Grimm Forum
Diana - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Diana (/Thread-Diana)

RE: Diana - aboutnici - 12-07-2015

I can't wait to find out what really happen to Diana in episode 13 and if or when she'll come back to her family and meets her baby brother Kelly.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 07:06 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: I've always thought that Diana remembers everything she remembered it was Juliette in season 3 who when they got to Nick house that got her warm. So when she sees or maybe heard the voice of Juliette with Kenneth she remember the kindness, and we don't know how much Kelly may have taught her about Nick and his friends. Just my thought.

I actually think it would be cool if Juliette ended up taking care of Diana.

RE: Diana - speakeasy - 12-07-2015

Don't know if Juliette's decline would have ended up in complete madness or not, and she was on a real downward spiral at the end of last season, but she certainly looked to have no problem attaching to Diana in a maternal way.

A thought that has occurred to me a number of times since Adalind had Kelly is that there is no reason why the baby couldn't have some very recognizable traits of Juliette - after all, both women were in there when he was conceived.

RE: Diana - Nightschade - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 07:29 PM)speakeasy Wrote: A thought that has occurred to me a number of times since Adalind had Kelly is that there is no reason why the baby couldn't have some very recognizable traits of Juliette - after all, both women were in there when he was conceived.

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea to think about. I guess it depends what you mean by traits, (I'm assuming you mean inheritable traits such as appearance rather than personality traits) but that could definitely be an intriguing possibility that they could explore on the show.

But, I always thought that the spell that made Adalind and Juliette look alike was purely superficial, which would mean that Adalind only looked like Juliette on the outside, but kept her own 'insides' so to speak. Her ovaries, her uterus, her genetic material.

I've talked with a few people who speculated that kelly may be Juliette's biologically, but for the reasons I stated, I never really thought so. And I guess that applies to this situation to.

Of course, this is all just speculation and conjecture on my part, and so Kelly inheriting from Juliette probably is something that could play out on the show.

RE: Diana - speakeasy - 12-08-2015

(12-07-2015, 10:21 PM)Nightschade Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 07:29 PM)speakeasy Wrote: A thought that has occurred to me a number of times since Adalind had Kelly is that there is no reason why the baby couldn't have some very recognizable traits of Juliette - after all, both women were in there when he was conceived.

Hmmm, that's an interesting idea to think about. I guess it depends what you mean by traits, (I'm assuming you mean inheritable traits such as appearance rather than personality traits) but that could definitely be an intriguing possibility that they could explore on the show.

But, I always thought that the spell that made Adalind and Juliette look alike was purely superficial, which would mean that Adalind only looked like Juliette on the outside, but kept her own 'insides' so to speak. Her ovaries, her uterus, her genetic material.

I've talked with a few people who speculated that kelly may be Juliette's biologically, but for the reasons I stated, I never really thought so. And I guess that applies to this situation to.

Of course, this is all just speculation and conjecture on my part, and so Kelly inheriting from Juliette probably is something that could play out on the show.

Yes, I know it's a bit of a stretch, but in the world of magic, there could have been an element of Juliette present. I don't really think it's an idea that the writers would even want to pursue - but I did mean the outward habits like the way she had of moving at times (saw Adalind do it when she was Juliette), and her dimples, for instance, and other mannerisms we all have about us. And I also meant Juliette's inner being, too. Remember she was not a Hexenbiest yet and was quite a fine girl then. Also I was approaching the idea from a perspective of it being a good thing, sort of a comforting message to Nick that he had something of Juliette to hold on to.

But imagining the effect that would likely have on Adalind, the idea begins losing its charm. Smile Now I write about it further, I have to admit it the whole ideas would have probably had the sort of unfortunate side affect that all these potion-mixing activities have been producing since the show began. Just what we need, more calamity! Big Grin Forget I ever mentioned the whole thing and we'll just keep it between the two of us; nobody else has to know about this hair-brained folly, lol.

RE: Diana - irukandji - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 03:18 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 10:21 PM)Nightschade Wrote:

Yes, I know it's a bit of a stretch, but in the world of magic, there could have been an element of Juliette present. I don't really think it's an idea that the writers would even want to pursue - but I did mean the outward habits like the way she had of moving at times (saw Adalind do it when she was Juliette), and her dimples, for instance, and other mannerisms we all have about us. And I also meant Juliette's inner being, too. Remember she was not a Hexenbiest yet and was quite a fine girl then. Also I was approaching the idea from a perspective of it being a good thing, sort of a comforting message to Nick that he had something of Juliette to hold on to.

But imagining the effect that would likely have on Adalind, the idea begins losing its charm. :) Now I write about it further, I have to admit it the whole ideas would have probably had the sort of unfortunate side affect that all these potion-mixing activities have been producing since the show began. Just what we need, more calamity! :D Forget I ever mentioned the whole thing and we'll just keep it between the two of us; nobody else has to know about this hair-brained folly, lol.

Not hair-brained at all. I have wondered this very thing and I think it was discussed in Spells and Potions. I personally don't think the spell was some kind of illusion. I think Adalind actually became "another Juliette" for that while, and vice versa. The baby was a product of Nick and "the other" Juliette's union. Would it have carried back over once Adalind transformed back into herself? You wouldn't think so, this being an enchantment, but one never knows.

(12-08-2015, 06:23 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 10:21 PM)Nightschade Wrote: [quote='speakeasy' pid='19419' dateline='1449541779']

A thought that has occurred to me a number of times since Adalind had Kelly is that there is no reason why the baby couldn't have some very recognizable traits of Juliette - after all, both women were in there when he was conceived.

But imagining the effect that would likely have on Adalind, the idea begins losing its charm. Smile Now I write about it further, I have to admit it the whole ideas would have probably had the sort of unfortunate side affect that all these potion-mixing activities have been producing since the show began. Just what we need, more calamity! Big Grin Forget I ever mentioned the whole thing and we'll just keep it between the two of us; nobody else has to know about this hair-brained folly, lol.

(08-05-1974, 11:08 AM)irukandji Wrote: Not hair-brained at all. I have wondered this very thing and I think it was discussed in Spells and Potions. I personally don't think the spell was some kind of illusion. I think Adalind actually became "another Juliette" for that while, and vice versa. The baby was a product of Nick and "the other" Juliette's union. Would it have carried back over once Adalind transformed back into herself? You wouldn't think so, this being an enchantment, but one never knows.

Turns out I didn't have an original thought in regard to baby Kelly's genetic makeup after all, must be among the many conversations I missed during my time away from the forum. Smile

There probably is a distinction between Adalind creating the outward appearance of Juliette to rob Nick of his Grimmness and that of Juliette taking on the outward appearance of Adalind in the process of restoring it. In the absence of knowledge to the contrary I'm still considering the idea that since Juliette did indeed retain the Hexenbiest essence - it may fair to also consider the possibility of Juliette transferring something of herself to Adalind and through her, to the child.

The prospect of the whole concept so confusing and outlandish that I've given myself a headache, like the man said, pain strikes the weakest spots first. Tongue

RE: Diana - jsgrimm45 - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 08:22 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(12-08-2015, 06:23 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 10:21 PM)Nightschade Wrote: [quote='speakeasy' pid='19419' dateline='1449541779']

(08-05-1974, 11:08 AM)irukandji Wrote: Not hair-brained at all. I have wondered this very thing and I think it was discussed in Spells and Potions. I personally don't think the spell was some kind of illusion. I think Adalind actually became "another Juliette" for that while, and vice versa. The baby was a product of Nick and "the other" Juliette's union. Would it have carried back over once Adalind transformed back into herself? You wouldn't think so, this being an enchantment, but one never knows.

Turns out I didn't have an original thought in regard to baby Kelly's genetic makeup after all, must be among the many conversations I missed during my time away from the forum. Smile

There probably is a distinction between Adalind creating the outward appearance of Juliette to rob Nick of his Grimmness and that of Juliette taking on the outward appearance of Adalind in the process of restoring it. In the absence of knowledge to the contrary I'm still considering the idea that since Juliette did indeed retain the Hexenbiest essence - it may fair to also consider the possibility of Juliette transferring something of herself to Adalind and through her, to the child.

The prospect of the whole concept so confusing and outlandish that I've given myself a headache, like the man said, pain strikes the weakest spots first. Tongue
interesting posts, we don't know just how much Adalind became Juliette and we don't know what Adalind with the potion that took Nick's Grimm. Now add in Grimm blood, and the potion Elizabeth made to get the Grimm back change Juliette into a hexen. This all could work, always a but I don't think the writers would go this complex of a plot. I see why you have a headache give me one just following the plot.Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Diana - New Guy - 12-08-2015

Hi Forum,
The blood of a Grimm un-hexen, Stefinia's contract and re-hexen process, the steal a Grimm's power and the restore Grimm powers spells all had some side effects.
I recall that when Adalind became the fake Juliette (seems to me Bitsie played the part of the fake one) after the sex act (per Wiki):
Adalind put her clothes on and headed downstairs to leave, but before she could leave, she ran into Trubel coming out of the kitchen. Trubel joked that she wasn't cooking anything... except bacon. Adalind replied that she hated bacon and left. Trubel asked if she was going to the wedding, but Adalind closed the door. Trubel was curious, so she decided to follow her. Trubel watched as Adalind got into a taxi. As the taxi pulled away, she was surprised to suddenly see a blonde woman in the back of the taxi instead of Juliette.
Trubel could smell a rat. Why was Nick so easily fooled? Only a bit of reminisce would have easily exposed her as a fake and created an interesting plot line. A simple "Juliette" how did you forget that? It Happened this very morning. As she tries to cover her lie the spell wears off and voila! Nick says "Adalind, WTH are you up to now?!
Oh well, too late now the plot moved on, the spells were cast and Hexenette died. Thank you Trubel.
I am beginning to wonder if Nick will be the next to go and Trubel will get the lead role.
New Guy

(12-08-2015, 06:23 AM)irukandji Wrote: ...I have wondered this very thing and I think it was discussed in Spells and Potions. I personally don't think the spell was some kind of illusion. I think Adalind actually became "another Juliette" for that while, and vice versa. The baby was a product of Nick and "the other" Juliette's union. Would it have carried back over once Adalind transformed back into herself? You wouldn't think so, this being an enchantment, but one never knows.

(11-26-2015, 06:35 PM)speakeasy Wrote: ...There probably is a distinction between Adalind creating the outward appearance of Juliette to rob Nick of his Grimmness and that of Juliette taking on the outward appearance of Adalind in the process of restoring it. In the absence of knowledge to the contrary I'm still considering the idea that since Juliette did indeed retain the Hexenbiest essence - it may fair to also consider the possibility of Juliette transferring something of herself to Adalind and through her, to the child.

(12-12-2015, 01:26 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: interesting posts, we don't know just how much Adalind became Juliette and we don't know what Adalind with the potion that took Nick's Grimm. Now add in Grimm blood, and the potion Elizabeth made to get the Grimm back change Juliette into a hexen. This all could work, always a but I don't think the writers would gg this complex of a plot. I see why you have a headache give me one just following the plot.Big GrinBig Grin

Portland omelet. Tongue