see why they deleted the diaper changing scene with Nick doing the changing. That is so unlike him.

With regard to Sean, we really don't know what he would do, do we? I mean, Adalind's never really given him the chance.

(01-26-2017, 07:23 PM)irukandji Wrote: With regard to Sean, we really don't know what he would do, do we? I mean, Adalind's never really given him the chance.
Sean never goes near Kelly by choice which makes sense since he is not his child. It make sense for Nick to help since Kelly is his. Who does what in a family is cultural so Portland would be very different than other areas of the country. Breastfeeding or bottle feeding a baby is also related to cultural issues.